[SCRIPT-IDEA] Less micromanagement when supplying a carrier with new fighters

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

lastebil
x3tc

[SCRIPT-IDEA] Less micromanagement when supplying a carrier with new fighters

Post by lastebil » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 19:11

At the moment I rule out m1s, because of all the micromanagement involved in using one.

The cost of supplying fighters that most likely will have losses of different reasons involve cost that make even losing one m3 fighter more of a cost than the payment of preatty much any mission.

I assume that I at some point will have enough income to not think to much about this. Now there's the second issue: If say I loose the majority of my fighters in a fight, that's where this script comes in.

The script is supposed to be a loss replacement script.
The script should do the following:
Buy a number of ships, equip them with a given set of upgrades, make the hangar ship their home and fly to the ship.
Last edited by lastebil on Wed, 4. Feb 09, 19:39, edited 1 time in total.

ediko

Post by ediko » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 19:29

I think this one would be a really good script. Something like an automated carrier :D

magnetmannen

Post by magnetmannen » Thu, 5. Feb 09, 16:40

i join in on this one, it allways annoys me that drones and fighters are so hard to handle, for instance drones, why the hell wouldnt they be able to dock with all known ships?? th ey should launch and land on the front of the ship so that when you launch say 25 drones they fly out of your hull one by one with say 0.1 sec interwals, it would look great and they should dock the same way.

buying ships and equipping them is a horror, and when you have equipped them you got to set theyr autopilotes too, so i propose the following, a factory wich has main settings , so you can buy and reverse engineer ships then build them with weapons and autopilotsettings that you set in the factory. a bigger and better gui would be nice, say a mousecursor used outlay of the ship, equipment, and cargo.

then add a refill command to the carriers, say when carriers looses 80 % of all fighters it can autojump to factory and refill m3:s then jump back and get in action again.
My pc is better than your pc.

lastebil
x3tc

Post by lastebil » Thu, 5. Feb 09, 21:08

Hmm, just to pick a piece of your idea and make a new suggestion to possible solutions to programmers of it (not saying it might be a good solution, but maybe?): How about having making the shipyard the "base" of this command or parts of the command?

Might be easier? I don´t know?

Treelor
x4

Post by Treelor » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 05:43

Sounds a lot like the fighterbase script from X3:R, actually. I loved that little guy.

MadGizmo
xr

Post by MadGizmo » Mon, 23. Feb 09, 10:38

Here are my two cents about the subject...

My first post on this forum was about this very subject. At the time I bought a Panther with 32 Nova Raiders. The shipyard only allows you to buy 10 fighters (and some equipment - depending on the shipyard) at a time. So, I had to repeat that 4 times. But I also wanted them to have some other upgrades and wares. And that meant flying to several stations and equipping the fighters one by one... 32 times...

It would be great if there was a wing trade command which allowed to buy wares and upgrades. It would work just like normal buying (and selling), except that it is applied to all members in the wing. Then the members of the wing fly in one by one to pick up the stuff you've just bought.

Then of course you have the problem of supplying the carrier and its ships. Of course this is a general problem as well. It applies to all ships you own. Often the problem with existing solutions is that you'll have to stop the current commands of a ship to get it supplied. That might not be a problem, but I currently have a fleet of 240+ ships and they are all programmed to do certain tasks. Supplying would need to be non-intrusive. It would be great if there was a supply mod in which you could assign the delivery of wares to given ships. In this case wings are not handy anymore. There are not enough wings for my fleet. Instead any number of "supply groups" should be available. So, the supplier would need a list of ships for each group to supply and what wares to supply them with. It would also need to have a list of stations of where to get the wares from. It should get the goods for free if you own these stations or buy them at the listed stations if they are not owned by you. One ship would supply one group of ships. Groups may overlap.

Paranoid69
x3tc

Post by Paranoid69 » Mon, 23. Feb 09, 11:45

Some of the issues seem to be adressed with Lucike's CODEA Carrier Operation script, which includes tenders for auto-supply of the fighters. You can find it in the German forum, but it includes english translation. I didn't try it yet, as my credits are not enough to effort a carrier after a required reinstall.

semiliterate

Post by semiliterate » Tue, 24. Feb 09, 10:46

Paranoid69 wrote:Some of the issues seem to be adressed with Lucike's CODEA Carrier Operation script, which includes tenders for auto-supply of the fighters. You can find it in the German forum, but it includes english translation.
um. am i missing something? CODEA doesn't SEEM to contain an english translation.

Paranoid69
x3tc

Post by Paranoid69 » Wed, 25. Feb 09, 00:11

Oops, I'm sorry. Mixed this up with the Security and Rescue Service - "Sicherheitsdienst". This one runs very nicely in english by itself.
For CODEA I created the english translation myself for private use, taking a WIP from another german post as a template. As I just got the Vidar from the terran plot, I'll give it a test drive as soon as I "aquire" a Deimos. Still too broke for buying a real big carrier.

Cheers

semiliterate

Post by semiliterate » Wed, 25. Feb 09, 00:22

post it please? or if you insist on "testing" and all that nonsense, any chance you'd script a carrier?

because i bought a raptor before i considered the pains of outfitting its wings.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”