Help needed - Falcon BIREs not working...

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Bengal6

Help needed - Falcon BIREs not working...

Post by Bengal6 » Mon, 23. Feb 09, 21:06

Apologies for the noob question but I've stumbled onto X3 late in life.

I'm playing X3 reunion and have acquired a pirate falcon - decided to fix her up and see what she was like to play with. Got her all fitted out with the usual shields and extentions etc. But, for the life of me I can't get the lasers to work!!

Fitted a number of Beta Impulse Ray Emitters, and have sorted the grouping etc (i.e. all in group 1) but pressing the fire button results in silence, nada, zilch, nothing!

Could my elders and betters begin making suggestions as to what yours truly has forgotten to do?

I also can't see the front of the ship (graphics glitch) in F1 cockpit veiw and I could have sworn I could when I first capped her?

any advice would be gratefully received. :?

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Mon, 23. Feb 09, 21:07

Patched to the latest version? V2.0 GOTY had some issues with the Falcons IIRC.

M

Bengal6

Post by Bengal6 » Mon, 23. Feb 09, 21:19

Version 2.0.02 - so presumably I'm patched up correctly?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 23. Feb 09, 21:22

No. Apply the 1.0 to 2.5 patch and you should be ok. Version 2.0.02, if straight from the disk, has problems that are only resolved by using the patch I mentioned. Applying the 2.0 to 2.5 patch will not fix those issues.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Bengal6

Post by Bengal6 » Mon, 23. Feb 09, 21:43

right I'll try that many thanks chaps!

Bengal6

Post by Bengal6 » Mon, 23. Feb 09, 22:10

OK applied the 1.0 - 2.5 patch - and still no joy ... it has however changed the graphical glitch and I now get what looks like the struts the directional jets are mounted on but nothing else is visible.

lasers still not firing - should I try a different save position do you think? or maybe start a new career?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 23. Feb 09, 22:28

This is beginning to sound more like a Tech Support issue, so I'll send this thread over to the Reunion Tech Support Forum. First thing you should do is read and follow the instructions in the top sticky on that forum. Hopefully, someone can then help you resolve these problems.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 23. Feb 09, 23:11

Now that you've applied the patch, just change ships and then return to your problem ship, or fly to a different sector. Either method should solve the problem.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”