[TC] capture a earth lifter

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ravenous6
x3tc

capture a earth lifter

Post by Ravenous6 » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 14:07

I try to capture a earth lifter but it is just impossible.i drop my marines infront of the ship and they just hit the schip MAN!!!!And yes i am using the pirat option i caputerd many other ships but it always verry tough.
Its just not working and i don`t want to use the script.
This must be a simple ship no lazers no rockets no marines and it is just not working 3 f... hours. :evil:
Major bug with those marines man

Mouseco
x3tc

Post by Mouseco » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 14:29

Obvious things

1] Make sure shields are down (below 8% to be safe),

2] Make sure they are at the target.

3] Make sure you have LOTS of marines

I've just captured a Atmo lifter, but I swear the Terrans have GREAT ship crews cause i lost ALOT of good marines taking the ship :D

seperaGG
x3tc

Post by seperaGG » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 14:42

And what do you expect? You want TL crew to bail out the ship just because your marine knocked the air lock? Sheesh...

Ravenous6
x3tc

Post by Ravenous6 » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 14:56

seperaGG wrote:And what do you expect? You want TL crew to bail out the ship just because your marine knocked the air lock? Sheesh...
?
:roll: Thats nonsens ofcourse marines burn there way inside they always do!
I gues they use magnetic clamps to stick to the hull
Like i said i captured many ships but this one does not work for me.
Last time the lifter was almost at a copleet stop and the marines where just floating by doing a little sightsee i think

ivak
x3tc

Post by ivak » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 15:30

Ravenous6 wrote:...the marines where just floating by doing a little sightsee i think
This is a known bug. Happens all the time to me when i am trying to board ships from friendly races. Some say it helps to set the race, who owns the ship, to "foe" from the command console of your own vessel.
Your ship Your Python was destroyed in sector Split Fire by Spacefly.

dillpickle
x3tc

Post by dillpickle » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 15:58

I have just 'acquired' one of these beasties. - I used a couple of boarding pods though, and probably an overly large amount of luck!!

Got it with 100% hull, and one marine lost.

This was my first non-plot boarding attempt, so am feeling rather chuffed!!
Dare I push that luck?? There's a Brigantine all on it's own in Veil of Delusion.....

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 22:06

Go for it! you can always reload a save if you fail ^_^

Orion1632
x4

Post by Orion1632 » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 06:30

where can I find said lifter?

:)

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 07:37

Orion1632 wrote:where can I find said lifter?

In any Terran sector with an Orbital Logistics Dock. Might have to scout around a bit, fly toward the planet, eventually you see them.

paulms1980
x3tc

Post by paulms1980 » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 08:09

you have 2 make sure your friend/foe setting are set 2 foe 4 the duration of the capture attempt

1muvwndr
xr

Post by 1muvwndr » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 13:22

AFAIK Lifters can't be boarded without pods. It's hull can't be breached even with maxed out mechanics. And even with five 3-4* fighters you're usually gonna lose one or two of them during the boarding.

PheoniXES
x4

Post by PheoniXES » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 14:14

1muvwndr wrote:AFAIK Lifters can't be boarded without pods. It's hull can't be breached even with maxed out mechanics. And even with five 3-4* fighters you're usually gonna lose one or two of them during the boarding.
NOT true.I have boarded 5 Lifters without problems,using only my Hyperion with 5 marines.The trick is to follow the Lifter until it stops and launches the drones.When that happens you have a 1-2 minutes to drop the shields and launch the marines.
It worked every time for me.

Ravenous6
x3tc

Post by Ravenous6 » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 17:58

tried it with pots but they couldn`t get trough.
Damn tough ships and i thought they where easy :lol:

So how long must you follow them when it launches its drones

1muvwndr
xr

Post by 1muvwndr » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 18:08

PheoniXES wrote: NOT true.I have boarded 5 Lifters without problems,using only my Hyperion with 5 marines.The trick is to follow the Lifter until it stops and launches the drones.When that happens you have a 1-2 minutes to drop the shields and launch the marines.
It worked every time for me.
So the trick to board a Lifter without pods is to wait until it stops and launches drones? :? :? :? :lol:
Anyway, I have 4 Lifters and I tried on each of them the M6 approach but it didn't work. I had to call in the M7M every time.

Flector
x4

Post by Flector » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 20:20

1muvwndr wrote:So the trick to board a Lifter without pods is to wait until it stops and launches drones? :? :? :? :lol:
The main point here is that the ship has to be stationary.
I can confirm that lifters sometimes come to a dead stop.

On a note: I tried reducing the hull of the lifter to enable the marines to catch up to it, but this is not possible (the speed of a heavily damaged lifter seems to be sowewhere around 31 m/s and your marines have a max speed which is a couple of m/s below that.
X2: Advanced Magnate, Ace of Aces 1st grade ~ X3R: Master Economist, Crusader
X3TC: Magnate, X-TREME ~ X4F: Salesman, Harmless

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 22:12

Flector wrote:The main point here is that the ship has to be stationary.
I can confirm that lifters sometimes come to a dead stop.
The one I boarded had a dead in space freight drone and remained stationary for an hour until the freight drone timed out so I had plenty of time to attempt to board it. I actually run out of time and had to load a save from when I'd first discovered it and call in my cobra as none of my efforts with a springblossom and 4-5 star marines could get through the hull.

I don't know whether it's possible to recreate a paralysed freight drone manually.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Razman23

Post by Razman23 » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 23:39

argon_emperor wrote:

In any Terran sector with an Orbital Logistics Dock. Might have to scout around a bit, fly toward the planet, eventually you see them.
Yea, look for a ugly ship that looks like a crab. LOL
Raz

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 23:51

Razman23 wrote:
argon_emperor wrote:

Yea, look for a ugly ship that looks like a crab. LOL
A ship that looked like a crab would be cool, the atmopheric lifter looks like a half-finished reinforced concrete slab.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Orion1632
x4

Post by Orion1632 » Tue, 17. Feb 09, 02:54

so if you found the lifter's freight drone , and shot it until it moved really slow, then would you have more time to capture the lifter?

you guys have given me some :twisted: ideas, I think I'll go lifter hunting tonight.

ubica

Post by ubica » Tue, 17. Feb 09, 10:53

After the Lifter idles for a couple of mniutes it hen starts flying waaay out of sector, and you can capture it with boarding pods with minimum hussle. It won't piss of any sector patrols and cause no rep loss. The only problem is that it flies with max speed witch is 115m/s and that is faster than my Cobra so you should set up an ambush along its way. My only problem was that I have captured it after I have already built pretty much all I have inteneded to build so I don't have much use for it now. Makes great storage ship though (80000 cargo).

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”