[TC] Unfocussed jump drive

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

John McG
x4

Unfocussed jump drive

Post by John McG » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 09:36

I have been playing X3TC for weeks now and have not come across the 'unfocussed jump drive' - I saw it mentioned in one of the letters.
Where can I get it, and how do I use it?
Thanks.

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 10:08

It's the final reward of the Goner plot.

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 10:09

Its a plot reward granted by the Goners.

Go to Elysium of light, north of treasure chest next to Omicron Lyrae to find their command ship the Ozias.

Its worth warning you however there is the possibility of coming into hostile situations later in the plot, so dependant on your fight rank and fleet capabilites you may or may not need to prepare some for it.

There are guides around for the Goner, Apricotslice's handbook showing a walkthrough example.

John McG
x4

Unfocussed jump drive

Post by John McG » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 10:34

I did the Goner plot some time ago, and didn't notice getting an unfocussed jump drive. I have changed ships since then, so I suppose I will have to try and find the ship I used previously.
Thanks.

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 10:36

Its not associated with a ship, but the player instead. Must be a PDA like device. :wink:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... +jumpdrive

John McG
x4

unfocussed jump drive

Post by John McG » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 16:31

I went into controls and found my 'unfocussed jump drive' was not assigned to a key.
When I assigned it to shift/U it worked fine.
Thanks for your help.

NeverSnake
x3tc

Re: unfocussed jump drive

Post by NeverSnake » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 19:43

John McG wrote:I went into controls and found my 'unfocussed jump drive' was not assigned to a key.
When I assigned it to shift/U it worked fine.
Thanks for your help.
It should also be accessable through one of the menus (player menu possibly).
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Spikend
x3tc

Post by Spikend » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 21:43

Aaah ok :P Now I see! Lol, been wondering for a while what the "gift" from the goners were.. Didn't notice anything different xD

John McG
x4

Unfocussed jump drive

Post by John McG » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 09:06

Thanks, I found it in the 'Navigation' menu, I had never noticed it there before.
One last question, when you reply to someones message inj the forum, how do you get the message you are replying to in a little white box in your reply?
I have been using the forum for some time and have never been able to do this.
Thanks.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 09:09

Use the 'Quote' box on the top right of the post you're replying to.

Or you can do it manually with [quote]quoted text here[/quote] or [quote="username"]quote text[/quote].

zymurg
x3tc

Post by zymurg » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 00:35

I just completed the Goner plot (got the big "Congratulations" screen and all.) However I see no Unfocused Jump Drive in my Navigation menu. I have a regular Jump Drive but no unfocussed one. I don't get it (literally).
Where is it?

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 00:58

zymurg wrote:I just completed the Goner plot (got the big "Congratulations" screen and all.) However I see no Unfocused Jump Drive in my Navigation menu. I have a regular Jump Drive but no unfocussed one. I don't get it (literally).
Where is it?
You need a jumpdrive (check) and energy cells - rather a lot of them.
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 01:29

zymurg wrote:I just completed the Goner plot (got the big "Congratulations" screen and all.) However I see no Unfocused Jump Drive in my Navigation menu. I have a regular Jump Drive but no unfocussed one. I don't get it (literally).
Where is it?
Go into the gameplay->controls menu and map a key to it - by default it is not bound to anything. You can check you got it by looking at your ship info screen IIRC.

M

zymurg
x3tc

Post by zymurg » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 02:46

Did all that and it still doesn't work.
I set up controls for Unfocused Jump in the Controls menu and it was accepted.
I loaded with energy cells and have my jump drive (double check).
Still no unfocused jump drive in navigation. And yes, I DID successfully finish the Goner missions, and got my 'congratulations' certificate. I tried it so far in 3 different ships. all with jump drives. no work!

disappointing.

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 03:17

zymurg wrote:Did all that and it still doesn't work.
I set up controls for Unfocused Jump in the Controls menu and it was accepted.
I loaded with energy cells and have my jump drive (double check).
Still no unfocused jump drive in navigation. And yes, I DID successfully finish the Goner missions, and got my 'congratulations' certificate. I tried it so far in 3 different ships. all with jump drives. no work!

disappointing.
Check your player profile, have you got an unfocussed jumpdrive entry with the police liscences?
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

sw-880

Post by sw-880 » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 07:42

If failed to appear for me until I patched my game.

Snowship
x3tc

Post by Snowship » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 08:11

I would have prefered a functioning Goner Temple c/w- Jumpdrives and Transporter Devices...
[ external image ]
Vanilla Malt Gamestarts
"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire"

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 08:13

The Unfocused jumpdrive is listed in the navigation menu no matter what ship you are flying but you still need energy cells to opperate it thou.

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 09:32

Tried just hitting the key you mapped to the unfocused JD?

M

zymurg
x3tc

Post by zymurg » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 17:15

That worked. Thanks.
Also thanks all telling me about mapping the drive to keys. I would have never thought of that.
Interesting that the Unfocussed Drive shows up in my Profile, but it still does not show anywhere in the Navigation Menu.

At least it is working now.
Thanks for all the responses.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”