[3d/ PICS x9] TNI P-ORT

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Winter Dragon
x3tc

[3d/ PICS x9] TNI P-ORT

Post by Winter Dragon » Thu, 9. Jan 03, 23:46

[ external image ]

Here are the blueprints (not entirely accurate but close enough) for the Passenger ORT class ship. It's main function is for short distance travel between ships/planets, but it can hold enough food stores to reach deep space if neccessary. There are two decks, the top being for passenger use and the lower (and slightly more cramped) deck stores supplies and equipment.

[MISC]

Crew: 1-3
Passengers: 8
Seats: 8
Beds: 14

ARMOR/SHIELDS

Shield 1: 25Mw Shield (covers front, bottom/top, and sides)
Shield 2: 10Mw Shield (rear deflector/engines)
Shield 3: 5Mw Shield (turret)

All Shields can be distributed (ie. 75Mw at the back with 0Mw anywhere else)

Armor: Nicron 5 Teflon coated Glisteinor Plate Steel (12", 16", 22")

ARMAMENTS

1 light anti-armor Plasma cannon (also affects targets shields)
FFAR (x396 60mm Fast Firing Artillery Rockets)

ENGINES

2 Mk3 Generation 9 Thrusters
4 Mk2 Maglite boosters (Phase 2)

[ external image ]

Powerful lights can spot any danger miles away, but besides this are a series of tiny cameras mounted along the two angled plates at the front. These give the pilot a near 180 degree view from a series of monitors. The lights have several functions, including flashing beacons if it's in distress.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

The TNI varient has a light anti-armor cannon which fires low-medium yield plasma (Yellow bolts), and its rate of fire depends on charge time. An average shot is fired every 4 seconds, but if charged for long enough several can be fired in this time.

[ external image ]

A. FFAR Rockets were weapons of the ancients, and the modified version can work effectively in space when used correctly. These ones act as proximity charges, and once they draw near to an object they'll explode. They can also explode after reaching ranges of up to 1km.

B. The ship has seen a lot of action, including the interior which will be revamped next season.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

This is the main entrance into the ship, although there are small hatches under the hull for emergency purposes.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Two Bluelit thrusters give the P-ORT a massive speed advantage, and the four Goldlit boosters enable extra speed if required plus better handling when turning. (The rockets can be fired linked or individually, getting different results)

RustiSwordz
x2

Post by RustiSwordz » Thu, 9. Jan 03, 23:51

Cool Dippo mate but one question.

If it can only carry 8 passengers and 3 crew. Why does it need 14 beds. :lol: :wink: :P
RustiSwordz Art Blog:

http://rustiswordz.blogspot.com/

Winter Dragon
x3tc

Post by Winter Dragon » Thu, 9. Jan 03, 23:57

Well if anyone's rescued (probably not likely) then there's a bed spare... lol. I'm not entirely sure. Well, the interior will be redesigned eventually (not sure when) to accomodate more crew and sleeping quarters.

There's also a kitchen on this ship.

Faze
x2

Post by Faze » Thu, 9. Jan 03, 23:59

Cracking work Dip.

Like it a lot.

:p
No point in running.
You will just DIE tired!

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak !

Avis
x2

Post by Avis » Fri, 10. Jan 03, 00:21

rusti_swordz wrote:Cool Dippo mate but one question.

If it can only carry 8 passengers and 3 crew. Why does it need 14 beds. :lol: :wink: :P
well rusti remember last week when youd had a skin full then you had that 'accident' in bed..

well if that happens 30 light years from nearest matress supliers, someone is gona be bunking down on cold steel or damp bedding :D

Avis
x2

Post by Avis » Fri, 10. Jan 03, 00:24

oh Dip, awesome as always,

just one question,
how are you making these models ?
what program ?
the model is to be honest near if not broadcast quality, only the textures let it down.
why no propa textureing ?

(did I mention I can't count :-P )

not crytisisum 'cos if I could model something like that, i'd be a very happy bunny I can tell ya (well I probably could but the time !!)

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Fri, 10. Jan 03, 00:29

Very nice Dip, especially the shot of the interior gives you a sorta intimacy with the ship 8)

Winter Dragon
x3tc

Post by Winter Dragon » Fri, 10. Jan 03, 00:36

I use 3d Studio Max.

It is textured, but there's room for improvement. These are called "Procedural textures" because they are manufactured materials made from within the program. The bonus of procedurals is, most of the time they do not require UVW mapping (which is a painstaking surface by surface editing/scaling affair) which means you simply drag and drop onto an object and the renderer takes care of the rest.

These can still be tricky to make, and the ones I made took about an hour.

I would like to give it better textures but there's just a couple of issues:

i) It'd take another week or two to texture the entire thing with bitmaps/jpgs, because I'd have to do it surface by surface.
ii) I don't know where to get any real decent textures. I suck at making my own.

I will try and improve the textures and if I'm successful I'll post an update ;) It might take a while

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Fri, 10. Jan 03, 00:41

Hi Dip,

Nice description of the ship. Like the sound of it.

Goldo
x3tc

Post by Goldo » Fri, 10. Jan 03, 01:07

:o

i've found my new Personal Transport :D :D

i'll buy 1 (if pos, custome suited to my needs ;) ) and another 20 for the guild, default builds :)

awesome ship dipplo mate :)

UncleKnobby

Post by UncleKnobby » Fri, 10. Jan 03, 09:13

Very Very Nice.
A double thumb's up from me.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”