[TC] CIGs doing equipment damage?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

maphys
x3tc

[TC] CIGs doing equipment damage?

Post by maphys » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 22:42

Anyone know if they have changed the CIGs in TC? I got a face full of them today from an Akuma I was killing and they damaged my Docking Computer and Cargobay Life Support without doing hull damage (or even getting my shields down below 10%). These were two separate volleys, I'd run off to get my shields back (flying a Spitfyre) and killed the first one, then lost my DC while killing off the second one... I was much more careful with the next pair that spawned!!

Don't think I have had that before, was wondering if anyone else had noticed this. I was strafing madly but my forward motion was zero at this point so my LOS speed to the fire must have been low. Just annoyed me to have to go buy new kit when I hadn't lost hull (that time - a Centaur and I had had a little argument so I was down to about 80% hull when I got hit).

M

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 22:48

You can lose equipment when you still have shielding when ANY weapon hits you--it's just less likely than if the guns are biting into your hull.

Godani
x3tc

Post by Godani » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 22:49

Actually that JUST happened to me as well, started to lose a lot of equipment fighting Xenon with 45% shield left and no hull damage.

Some had PBE, some HEPT and there was a P there, dunno what it fired.

Kinda disturbing...
"Eventually we must leave Earth--at least a certain number of our progeny must as our sun approaches the end of its solar life cycle. But just as terrestrial explorers have always led the way for settlers, this will also happen extraterrestrially. Earth is our cradle, not our final destiny."
Astronaut Edgar Mitchell, The Way of the Explorer, 1996

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 22:55

pjknibbs wrote:You can lose equipment when you still have shielding when ANY weapon hits you--it's just less likely than if the guns are biting into your hull.
Really? Because that kind of sucks equine spheroids! Does it depend on the weapon's damage levels?

Right, time to switch to flying a ship with a hangar bay so I can keep a spare Disco with all my favourite extensions in, just in case!

M

dubnium
x3tc

Post by dubnium » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 23:47

i believe you run a chance of losing equipment when your shields go below a certain threshold. i think it's 25%, but i'm not sure.

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Sat, 14. Feb 09, 00:24

pjknibbs wrote:You can lose equipment when you still have shielding when ANY weapon hits you--it's just less likely than if the guns are biting into your hull.
Well damn, that sucks.

'hey we've made the game easier to get into, by the way when you get shot you might lose your equipment'

Makes perfect sense :roll:

NewtSoup
x4

Post by NewtSoup » Sat, 14. Feb 09, 05:59

Aye, I've had it happen twice, once in X3R from what I remember and once in TC. I think ONLY when I've taken a (comparatively) huge amount of damage in a very short space of time (like a single hit doing 80% shield damage or similar).

I am a rock in the wind, watch how I plummet!
Gamer Girl since 1981 Mistress of Heavy Landings since 1984 (BBC-B Elite)

Corei7 7700, 16GB Ram, MSI RX6700XT, Sidewinder FFB2, Kubuntu 22.04

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sat, 14. Feb 09, 14:17

The high damage in one go thing pretty much sums up what happened - 80% shield damage in one salvo in one case and 90% from a rather nasty crossfire (Centaur-Spitfyre-Akuma sandwiches with Susanowa topping taste bad).

Just hoping I never lose a shield to that - would make things ... exciting!

M

lapras
x4

Post by lapras » Sat, 14. Feb 09, 20:34

it could be ion-d's if your are close enought, they destroyed my trading comp while i still had 10% shields. so it could be an ion-d in the mix aimed at you.

harblade
x3tc

Post by harblade » Sun, 22. Feb 09, 22:54

Had that happen to me as well, however it never happened above 50%. And if that happens i pray my SETA dosent get destroyed. even with a jumpdrive and docking computer left, it is TORTURE without a SETA.
Good idea, climb a mountain.
Bad idea, climb a mountain lion.

DeadlyDarkness
x3tc

Post by DeadlyDarkness » Sun, 22. Feb 09, 23:11

Don't worry, if you've ever played X2, you'll noticed it happened alot more frequently. Extremely annoying to lose your Triplex scanner or docking computer mid flight. OFC, not as bad as the classic "Jumpdrive... Destroyed". Reload in that case for me ;)

gandy|UKCS|
x3tc

Post by gandy|UKCS| » Sun, 22. Feb 09, 23:21

also remember some weapons bypass the shields and depending on where they hit you could cost you some sort of equipment.

sazanami
x3tc

Post by sazanami » Mon, 23. Feb 09, 00:40

Strange, I never noticed losing equipment before taking hull damage. In fact, the only time I lost anything so far is when my Skiron got blasted point blank with IBLs from a Galleon. I took 25% hull damage and lost my jumpdrive, exactly when I hit Shift J :shock: (the galleon soon became mine, though)

I've had dogfights where I've gone to 10% shields (in M3/M7) and not lost anything yet. Though I suppose once I've read this topic it is going to start happening...

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Mon, 23. Feb 09, 02:12

That kind of equipment loss usually occurs when receiving capital-grade weapons fire (Gamma Kyons/PPC's) while flying a fighter.

I've lost many a jumpdrive trying to close on a KM2 in a Nova Vanguard.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Mon, 23. Feb 09, 20:36

Just hoping I never lose a shield to that - would make things ... exciting!
Guess what happened last night.... I was playing it fast and loose around a P and... "25MJ shield ... destroyed". In the first % of hull damage!

Lesson to all - the RNG listens to everything we post...

M

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Mon, 23. Feb 09, 20:51

Lost my SETA when I had 99% shields in my Ray, it MUST have been a glitch. I crashed into an Osprey, bumped down to 99% and heard: Singualrity Engine TIme Accelerator.... Destroyed.

BUT I'VE GOT 99% SHEILDS! NOT 99% HULL!??!?
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”