[REQ/IDEA] Ship-Ship Trade. moblie trade station, trade command software MK4-5?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ReeverDrak
x3tc

[REQ/IDEA] Ship-Ship Trade. moblie trade station, trade command software MK4-5?

Post by ReeverDrak » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 05:12

hi all, in game i love to trade and in particular i love mining and station managementand iv got a few ideas that id like to see ingame and i dont know if it would interest anyone and i dont know how to code or sript at all but here it gose>

with heavy transports like the mamoth alow for a a contingent of ships to be assinded to it, now the mian perpos of this is fighter suppost however i found tha if you get a load of mining freighters with teleporters and mining lasers and you get the to auto whatever you need them to do that they'll go and off load there spoils on to the big ts, now this is good and interesting and do you know why?? have you ever seen Reddwarf on TV? or played Homeworld cataclisum? or homeworld at all for that matter and in particular seen the resorce gathering system there??

Well what im trying to say is that it would be good to have an upgade/software addon that gave the heavy TS, station like consumables manegement to alow you to price the stock in the cargo hold, assine frighters to ship the cargo out and to sell it at a spesific price and to alow AI traders to come and directly buy goods from the ship.... like turn the ship into a mobile trading hub and goods warehouse.... the plus to this is that you can give more time to your dedicvated miners to do there job and not leave the sector and also to manege the selling price of the goos you'v collected better than you can already...
plus the scope wit such and addon wouldn't stop at just one type of ship but all of them if uyou wanted... and as long as say you had a teleporter aswell to do ship to ship trade =) like you could be flying around sector to sector as a tade centur finding buying and selling the best prices for everything ect....

i have ni idea if such an idae has already been implamented but if not is there anyone who would take this up and help make it a reality, and like i said i cant code or sript and as you may be able to tell im dislexic aswell...
Last edited by ReeverDrak on Sun, 15. Feb 09, 21:28, edited 4 times in total.
life is a bag of sock, most of them are clean but only one will take to stink out the hole bag!! lol

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 05:52

So you want NPC ships to buy stuff from your TL's via transporter device?

Sounds like a good idea, and sounds like something that is possible.

The Bulk Transporter script allows Big Ship-Station trading via transporter device. Maybe that can be modified for ship-ship trading, and made usable by NPC's.

You should rename the thread "[REQ/IDEA] Ship-Ship Trade" to get more views from people interested.
Corsair 400c // Intel i7 8700k // H100i v2 // ASUS Maximus X Code // ASUS 1080ti Strix OC // 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz // Samsung 960 Evo 250GB // 960GB SanDisk Ultra II // Corsair RM850i

ReeverDrak
x3tc

its more than that tho

Post by ReeverDrak » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 06:10

its more than that tho as it would also let you manege the prices of the wares you want to buy or sell much like in the station cargo manegement in the player owned HQ, and it is this im paricurly into as it would bring my dream of a large modile mining operation to reality...

i would also like to add that it would be an automation and would have its own money like any station or factory.... in fact that part of it is exactly like what it would be like, a mobile tarding station on a ship lol

to make it far i would also price this software quite hight as it in in essence making a the ship into a station via its software..

i would also say that it would alow the NPC trader to come and buy or sell there weres not just buy..

but it would also make ship to ship posable aswell =) for not just the lager ship but for any ship with the software installed.... as long as there is a teleporter.
Last edited by ReeverDrak on Sun, 15. Feb 09, 06:33, edited 4 times in total.
life is a bag of sock, most of them are clean but only one will take to stink out the hole bag!! lol

Gazz
x4

Re: i have a tade and ship software idea that need help with, can anyone help?? :?

Post by Gazz » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 06:15

ReeverDrak wrote:is there anyone who would take this up and help make it a reality, and like i said i cant code or sript and as you may be able to tell im dislexic aswell...
You will love to hear then, that the script editor can be used 99.9 % through point and click.
The few variable names that you have to type don't need to be spelled correctly to work and once entered, they can be selected with the mouse.

Not being able to write an X3 script is a pretty good start considering that all of us started like this.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

ReeverDrak
x3tc

Post by ReeverDrak » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 06:26

well yes but it would be quite intimidating for me i suppose so i need a had as and were i can as well as there is quite alot to my idea i think so it would be a big undertakin wouldnt it???

i would also like to know what people think of this idea and weater theyed like to have it aswell??

i would also like to know if this could be implamented in both x3r and x3tc...

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 06:54

I've also wrote a ton of ware library scripts :)

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=235314

You could easily retask these scripts just to use a different variable to save the info, allowing you to save a price for each ware.

ReeverDrak
x3tc

Post by ReeverDrak » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 18:34

but will that give me the same UI as used in ether a trade station or HQwith the same functionality? coz in essence i want to give the ship all the same functions as a trade station.

and what about the Script fro the NPC's to get them to recognice the ship as a port of call to buy and sell?

if this name aint been used but would calling this software "trade Command Software Mk4" work?? and maby incorperate as mentioned befor by amurph0 - The Bulk Transporter script that allows Big Ship-Station trading. as it could be useful aswell

ReeverDrak
x3tc

Post by ReeverDrak » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 09:55

and ok if i was to do this myself what would i need to get all the functionality and UI i want??

what programs to script with...
what sript i need...
how the hell to understand it all...
ect...

i would also like to note that if im given the proper recognition for this if i do make it myself that i would like to ehther give it to the dev's to be put in a releace patch if everyone likes it or if the XTC team are interested id be more than happy to give it to them to add to there stuff.. =)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”