[TC] Boron Mission and Stupid Amount of Resources Required

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sorcerer11
x3tc

Boron Mission and Stupid Amount of Resources Required

Post by sorcerer11 » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 20:11

I can believe it, I am in the middle of the Hub mission, and that stupid Boron has asked me to supply him with 450,000 Units of ore and 150,000 unit of Telendianum (It's going to take me months to get that much). How on Earth can he ask for so much resources? :evil:

seperaGG
x3tc

Post by seperaGG » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 20:13

Just wait for 750000 crystal part :D

Frostynso

Post by Frostynso » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 20:16

I have heard that Apricotslice's "fixes" reduce the requirements without giving you the modified tag. Is that true. I have all the complexes in place, but don't have the playing time to wait for them to produce.

sorcerer11
x3tc

Post by sorcerer11 » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 20:17

OMG ur joking that's just mad. I don't even now where to begin with this, I already have 8 ore mines, but I will need a lot more, and because Ore is so big how will I store it. A large TL won't even scratch the surface.

Do you think if I send a constant supply of freighters to it from ore mines, that it would eventually be possible? And how would I stop them from being killed all the time?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

dlryan
x3tc

Hub requirements are stupid STUPID

Post by dlryan » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 20:17

All I can say is, WTF?
How could egosoft makes these requirements so steep?
Seriously to fulfill these requirements in my lifetime I am going to need a god damn planetary supercomputer that can manage a somewhat decent FPS for the bloody supercomplex that would be needed to fulfill these requirements.
Oh and ontop of that all of the seta-overnight that would be needed as well will just burn out the fan on my processor and powersupply.

(Iam not joking, my fan on my powersupply is dying from seta overnight in X2, X3R)

I have made some damn big complexes, but christ, to do this hub mission I..I can't, it would require so many factories and such a large complex that it would take my computer an hour to load the sector. And then probably crash anyways.

I have been around since since X-BTF and bought every one since, right from the bugged to death release dates. (I waited until now to buy X3:TC to avoid such bugs that came when X3:R came out new) And I must say, I was so pleased and impressed with such a wonderful job egosoft has done. Until I saw these hub mission requirements. :evil:

Doing the hub mission, if I could even bloody do it, would SURELY RUIN my game, my personal property menu itself would be so cluttered and messy and probably bog my computer down itself.

Egosoft I beg you, fix this, or even add "quick start, easy normal or Xtreme modes like in X3:R.
Where Xtreme requires this amounts of resources because it is surely nothing short of Xtreme.[/i]
AMD FX 8core 8150 4.5ghz(overclocked)4x8gb ram, ATI Crossfire Radeon 7850HD x2. Sabertooth 990fx mobo

sorcerer11
x3tc

Post by sorcerer11 » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 20:20

Frostynso wrote:I have heard that Apricotslice's "fixes" reduce the requirements without giving you the modified tag. Is that true. I have all the complexes in place, but don't have the playing time to wait for them to produce.
Yeah, I am trying to complete the game without having to use scripts, but with stuff like this it's totally mad. How did the developers think that this would be a good idea.

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 20:20

im so scared about those requirements im not even gona start the HUB yet.

please bring 'em down ego..
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

Ezuku
x2

Post by Ezuku » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 20:21

I suggest the modular complexes mod.

Anyway, yeah, I kinda agree... even if you distribute it all, the sheer amount of stuff you need kinda makes the interface fail (or the FPS fail, depending on how many complexes you end up with)

Also, you need more cooling if your comp's getting too hot from X2...

Frostynso

Post by Frostynso » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 20:23

The universe has plenty of Ore. If you have 1 freighter keep the Hub stocked with E-cells and set your Ore-buying freighters to autojump (with price of Ore set to max), they can fill it up pretty quick.

I am on the ore phase right now and there is plenty.

Teladianium filled up pretty quick with just 6 L fabs.

Just plopped down 32 crystal fabs for the crystal phase, and dropped 12 or so chip fabs for the chip phase. But like I said, I just can't get the play time to let that crystal complex bear fruit. I don't think apricot's fix is a script. I am not sure though. I would like to do this without scripts, but seriously now, I have a real life too.
Last edited by Frostynso on Sat, 7. Feb 09, 20:25, edited 1 time in total.

Ezuku
x2

Post by Ezuku » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 20:24

The quest is kinda designed as an "ultimate you'll probably never reach it, but you have something to work towards" quest. Afterall, it modifies the gate network, and distance borderline immaterial. That said, it would be nice if the quest line didn't have anything after it, so then I wouldn't care if I completed it or not...

dlryan
x3tc

Post by dlryan » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 20:24

Ezuku wrote:I suggest the modular complexes mod.

Anyway, yeah, I kinda agree... even if you distribute it all, the sheer amount of stuff you need kinda makes the interface fail (or the FPS fail, depending on how many complexes you end up with)

Also, you need more cooling if your comp's getting too hot from X2...
:lol:
haha, Nah, my powersupply fan has just logged too many hours, admittedly from X3:R seta :( The result is that it starts like an airplane propeller....takes a little while to get going :lol:

As for tyhe modular complex mod...It looked too complicated for me. Regardless I don't like mod's or modifying my game in anyway. I'll just wait for the signed scripts....Although It's pretty painful without CAG
AMD FX 8core 8150 4.5ghz(overclocked)4x8gb ram, ATI Crossfire Radeon 7850HD x2. Sabertooth 990fx mobo

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 20:26

Threads merged.

They're not that bad really, so long as you look on it as a long-term goal.

It's unfortunate it's a requirement for the PHQ - after the first gate set would be much more reasonable, imo.

Ezuku
x2

Post by Ezuku » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 20:31

Dust on your fan maybe? But the modular complex mod is basicially the only way you can still play in sectors with even a relatively small closed loop. It isn't so complicated though, it does most of it for you, and the visual result is actually quite nice.

I've got 1 facility with an XL SPP and a few micro chip fabs in a closed loop, and my relative beast of a machine (at least it was a year ago) can't run smoothly enough there for me to fight in it...

dlryan
x3tc

Post by dlryan » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 20:34

Carlo the Curious wrote:Threads merged.

They're not that bad really, so long as you look on it as a long-term goal.

It's unfortunate it's a requirement for the PHQ - after the first gate set would be much more reasonable, imo.
Just getting the first set of microchips (I think it was..400 or 500) Took me about2 hours of manually sending a TS around the universe to chip plants, buying all of them, plus using the ones from my complex which currently containts 6 chip plants.
Then I heard about the crystals, and possibly 250 000 microchips after?
For real? That is outright stupidity. No, half that amount is outright stupidity. 250 000 is some game designer making a typo :x

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 20:39

It's 85K microchips - it was 250K in earlier versions.

List.

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 20:40

It's a long term challenge. Why do people get so upset about that? Most of the plot missions can be done in a day or two if you really want to (did the whole Terran one and chunks of the FF one in under a weekend while getting a TL and 50M on the side). I like having something to aim for while I am going other stuff. If you hate the idea so much then use Apricotslice's mission mod or cheat them in. Please, Ego, don't reduce these requirements too far. It'd make the game so much more "must have everything NOW". Maybe decouple the PHQ from the HUB if you can, because I am guessing that is what most people want, but leave the resources as >100,000 for the last few things!

M

GobsmackedIII
x3tc

Post by GobsmackedIII » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 20:54

Quite simply I think that the PHQ should come after the first gate is activated, I am at 83,364 Teladium and are working on building Ore mines now, the microchips are worrying as the Silicon mines I have are used as part of closed loops for equipment.

I really am after the PHQ and I also would like the Hub in its own right, if Ergosoft could decouple that I would be a very happy bunny...

perpiotrredman
x3tc

Re: Hub requirements are stupid STUPID

Post by perpiotrredman » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 20:59

dlryan wrote:All I can say is, WTF?
How could egosoft makes these requirements so steep?
They're not steep - they're long.
/ Per
(Core i7 920 2.67GHz, 6GB 3chan DDR3 1066MHz, HD4870 512MB, Vista Enterprise 64)

ephemeron
x4

Post by ephemeron » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 21:22

I like having the Hub as a long-term project, but would also like to see the requirements to start the PHQ plot changed. The difference between what it takes to get the PHQ in TC and what it took in Reunion is amazingly huge, turning the PHQ from a cool thing that helps you build your nascent empire into something virtually unattainable.

Eventually, I installed apricotslice's Medium Hub Plot. Someday I may go back to my archived save from right before then and make another attempt at joining the ranks of those who fully repaired the Hub as Egosoft intended, but for now, I'm just grateful to apricotslice.

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Sat, 7. Feb 09, 22:02

The ore part is easily completed by assigning 1 Mistral TS to buy ore at minimum price and setting jump range and fuel to max, it never ever stopped, always jumping somewhere.

Why not assign more than one? they don't cooperate, they would almost always try to reach the same place and the other one would RTB empty.

That does have a side effect though, when that part was finished I noticed that every forge I checked was low on ore.

Nividium I mined faster than it took me to transfer the required ammount from TS to Hub 38 at a time. (manual mining with M1 is so much more efficient than automated miners.)

Currently I'm at the Crystall part and complex for them is almost done, it alone will build the required ammount in about 7 game days. (Microchips about 5 days on top of that and silicon around 4 days)

So yes it will take time but gives while complexes are making the required wares I'm free to do other stuff, maybe even build more complexes to shorten the time.

PHQ mission could start it's timer after the ore mission as up to that it's pretty fast (and doable without complexes), the ones after will take days no matter how big complex you build.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”