Ion Cannon question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

docmasters
x3

Ion Cannon question

Post by docmasters » Thu, 5. Feb 09, 00:13

I see em on equipment docks, but I don't see any stations for em. Are there any? If not does the equipment docks ever get em in?

lastebil
x3tc

Post by lastebil » Thu, 5. Feb 09, 00:26

These´s a very handy addon available (can´t remember what it´s called, and I´m not at my pc, so I can´t check). It enables you to search for any wares available in the game.

If you don´t want this addon, you can search for this weapon in the encyclopedia. It should tell you if you have detected any factories that produce it.

I find it very unlikely that every one of the ion cannon producing factories in your game has been destroyed. You should be able to find some.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 5. Feb 09, 00:43

Check Heavy Weapons Complexes. They vary by race, and you might find what you're looking for in certain race sectors. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Mr Missile
x3tc

Post by Mr Missile » Thu, 5. Feb 09, 00:47

I believe it's a Boron specific station/technology, at least the only place I could buy the fab to make my own was a Boron shipyard, so maybe start looking in Boron space?

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Thu, 5. Feb 09, 01:08

grbaker
x4

Post by grbaker » Thu, 5. Feb 09, 01:38

Arrive in a Paranid sector to find a wee battle going on between two Argon M2's and many Paranid M2's & M7's... The P's had the numbers...

Result - lots of drop wares... IBL*9, Ion Cannon*2, bunch of junkI have no idea why a M2 would have...

Seems to be the best way to source these weapons.

Funny thing is when I nuke a M2 I get a Banshee, a CIG & a IRE if i'm lucky.

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Thu, 5. Feb 09, 03:14

Use the encylopedia, it's under your player menu in the game and each weapon entry lists the factories that produce the weapon and the docks that stock it. It does only list stations you've come across though, but as you're asking about Ion Cannons I assume you've largely got the universe mapped out.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”