[TC] IBL? Where?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Roderick Gibson
x3

IBL? Where?

Post by Roderick Gibson » Sun, 8. Feb 09, 13:12

I have read that IBLs are a useful weapon, but cannot find any, anywhere! There is even nothing in the encyclopedia!

Just want to try them out

Thanks

ivak
x3tc

Re: IBL? Where?

Post by ivak » Sun, 8. Feb 09, 13:35

Roderick Gibson wrote:I have read that IBLs are a useful weapon, but cannot find any, anywhere! There is even nothing in the encyclopedia!

Just want to try them out

Thanks
There's an IBL forge in Loomanckstrat's Legacy, but chances are it's already destroyed by the combined commonwealth force, roaming that sector in most players' universes. Two more forges are located in Weaver's Tempest, but you have to befriend the Yaki to be able to shop there. Also, i've read about another forge in the Unknown sector east of PTNI HQ, but it's busted in my own universe.

Your best chance to obtain one is to either blow or capture a frigate or capital ship, carrying IBLs on board.
Your ship Your Python was destroyed in sector Split Fire by Spacefly.

Ezuku
x2

Post by Ezuku » Sun, 8. Feb 09, 13:51

The forge in LMS legacy has a large taskforce of boron ships outside it. However, the ships are hostile to the forge, but don't actually move to attack it. What seems happens is the ships see a pirate ship spawn, move towards it and kill it, and this brings them close to the forge.

Thus, the way to avoid the forge being blown up is just not to go there IS, and to just buy from it OOS.

But yeah, it's easier to just kill cap ships with IBLs onboard, which are very common.

ivak
x3tc

Post by ivak » Sun, 8. Feb 09, 14:19

Ezuku wrote:Thus, the way to avoid the forge being blown up is just not to go there IS, and to just buy from it OOS.
Unfortunately this is not the case. The battleships in Loomanckstrat's are a little dormant, but they'll destroy all pirate stations sooner or later.

Karlfrans
x3tc

Post by Karlfrans » Sun, 8. Feb 09, 16:15

ivak wrote: Two more forges are located in Weaver's Tempest, but you have to befriend the Yaki to be able to shop there.
I have these two in my game, but how do I befriend the Yaki?

ivak
x3tc

Post by ivak » Sun, 8. Feb 09, 16:41

Karlfrans wrote:
ivak wrote:Two more forges are located in Weaver's Tempest, but you have to befriend the Yaki to be able to shop there.
I have these two in my game, but how do I befriend the Yaki?
Wait for a pirate base to spawn in their sectors and do missions for them. Also, you might find this post helpful.

Geggo
x3tc

Post by Geggo » Sun, 8. Feb 09, 18:39

ivak wrote:
Ezuku wrote:Thus, the way to avoid the forge being blown up is just not to go there IS, and to just buy from it OOS.
Unfortunately this is not the case. The battleships in Loomanckstrat's are a little dormant, but they'll destroy all pirate stations sooner or later.
Neither case is true in my game.

Game day 6 going now, have visited LL dosens of times even few times when commonwealth M7's have been around and they have done nothing to anything pirate owned there.

I think I now have 36 IBL's from that forge.

Only problem is that I have to manually jump my transports to south gate and tell them to dock with the forge otherwise they come thru the north gate and try to fly thru hostile lasertowers and medium weapons platform.

Orion1632
x4

Post by Orion1632 » Mon, 9. Feb 09, 13:42

in my game the Argon Cerberus left the forge and base alone for ages, then suddenly decided to attack it .... so I intervened and captured the Cerberus.

:)

couldn't let him destroy my IBL source

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”