Space Flys X3:TC

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

gandy|UKCS|
x3tc

Space Flys X3:TC

Post by gandy|UKCS| » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 14:46

Well i thought they was never put in the game and today i was running seta waiting for some time to pass and i got hit by one.. so i switch to external view and there was a few of them buzzing round my ship.. some was red and some was green :)

its nice to know they have a dodgy auto pilot as well :)

have you seen the space fly yet and how many colours do they come in ??

Godani
x3tc

Post by Godani » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 15:04

Nope, never seen them yet.
"Eventually we must leave Earth--at least a certain number of our progeny must as our sun approaches the end of its solar life cycle. But just as terrestrial explorers have always led the way for settlers, this will also happen extraterrestrially. Earth is our cradle, not our final destiny."
Astronaut Edgar Mitchell, The Way of the Explorer, 1996

ediko

Post by ediko » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 16:35

Never seen any in x3r or x3tc. Pretty weird i thought they are a myth that old space pilots talk about :lol:

gandy|UKCS|
x3tc

Post by gandy|UKCS| » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 16:39

i thought they was a myth as well but i have seen them.. also got a screen shot of one ( the green one ) but i could not get one of the red space fly..

Chealec
x3tc

Post by Chealec » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 16:53

In Reunion you could get a "bonus" when doing "tour of a lifetime" missions if you happened to fly past a swarm of spaceflies - you get a little message that pops up saying something to the effect of "Wow, everyone dreams of seeing spaceflies, my clients are very happy... yadda yadda yadda".

I had this a few times :)
[ external image ]

... old skool

ephemeron
x4

Post by ephemeron » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 16:58

I've only seen them once in TC, also after sitting quietly for a while on SETA. I didn't get a very good look at them, but seeing them swarming around my ship made me smile.

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 18:23

There seems to be plenty around they're just not very easy to spot since they don't show up on the scanner and they're too small to see visually unless you're right on top of them. Most of the time i've found them has been by accidently by leaving my cursor on auto target and it happens to lock onto a spacefly.

I've heard they're more common around asteroids but i've no idea with there's any truth to that.
mrbadger wrote:Anyway, it's Star Wars, this is important....

Wolf-R1

Post by Wolf-R1 » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 18:39

I've only seen them in a yellow/green...never paid much attention to them.

Hamakua
x4

Post by Hamakua » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 08:04

I saw some while zipping through a particularly large sector, I want to say in the IV quadrant of the galaxy/universe. One of them went splat against my hull, and I really mean splat, it had the sound effect and all.

silenced
x4

Post by silenced » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 08:31

had them often in thyn's in x3:r ... and very often anywhere in x3:tc ... but now those buggers dmg your shields ... can! be annoying
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

Stars_InTheirEyes
x4

Post by Stars_InTheirEyes » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 12:27

I had them fly around my heavy hydra when i was waiting for a Cobra to pop up in Patriachs Keep.
Sometimes I stream stuff: https://www.twitch.tv/sorata77 (currently World of Tanks)
This sı not ǝpısdn down.
MyAnimeList,
Steam: Sorata

All-a-Mort
x3tc

Post by All-a-Mort » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 13:32

Saw some yellowy ones in Scale Plate Green first time I went there. Not seen any since though. Reckon the spacefly hunters are doing better than the protectors in my game.

KillingMonkey
x3tc

Post by KillingMonkey » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 14:24

Hmmmm.... Think I've made a topic pretty much like this before some time... But still- I regularly see Spaceflys... Every time I run SETA and I'm stationary or when I fly near asteroids...
To each, his own.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”