Location of Shipyard Selling Argon Flail Barrage Factory

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BigVern
x3tc

Location of Shipyard Selling Argon Flail Barrage Factory

Post by BigVern » Sun, 8. Feb 09, 09:38

With a view to expanding my capital fleet, I want to become self sufficient for missiles and FB's and the Tomahawk seem the best option from reading the various FAQ's. As I already have an Argon chip complex in Asteroid Belt producing an over-abundance of EC's I want to add the respective Fabs into this and either ship in the ore or tractor an ore containing asteroid closer to link in the complex.

However...I can't seem to find details of which shipyard sells the Argon Flail factory. I've checked the encyclopaedia but there's nothing listed as regards the selling location of this plant.

Any help much appreciated.
Three Time Beagle Point Veteran

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sun, 8. Feb 09, 09:39

Cloudbase SE should sell it, shouldn't it? It is the Argon 'mega-shipyard'.

M

BigVern
x3tc

Post by BigVern » Sun, 8. Feb 09, 09:51

I'll try there next time in game, many thanks.

Orion1632
x4

Post by Orion1632 » Sun, 8. Feb 09, 11:27

use your ingame encyclopedia, it states where everything that you have found so far can be bought, as long as you have explored or discovered it.

BigVern
x3tc

Post by BigVern » Sun, 8. Feb 09, 13:52

Orion1632 wrote:use your ingame encyclopedia, it states where everything that you have found so far can be bought, as long as you have explored or discovered it.
Please re-read my OP...I *did* use the encyclopaedia but while the factory type is mentioned the location selling isn't. Hence my question.

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Sun, 8. Feb 09, 13:58

BigVern
x3tc

Post by BigVern » Sun, 8. Feb 09, 14:00

You're the man!

BigVern
x3tc

Post by BigVern » Mon, 9. Feb 09, 09:51

Fab now up and running though I have since made the discovery that, in the vanilla game, these missiles can only be deployed on a very limited range of ships (M7M's for the FB's and M8's for the Tomahawks). Guess I need to hunt down a mod to enable all missile loadout on all ships that can carry them.

Szakalot
x3tc

Post by Szakalot » Mon, 9. Feb 09, 10:30

BigVern wrote:Fab now up and running though I have since made the discovery that, in the vanilla game, these missiles can only be deployed on a very limited range of ships (M7M's for the FB's and M8's for the Tomahawks). Guess I need to hunt down a mod to enable all missile loadout on all ships that can carry them.
I wouldnt do that. They are unique because they are the strongest weapons in the game. Hammers, or Tomahawks allow you take down a capital ship from 50km away. Giving them to some casual ships would probably brake your game, you'd be totally unstoppable, with no tactical skills required.
(well, you can be unstoppable in an M7M anyways, but you at least need to have one)

BigVern
x3tc

Post by BigVern » Mon, 9. Feb 09, 12:07

I'll start saving for the Gladiator then!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”