[MOD WIP] Electronic Warefare

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Darkfire1
x4

[MOD WIP] Electronic Warefare

Post by Darkfire1 » Fri, 27. Feb 09, 04:22

As an avid eve-online player i know a thing or two about electronic warfare here is a few highlights of what i know so please lemme know if this can be put into the game!

:arrow: Jamming-

Usually Each Race has its own sensor types ie.

-Gravametric
-Ladar
-Radar
-Magnemetric

And there was race specific jammers. which in eve had only a chance that was calculated in a complex manner to acutally jam a ship. In X TC's case I think using a weapon like a beam that hits the target would cause its guns to go offline for a certain 15-20 seconds and use alot of power from the jamming ship.

:arrow: Energy Neuteralizing

At a great expsense of a ships weapon energy a ship can dispell the weapon energy of the target ships. Even missles or drones could be made to do this.

:arrow: Energy Nos (thief)

No weapon energy required to use this but it will steal energy from the target and add it to the host ship.

:arrow: Shield Thief

By using energy a host ship can drain a target shield and add some of it to its own shields. Usually 2/3 of what is stole is added to host ship.

:arrow: Stasis Webifier

Similar to a tractor beam, this weapon would slow the targets ships usually by a % at the cost of weapon energy
Last edited by Darkfire1 on Sat, 28. Feb 09, 14:17, edited 3 times in total.
X3 TC Ship Index
Community Ship Pack Mod
X2 The Threat - X3 R - X Terran Conflict

Darkfire1
x4

Post by Darkfire1 » Fri, 27. Feb 09, 04:23

reserved :?
X3 TC Ship Index
Community Ship Pack Mod

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Fri, 27. Feb 09, 06:24

Hopefully usefull info about ideas in the making and future potential ones for drones, it parallels some of what you have in mind: Pelador's Drones.

So if you have any particular features you think would be useful/fun to the community I'd be eager to recieve any expertise/ex[erience in terms of understanding how best to implement such features.

As you can see I'm currently working on an EMP drone that can knock out systems so any extra commentary you can feed into this and other things would be most helpfull.

When I publish EMP drones I'll provide the design spreadsheet so you can see the maths associated with it and a graph for potential of the effects.

Andy86
x3tc

Post by Andy86 » Fri, 27. Feb 09, 10:41

nice idea, i was thinking to something like that too, but you could change the names from EvE :D

Magnabyte
x4

Post by Magnabyte » Fri, 27. Feb 09, 12:53

I wish people would stop trying ot make the X serise into single player EVE. If you like EVE online (I know i do) then pay CCP for the privalage of playing it and enjoy yourselves, don't try to make another game the same thing.

Next thing you know, their'll be Ferox's all over the place.

Darkfire1
x4

Post by Darkfire1 » Fri, 27. Feb 09, 14:17

I hate the Ferox, just fyi. The fact is people will gather the features they like best and try in put them into a game that will allow them to, IE something that supports mods. So here we are planning it out.

Note: All names and such would be different from EvE because this is no way my Single PLayer EvE, they dont compare, X3 FTW
X3 TC Ship Index
Community Ship Pack Mod

Andy86
x3tc

Post by Andy86 » Fri, 27. Feb 09, 18:16

well, i think it is not for EvE but to improve gameplay depth and offer new options to the player

Darkfire1
x4

Post by Darkfire1 » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 05:04

As soon as i get home from vacation i will begin work on the Webifier I think it will be easy to do with the current weapon system with no real hard changes. Any percentage ratio ideas?

I was kinda thinking:

Alpha Web= 45%
Beta Web= 60%
Gamma Web= 85%

Above would be percentage speed decrease. How about energy costs? How would a formula be used to calculate this?

Ship total hull points = x

100,000 hull hp would cost 1500 energy

100,000hp = 1500j/s

sooooo

1,000hp = 1.5j/s

i will have to review some stats but i think that may fit in....
X3 TC Ship Index
Community Ship Pack Mod

Darkfire1
x4

Post by Darkfire1 » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 05:05

alpha would only use 45% weapon energy, beta use 60% but gamma should use 100% i think... i dunno, thoughts?
X3 TC Ship Index
Community Ship Pack Mod

dubnium
x3tc

Post by dubnium » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 06:15

45% of how much weapon energy? first you must decide which ships are going to be able to mount them. i reckon alpha = fighters, beta = corvettes, gamma = cruisers and some frigates.

Darkfire1
x4

Post by Darkfire1 » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 13:48

yea dub thats dead on what i meant.... A fighter should use the formula

Per 1,000 hp : 1.5 j/s (.45) = Amount of Weapon Energy.

Use for fighters and corvettes should be a very hard thing to manage, not much else can be ran if these webifiers are engaged. Thats my thoughts at least. I just dont want to see a buster holding down a Titan for an hour, that wouldnt compute!
X3 TC Ship Index
Community Ship Pack Mod

Darkfire1
x4

Post by Darkfire1 » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 14:19

since the several players i have talked to seemed to like this idea i have changed this to a MOD WIP and will start uploading files for download as soon as i get them started. I leave in 21 days for boot camp but I will start them and leave all files free to use / edit / redistrbute as modders see fit.
X3 TC Ship Index
Community Ship Pack Mod

Andy86
x3tc

Post by Andy86 » Sat, 28. Feb 09, 17:27

what i was thinking at:

as starting idea, a webifier should be an equipment, not a weapon modification - or you could add a weapon that could be used in any kind of ship, something universal, with only it's size to let some ships to use em or not (this would allow a continual visual effect, dunno if you can script em)

as for energy and effects i was thinking to:

energy could be consumed by a fixed % amount per webifier type (basing on total energy of the ship) + a fixed amount based on what ship and race is carrying it (eg telady have ships based on other, older ships, maybe even older models refitted, so it could consume a bit more energy cause the less energy-efficient system) and for the target is used on (webbing a cap ship for a fighter could be more power costly, thus having to choose between firepower or webbing capability, some kind of malus)

fighter version:800-900 meters, no damage, malus against bigger ships
medium version: ~1.5km, no damage, no maluses
cap ship version: range 2-3km, no hull/shield damage, malus against slower ships (to balance the fact that a cap ship slowing a fighter can kill it with one-two shots)

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 00:48

Interesting idea, I would def go for the jamming but beyond that I don't really see much else from EVE that can be used.

As for EVE itself, I quit it (again, tried it for a month recently to see if had improved at all), despite the new gfx engine nothing interests me in the game anymore and it takes way too much training to fly big ships well (1 year irl to fly a bloody carrier?!? f that).

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”