Blasted, blasted Paranids and their blasted blasted PSGs . . . .

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Usenko
x3

Blasted, blasted Paranids and their blasted blasted PSGs . . . .

Post by Usenko » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 14:18

So I was doing an XI in Eighteen Billion. A Paranid corvette had shown up and was "helping out". But he unloaded with lots of PSGs.

I hate PSGs.

Crimes of the Paranid:

1) Taking such large quantities of shields off my ship (a hyperion, no less!) that I had to keep going out of sector to do the old "dump shield and grab" trick.

2) Destroying loot. Lots of it. I was just about to nab a tasty GPPC before the idiot destroyed it.

3) Environmental damage. You wouldn't believe how many asteroids he destroyed. I'm guessing Eighteen Billion has been brought down in value to, say, ten billion . . .

4) Worst crime of all: Several times he took MY KILL!

Still got a nice fat 188 Xenon, but could have been more . . :)
Morkonan wrote:What really happened isn't as exciting. Putin flexed his left thigh during his morning ride on a flying bear, right after beating fifty Judo blackbelts, which he does upon rising every morning. (Not that Putin sleeps, it's just that he doesn't want to make others feel inadequate.)

Gilesey
x3tc

Post by Gilesey » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 14:46

I'll second that. I hate PSGs far too overpowered and indescriminate. I wish you could comm the Paranid and tell them to **** orff.

I seem to remember that some of these XI 'helper' ships are indestructible so you can't even accidentally ram them..

DaveyP
x3tc

Post by DaveyP » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 15:05

I find the same thing with the PBG and FBL in X3TC.

Way too overpowered imho

Chealec
x3tc

Post by Chealec » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 15:25

At least it was only a corvette... I have a couple of XI missions in X3R where they jumped in an Odysseus. That's a LOT of GPSG fire to have to contend with =\
[ external image ]

... old skool

RedLeader

Post by RedLeader » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 16:02

No matter which Paranid madman designed that weapon, hopefully he burned his own ass :evil:

Really, comm option 'we don't need your help, sod off' could be very useful...
Last edited by RedLeader on Sat, 7. Feb 09, 16:08, edited 1 time in total.

Ralon
x3tc

Post by Ralon » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 16:05

RedLeader wrote:No matter which madman designed that weapon, hopefully he burned his own ass :evil:

LOL I second that Idea, there should be an option really where u can com any ship that's attacking enemies with you and say "Thank's for your assistance it's no longer required" Kinda on a similar line to when u say sorry for shooting at them :P
Knowledge is Power and in a universe where knowledge is everything, power is the result!

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 16:25

Ralon wrote:
RedLeader wrote:No matter which madman designed that weapon, hopefully he burned his own ass :evil:

LOL I second that Idea, there should be an option really where u can com any ship that's attacking enemies with you and say "Thank's for your assistance it's no longer required" Kinda on a similar line to when u say sorry for shooting at them :P
Good luck convincing a Paranid captain at the best of times, let alone a member of the military in one of their own sectors.

(Though in "neutral" situations I could see reputation possibly having some influence here.)

I actually think insurance claims might be more plausible. :wink:

Mudkest
x4

Post by Mudkest » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 16:42

Ralon wrote:

*comms Paranid Odyssyus captain*
Thank you for your assistance, but it is no longer required
Paranid captain: What do you mean lesser creature?
Well, these are my xenon, and you are destroying them
Paranid captain: Your xenon?
Yes that's whay I just said, MY xenon
Paranid captain: I see
*notices half the turrets on the odyssyus turning to me*

Oh crap
Avast ye chumsucking scumbuckets. Landlubbers be keelhauled, pillage them poodles and bring missery and mutiny to the mercifull

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 18:29

DaveyP wrote:I find the same thing with the PBG and FBL in X3TC.
FBL? We're talking the same weapon that can't hit anything smaller than an M2, right?

Wraith
x3ap

Post by Wraith » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 19:13

I just wish the "friendly fire" rules worked both ways. If I hit a friendly target a couple of times by accident they get free reign to shoot back, but if someone else hits me accidentally I can't do anything without losing rep. There should at least be a comm option to tell them to stop shooting me.

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 20:45

It is the whole "I am going to blast you Mr K... Yeah! Die! Hang on... Why has everything gone slow... And BLUE!! BLUE!! Arrgh! My eyes! My frame rate! My kill! And my loot!" It really is insult added to injury, and heaps of both...

M

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 20:57

Hmmm... well if you an't beat them join them :)

My favourite weapon in TC must be the Terran PSP... 16 hits from those puppies will silence most capital craft ... 24 will obliterate them (from my experience).

I would second the FF situation, perhaps a comm where the captain of the offending NPC ship comms you and appologises then you barter for compensation... perhaps with him taking a space walk :twisted:
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

davetheterran

Post by davetheterran » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 22:18

with friendly fire if you hit a NPC ship /station you get a race rep drop it would be nice that when they hit you a race rep increase was granted .A sort of appology for nearly killing you ect

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”