Starburst Shockwave Cannon slows down the game?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Orion1632
x4

Starburst Shockwave Cannon slows down the game?

Post by Orion1632 » Fri, 6. Feb 09, 03:26

I was noticing last night that when my Starburst Shockwave Cannons fire, my game slows down and gets really low FPS.

the situation is: I am cruising along in a Khaak sector (doing final fury missions) and the FPS is just fine, everything is smooth. Then some Khaak warp in, and my SSC turrets start to fire and the game goes slow and jerky, then once all the Khaak are dead the SSC stops firing, and the games goes smooth again.

I am not at my game box at the moment so I can't post a DxDiag.

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Fri, 6. Feb 09, 03:41

Whilst your observations seem more than plausible a quick check would be to change weapon selection to see if it is SSC/pSSC and not just the volume of Khaak?

Orion1632
x4

Post by Orion1632 » Fri, 6. Feb 09, 04:17

just me and one cluster of Khaak in the sector at that time. Hence it was interesting.

I didn't mind the slowdown at the start when there was khaak everywhere, but it got weird when there was only me and one cluster and it still slowed down.

WarpedcowOwnzU

Post by WarpedcowOwnzU » Fri, 6. Feb 09, 18:25

SSCs are just very graphically intensive - if you want to really avoid the slowdown, set your camera on something else. Or just go to external ship view and zoom WAY out, that usually helps a ton too. Lowering your graphics settings/resolution will help some too. It's the worst when your SSCs are fighting Khaak ships as the Khaak laser beams slow things down too.
www.trackpedia.com
ASUS P5Q Pro - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.4GHZ - ATI Radeon 4870 - 4GB OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066 - Windows Server 2008 64bit - 2x500GB in RAID1
#1 in X3TC Ships Destroyed

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”