[FAKE PATCH] 500km Comm Range Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 13:35

TTD wrote:rapidshare shows 0.0 MB for TC version
can't donload.

Tried AP version as next numbered Cat/Dat ,but does not work with TC.

Would love to add it to TC.

AP version works well in AP :D
Did you actually try downloading it? At 2.6kB it doesn't register in the MB range thy use... :wink:

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 13:54

I click on the download tab but nothing happens :(

Makita
x4

Post by Makita » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 15:39

Not sure you guys realize that if you use Cycrow plugin manager, in the advance tab you can change all the games global easily. Satellite range, scanning, comm range and tons more.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 15:47

Makita wrote:Not sure you guys realize that if you use Cycrow plugin manager, in the advance tab you can change all the games global easily. Satellite range, scanning, comm range and tons more.
Not noticed that,as I use the light version ,which does not have the advanced tab.
But checked the advanced version.
Yes there is quite a list.
Might use it if all else fails.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 4. Apr 12, 21:16

UPDATE...

Was searching for another file on my PC and found some salvaged folders with it in.
Works fine now.

Still could be a problem for others who want to download though.

afterglowefx

Post by afterglowefx » Tue, 23. Oct 12, 02:59

For anybody still looking for this mod, I was able to find it on the Apricot Mapping Service site:

http://apricotmappingservice.com/X3TCdownloads/

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Fri, 16. Nov 12, 08:51

Makita wrote:Not sure you guys realize that if you use Cycrow plugin manager, in the advance tab you can change all the games global easily. Satellite range, scanning, comm range and tons more.

Thank you for that bit of info.

Virsteinn
x4

Post by Virsteinn » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 09:34

I realize that it'd require the code to be reworked to turn the SETA into the SEA/Slipstream Drive, but that'd take away probably the biggest issue with X3 being unable to be played multiplayer. This is probably the start of it.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 21. Sep 13, 14:14

:? :gruebel:

was that meant for this thread ?

scoutster
x3tc

Post by scoutster » Fri, 18. Oct 13, 23:15

Looks like a must-have to me, but could't find at Apricot. Anyone please got a link for the TC version?

jburrowes
x3ap

Post by jburrowes » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 04:19

argon_emperor thanks for this! As others have said, it never made sense that you had to be what? 24 km from an object to comm with it.

Great work!
Thanks for reading,

JB

m4t3y

Post by m4t3y » Fri, 21. Mar 14, 14:05

installled x3tc after quite some time again and tried the x-tended terran conflict 2.0 mod this time which improves the x3tc graphics since x3tc looks kinda dated after trying rebirth

regrettably the fake patch method didn't work (I am pretty it was working in x3tc 3.2 without the xtended mod when I played it last time - had the apricot merge mod installed as the selected mod and the comm range as fake patch)

guess I'll have to try unpacking the xtended mod files with doubleshadow's editor and try to modify the globals.txt directly....hopefully I can get it to work since I really cannot play with the 25km comm range after getting used to using this mod ;o]

will report if I got it working (will try getting into the modding mood again over weekend)

Barleyman
x3

Post by Barleyman » Fri, 21. Mar 14, 14:30

As pointed out above, you can use the plugin manager to change globals.

It tends to reset back to 25km every time you think about X3 mods, though.

m4t3y

Post by m4t3y » Fri, 21. Mar 14, 14:45

Barleyman wrote:As pointed out above, you can use the plugin manager to change globals.

It tends to reset back to 25km every time you think about X3 mods, though.
thx for the tip, that will make it a lot easier

sithneverdiealone

Post by sithneverdiealone » Wed, 25. Nov 15, 21:52

Anyone have the TC version of this? I need to override the global from another mod so I need the fake patch, just the manager wont cut it.
Peace thru Superior Corporate Management... and 47 fully loaded Valhallas.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 26. Nov 15, 10:39

Gamefront download link for X3TC version of this mod
sithneverdiealone wrote:I need to override the global from another mod so I need the fake patch, just the manager wont cut it.
The manager should be able to edit the globals file from that mod. Alternatively, using the X3 Editor 2 you could either delete the mod's globals file from its cat/dat(s) or extract and modify it yourself.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Alexology
x3ap

Post by Alexology » Mon, 11. Jan 16, 19:55

Added to the addon folder and renamed as indicated but no luck, also tried the main X3 folder and no luck there either.

Any suggestions?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 11. Jan 16, 20:11

Did you download the correct file, the one for X3AP? You also need to rename the cat/dat pair before you copy it into your addon folder. Otherwise you will overwrite an existing cat/dat pair.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Alexology
x3ap

Post by Alexology » Mon, 11. Jan 16, 20:47

Hmm it could be that I did not rename it before moving it but it also did not overwrite anything on arrival. I'm in game at the mo but I will try that later on. Thanks, I'll keep you posted.

Trevelvis
xr

Post by Trevelvis » Tue, 9. Feb 16, 09:26

I am not very good with mods etc so I installed this with plugin manager I also extracted to main TC directory and renamed them to next available number but cant seem to find it in game, Any advice would be greatly appriciated

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”