Job ID of 0?? What's going on?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

argon_emperor
x4

Job ID of 0?? What's going on?

Post by argon_emperor » Tue, 10. Feb 09, 11:35

Um, had a slight problem today. After altering the jobs file to have LOTS of ships, I found I went too far, and the place was beginning to be overpopulated. ESPECIALLY the Terran sectors. (But boy did that get their economy up and running).

So I set the ship numbers back down again (using default Jobs file), only to find they didn't disappear, and were causing some major slowdowns. So I made a quick little script to destroy every last one of them, which worked beautifully, and I depopulated the Terran sectors.

Now, I get about 30 Tokyo's spawning from the shipyard in the Moon, and all of them want to go to the Taurus Station. I think it might have something to do with M1's replacing the Lasertowers (as I think I destroyed them too, but they respawned), but they just go to Earth and sit there, and come back every time I wipe them out of existence.

So I decided to check what Job ID they were running, and they come up with '0'. Just to be on the safe side, I checked other ships to make sure they were coming up with something, which they were. So I thought, okay, I'll just go fix that up. Only, THERE IS NOT JOB ID OF 0???

Does anybody have any idea of what's going on, what I broke, and how to fix it?

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 10. Feb 09, 13:41

Job ID 0 means that no job is running on them - easy, isn't it :D

But that's what you get if you mess with the Jobs file :p

Seriously, write a script that detects all these ships (careful, though, you don't want abandoned, i.e. claimable ships and you don't want mission ships). Then start a job on these (see SE command ''start job'').

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Tue, 10. Feb 09, 14:24

euclid wrote:Job ID 0 means that no job is running on them - easy, isn't it :D

But that's what you get if you mess with the Jobs file :p

Seriously, write a script that detects all these ships (careful, though, you don't want abandoned, i.e. claimable ships and you don't want mission ships). Then start a job on these (see SE command ''start job'').

Cheers Euclid
Hmm... never thought of doing that. Looks like the Terran Military just got an extra 30 odd carriers to play around with. Maybe should send them down to start clearing out the Xenon sectors maybe...

Now THAT would be a nice little slideshow of fireworks. :roll: :twisted:

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Tue, 10. Feb 09, 15:26

Tried that euclid, still have a job ID of 0. But now they don't move. How do you properly use that command? Or at the very least, how would I go about sending them to Xenon Core 023?

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 10. Feb 09, 15:41

Start job will only work if there is a job assigned in the jobs file. Since you have altered the file there may not be any job defined for some ship types.

* Second thought: jobs data are stored in your savegeme, so you need to load a savegame prior to the changes to make them work.

Cheers Euclid

Edit*
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Tue, 10. Feb 09, 16:15

euclid wrote:Start job will only work if there is a job assigned in the jobs file. Since you have altered the file there may not be any job defined for some ship types.

* Second thought: jobs data are stored in your savegeme, so you need to load a savegame prior to the changes to make them work.

Cheers Euclid

Edit*
Hehe, that's so long ago it'd probably just be easier to start a new game. Which I think I might do anyway. Restarting is always fun. Might try one of the insane starts this time then.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”