[TC] Lost your Vidar and get 6 X IBL or Save Vidar and get 4 X Gj + FAA?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ryeeson
x4

Lost your Vidar and get 6 X IBL or Save Vidar and get 4 X Gj + FAA?

Post by ryeeson » Tue, 24. Feb 09, 03:28

Last Night i was trying to capture the Split Tiger,

I was in my Vidar and heading toward my standby Cobra 20 km away. My Cobra only have 10 Fali (as in the counter ) and 2 Hammer.

I realized there was no way to take down the shield with my missile capacity.

I used my vidar to take down the Shield while running to my Cobra and repeat. I jump into my cobra and order the Vidar to run away.

Well, at the end, i lost my vidar but i successfully Boarded the Tiger. When i check on the fright, it surprise me..

It have 6 X IBL , 4 X FAA, and 5 X HEPT but no shield...

lol 6 X IBL?? hahaha :D :D :D

But sooner i realized that my vidar did no make it. Since i never seen any vidar in my 6 game days.. i decided to reload. After i sent the vidar to the safe place, i save and try again to cap the Tiger.

I experimented in with different position and from the target menu, you can see that the tiger actually changing its weapon loadout.

and i never again get any goodies of IBL from it again... i only managed to get

4 X 1GJ
3 X FAA
+(other small weapon)

Is it worth to lose the Vidar for 6 X IBL? we all know that how hard to find the IBL.

lol.

It would be good if someone can share their experience in getting the cargo bay.

*i Notice something important.

If i boarded a ship with 10 marines, the ship tend to be left something behind such as shield or weapon in it's cargo bay.

well, in the case above i used 10 Marines.

I boarded the Akuma and its still have full shield after i took over. yes, with 10 Marines as well.

anyone can confirm this? never tried 15-20 Marines though... Probably it will give us full cargo bay? haha

It was fun to sent more than 1 team.
The "updater" will say something different. For example,
"Team 1, hold the position, team 2 forward"

It nice to know that they actually working together :)

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Tue, 24. Feb 09, 06:04

Save the Vidar, at least until you get a PHQ and reverse engineer it.

1muvwndr
xr

Post by 1muvwndr » Tue, 24. Feb 09, 06:17

Use the Vidar to board the Tiger. 8)
You can usually find another Vidar cruising in Aldrin if it ain't got destroyed during the #deca thingy (which is highly unprobable).

pjknibbs
x4

Re: Lost your Vidar and get 6 X IBL or Save Vidar and get 4 X Gj + FAA?

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 24. Feb 09, 08:29

ryeeson wrote: Is it worth to lose the Vidar for 6 X IBL? we all know that how hard to find the IBL.
It isn't hard to FIND IBLs--there's always a factory for them in Weaver's Tempest, and also in Loomanckstrat's Legacy if the local race forces haven't wiped it out. Buying them is the tricky part. :-)

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Tue, 24. Feb 09, 08:40

pjknibbs wrote:
ryeeson wrote: Is it worth to lose the Vidar for 6 X IBL? we all know that how hard to find the IBL.
It isn't hard to FIND IBLs--there's always a factory for them in Weaver's Tempest, and also in Loomanckstrat's Legacy if the local race forces haven't wiped it out. Buying them is the tricky part. :-)
Buy? If you're able to get in close to capital ships (especially Pirates, Yaki, and Xenon), then they *should* switch out their equipped IBL's for close range guns, thus giving the chance of dropping them. I've had anywhere up to 8 or so drop from one ship. The trick is to convince them to use different weapons, as we all know that anything the ship has 'equipped' will never drop. So you need a ship which can pack a heavy punch in a short time so you can get close, kill them, grab your loot and run like hell. Without dying.

ryeeson
x4

Post by ryeeson » Tue, 24. Feb 09, 08:42

1muvwndr wrote:Use the Vidar to board the Tiger. 8)
You can usually find another Vidar cruising in Aldrin if it ain't got destroyed during the #deca thingy (which is highly unprobable).
Really? i'll take a ride to those lonely sector .. but Aldrin is a very big sector... and the vidar moving at consider fast speed..
StormMagi wrote:Save the Vidar, at least until you get a PHQ and reverse engineer it.
Yup, but i just finished the Final Furry mission.. the Boron get to my nerve since the second last mission of FFM. "Help... i need urgent Help.."
:)

pjknibbs wrote:
Wow.. i did not know they were selling it... lol.. :) Yup, their are my enemy.. could used some hack rep help :lol:

.. I am still in 6 game day. Hope the local force haven't notice them yet...

Thanks for the input.

ryeeson
x4

Post by ryeeson » Tue, 24. Feb 09, 08:50

argon_emperor wrote:
pjknibbs wrote:
Buy? If you're able to get in close to capital ships (especially Pirates, Yaki, and Xenon), then they *should* switch out their equipped IBL's for close range guns, thus giving the chance of dropping them. I've had anywhere up to 8 or so drop from one ship. The trick is to convince them to use different weapons, as we all know that anything the ship has 'equipped' will never drop. So you need a ship which can pack a heavy punch in a short time so you can get close, kill them, grab your loot and run like hell. Without dying.
Yup, i will surely try... Last night i was experimented on it and yeah.. they switch to close range weapon.. too bad.. i was in my cobra with 5% Shield.. haha

I might try it tonight and have my Akuma to Shield me while try to destroyed or Boarding it.

I Seriously not prefer to buy.. especially those M1/M2/M7/TL ship.. i have not setup any weapon complex. Shield no problem :)

But i need the M2/M7 fire power to took down the Osaka or the ATF ship.

Boarding the TL is a routine training for my 0* and 1* fighting marine while 2* and 3 * for M1..

4* and 5* will undergo intensive training to max their skill in all disciple even though, you only need 2 marine for Hull Cutting and 2 marine for Hacking :P

quarkian37
x3tc

Post by quarkian37 » Tue, 24. Feb 09, 10:14

The comments about IBL's being as rare as hens teeth is a myth - most capital ships are heaving with the things.

Build some factories for flails and hammers (so you don't run out) and board some M1's / M2's.

I have about 200 IBL's in my HQ, on top of well over 100 loaded on my ships (you will often find that IBL's can be loaded in the rear turrets - very rare for an anti-capital ship weapon - perfect for destroying a chasing ship)

On the other hand you could always capture another Vidar.

MikeDevaney
x3

Post by MikeDevaney » Tue, 24. Feb 09, 13:31

In a previous game I used to hang around Duke's HQ waiting for his cap shops to spawn and blowing them away with my Boron Ray. I picked up a ton of equipment including many Incendiary Bomb Launchers.

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Tue, 24. Feb 09, 15:36

1muvwndr wrote:You can usually find another Vidar cruising in Aldrin if it ain't got destroyed during the #deca thingy (which is highly unprobable).
That one may be a plot ship and unboardable.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

1muvwndr
xr

Post by 1muvwndr » Tue, 24. Feb 09, 15:47

NeverSnake wrote:That one may be a plot ship and unboardable.
It's not, I've boarded it. The ATF Skirnir (or it was an Aegir?) that's acting as the patrol leader there is indeed unboardable but not the Vidar.

fullmetal66
x3tc

Post by fullmetal66 » Tue, 24. Feb 09, 15:49

I suggest you start boarding Boreas in the Sector "Aladna Hill". You usually get a few IBL's on them. I've got about 250 now doing this.

ryeeson
x4

Post by ryeeson » Wed, 25. Feb 09, 02:48

fullmetal66 wrote:
I suggest you start boarding Boreas in the Sector "Aladna Hill". You usually get a few IBL's on them. I've got about 250 now doing this.
Thanks for the input.

well, at the end, i reload back, i save the vidar and luckily, the Tiger still have 6 X IBL at the end. wow.. save my headache.
Well i still need few of them to turn my tiger into CAP Ship Killer.

Ty everyone

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”