[IDEA] [LIB] Debug Menu's

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

s9ilent
x4

[IDEA] [LIB] Debug Menu's

Post by s9ilent » Thu, 5. Feb 09, 13:12

(Yes I know the game already has debug menu's)

I've finished debugging (mostly.. well.. sort of.. well... there's always something, but I've don't need the script that I'm suggesting)

The idea is basically to make a debug custom menu, that allows you to do some fairly basic things.. well several things.. well.. Suggest what things you think it should do.

A lot of my scripting work involved working with local/global variables (and arrays/matrices specifically). And after serious debugging, it became a little annoying having to continuously write-tweak my temporary debug scripts. Wouldn't it be nice if there was a nice GUI-menu that allowed you to browse through your local/global variables/arrays/matricies.

(And change their values)

Any way.. its late.. I can't do this right now (Why do I always come up with ideas right before bed time :S sifn't have them in the morning when there is heaps of time left...)

But yeh, Ideas, comments suggestions
Specifically, what other pertinent information should be accessible by the menu

-Local/globals, view/change them (and array/matrix friendly)
-save "strings" options. (eg save the string of your variable name)
-concatenate to string (eg if you just saved plugin.yourscript, then you may want to concatenate .options to the end of that and save it as a new one)
-modify the variables (or null them)

Are these useful?
-Message book: "is script $string" running on ship @ task + get PID (and oviously print the task)
-Get command, cmd target, cmd target 2, dest, wanted ware, wanted amt, attack target, .. I can't think of many more... get fly target?

Any way, yeh, Ideas comments suggestions (sleep time)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”