Solar Power Plant Sunlight Yeild Affect. %, Does it Matter in TC?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hamakua
x4

Solar Power Plant Sunlight Yeild Affect. %, Does it Matter in TC?

Post by Hamakua » Tue, 17. Feb 09, 07:25

I tried an "extra search" on the forums and scoured the recent history of posts. I read through the game manual once more just to be sure but can someone confirm that sunlight % in TC is functional?

If I remember correctly it was a moot point in X3:R, no matter what the sector description said it wouldn't matter.

How now brown cow?

I noticed on the online complex calculator it asks you for the info.

Does local sector sunlight intensity % have an affect on SPP production?
If not what value for yield should I be using in the online calc?

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Tue, 17. Feb 09, 07:28

All it affects is the production time. Higher sunlight, shorter production time, more e-cells per hour, more crystals used per hour.

Most are either 100% or 150% (150% being more predominant), with Akeela's Beacon at 400%, and Aldrin at 300%.

Mouseco
x3tc

Post by Mouseco » Tue, 17. Feb 09, 11:05

With no roids in it, Ak's beacon is just annoying ... but it does seem ot mean NPC stocks are always high... I use them alot to fuel my complexes :)

Since building loops draws resources, and whilst I do have 5 * 64 yield silicon mines ... and a self supporting loop complex readdy to attach them to... I'd rather be getting pure Silicon for now .. since the hubs a royal ###### ¬_¬ for it :)

sunnyluck

Post by sunnyluck » Wed, 18. Feb 09, 02:54

argon_emperor wrote:All it affects is the production time. Higher sunlight, shorter production time, more e-cells per hour, more crystals used per hour.

Most are either 100% or 150% (150% being more predominant), with Akeela's Beacon at 400%, and Aldrin at 300%.

Does 400% and 300% at the same production time cycle? The online caculator seems so. Thanks!

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Wed, 18. Feb 09, 04:40

400% should have a shorter cycle time than 300%. But the relation is not linear and hence the advantage is rather small.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”