[info]7 april - X3: Terran Conflict 2.0 - The Aldrin Missions confirmed release date

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

damador
x4

[info]7 april - X3: Terran Conflict 2.0 - The Aldrin Missions confirmed release date

Post by damador » Wed, 18. Feb 09, 11:26

Last edited by damador on Wed, 18. Feb 09, 17:06, edited 2 times in total.

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Wed, 18. Feb 09, 11:40

Nice find!

And that is the US release date so who knows if it might be sooner as an update? (Expect it to be roundabouts anyhow).

Stormsong
x3tc

Post by Stormsong » Wed, 18. Feb 09, 12:04

Thanks for posting, but this is better off in the main forum. Moving...
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."

PyroLlama

Post by PyroLlama » Wed, 18. Feb 09, 12:10

Looks good, do you have to pay for it or is it free?
"Sell a man a fish and he can eat for a day, teach a man to fish and you lose profits"

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Wed, 18. Feb 09, 12:13

It's free.

Version 2.0 is a regular update to the software currently being beta tested: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=233058

Stormsong
x3tc

Post by Stormsong » Wed, 18. Feb 09, 12:15

It's a retail re-release (or the first in the case of the US), which has already updated to v2.0. So it's primarily for people who don't have the game yet, which was what was also done with X³: Reunion. The actual 2.0 patch for people that already have the game is separate and will of course be free.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science."

PyroLlama

Post by PyroLlama » Wed, 18. Feb 09, 12:16

Good, good. At least the release date wasn't April 1st... Hmmm, one guess to what the April Fools joke would be, if there is one :)
"Sell a man a fish and he can eat for a day, teach a man to fish and you lose profits"

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Wed, 18. Feb 09, 14:13

hurray!!

- I'll definitely be buying this one..
- wonder if it will have the manual as well..??

- I got a mini-poster with my original - very smart.. :D
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

amtie
x3tc

Post by amtie » Wed, 18. Feb 09, 19:50

Why buy again when you already have the game...

PyroLlama

Post by PyroLlama » Wed, 18. Feb 09, 19:50

Could want the new box? Add to the collection? Put it in a shrine? Worship it?

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Wed, 18. Feb 09, 19:53

I would have thought the 2.0 patch will be available a couple of weeks before the 2.0 version of the game hit's the shelves. After all the patch doesn't need shipping to the suppliers, mass producing, and packing before being shipped around the world. It just needs to be uploaded to some servers.
mrbadger wrote:Anyway, it's Star Wars, this is important....

Chealec
x3tc

Post by Chealec » Wed, 18. Feb 09, 20:28

PyroLlama wrote:Could want the new box? Add to the collection? Put it in a shrine? Worship it?
non-steam version perhaps?
[ external image ]

... old skool

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Wed, 18. Feb 09, 20:29

Nyax wrote:I would have thought the 2.0 patch will be available a couple of weeks before the 2.0 version of the game hit's the shelves. After all the patch doesn't need shipping to the suppliers, mass producing, and packing before being shipped around the world. It just needs to be uploaded to some servers.
And said servers may need extra capacity bought to handle the load, and the patch needs to be sent to the publisher to check the copy protection, as well as to valve so they it can be readied for steam distribution.

The patch will be finished a couple of weeks before this 2.0 boxed version because you can't start manufacturing the disks for 2.0 until it's actually finished. On the other hand, there's no guarantee they'll release it early, the publisher may want to delay it until the boxed version comes out.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 18. Feb 09, 21:38

Off-topic stuff moved to the off-topic forum.

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Wed, 18. Feb 09, 22:10

NeverSnake wrote:
Nyax wrote:I would have thought the 2.0 patch will be available a couple of weeks before the 2.0 version of the game hit's the shelves. After all the patch doesn't need shipping to the suppliers, mass producing, and packing before being shipped around the world. It just needs to be uploaded to some servers.
And said servers may need extra capacity bought to handle the load,
Unlikely since there have already been several quite large patches released for TC and the other X games before it. It's not like releasing a patch is something egosoft have never done before. ;)
NeverSnake wrote: and the patch needs to be sent to the publisher to check the copy protection, as well as to valve so they it can be readied for steam distribution.
True but that means nothing, just look at the last patch. People were able to download the patch some time before it became available on Steam.

Let's not forget what we basically have here is a new patch and effectively a software re-release. There's no reasonable reason for delaying the release of the patch to co-incide with the rerelease of the software. Doing has no benefit for Egosoft and the publishers, but does agrivate their user base. Not a sensible descision. PLUS releasing the patch early means that if any little niggles HAVE slipped through the net then Egosoft have the chance to fix them before the rerelease goes on sale.
mrbadger wrote:Anyway, it's Star Wars, this is important....

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Wed, 18. Feb 09, 23:07

amtie wrote:Why buy again when you already have the game...
- gotta support the team, dude! :roll: :thumb_up:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 18. Feb 09, 23:11

Because in 10 years, when that old DVD has finally given up the ghost from being massively overworked, you'll be glad you have a pristine new one to reinstall from. :mrgreen:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Wed, 18. Feb 09, 23:16

For the box,for all the updates put in one place,for Egosoft and for the registration code(First I bought was a second hand game from ebay.In my country this game is not for sale anywhere.)

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Wed, 18. Feb 09, 23:19

Nyax wrote:Let's not forget what we basically have here is a new patch and effectively a software re-release. There's no reasonable reason for delaying the release of the patch to co-incide with the rerelease of the software. Doing has no benefit for Egosoft and the publishers, but does agrivate their user base. Not a sensible descision.
A sensible decision made by the same US publisher who decided to wait until 2.0 to officially release a game that was going to go on sale in their country on steam a full six months beforehand?

When it comes to publishers I'm afraid I tend to expect the worst, if it does come out earlier then I'll get a pleasant surprise.
Last edited by NeverSnake on Thu, 19. Feb 09, 00:36, edited 1 time in total.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 18. Feb 09, 23:35

Nyax wrote:.....Let's not forget what we basically have here is a new patch and effectively a software re-release. There's no reasonable reason for delaying the release of the patch to co-incide with the rerelease of the software. Doing has no benefit for Egosoft and the publishers, but does agrivate their user base. Not a sensible descision.
Were you not here for the release of patch 1.4? Or do you simply not recall the huge uproar by all the Steam users whose patch was delayed about a week from when all us non-Steam users got theirs? It's probably better over all if the patch release is timed so that all users could potentially get it at the same time, whether as a download here, a Steam patch, or in a new copy of the game.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”