Squash mines

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

caveman-done-good
x2

Squash mines

Post by caveman-done-good » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 15:07

Right I need to find 60 Squash mines for the
Spoiler
Show
Goner mission
I have worked through the list of stations that sell them and they are constantly out of stock (Reloading rinse and repeat doesn't help )
any suggestions ?

Pirate hater
x2

Re: Squash mines

Post by Pirate hater » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 15:13

caveman-done-good wrote:Right I need to find 60 Squash mines for the
Spoiler
Show
Goner mission
I have worked through the list of stations that sell them and they are constantly out of stock (Reloading rinse and repeat doesn't help )
any suggestions ?
My advice would be to check the paranid trading stations. Even the pirate stations may have them in stock but highly unlikely.

caveman-done-good
x2

Post by caveman-done-good » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 15:18

Thanks will give that a go

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 15:42

Or just build your own. Have a few transports loaded up with the supplies, and just forget about it afterwards.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 16:45

They sell pretty well anyway in some areas. Can just put one on an Ore mine/Food complex in Split space.

M

NUKLEAR-SLUG
x3tc

Post by NUKLEAR-SLUG » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 17:46

If the NPC fabs are empty then supply them what they need and then they'll build some.

caveman-done-good
x2

Post by caveman-done-good » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 18:06

Right just built one and tacked it onto an existing complex in Heavens assertion so will just have to sit back and let it build the amount required.

Could be a good time to train up some more marines. Thanks everyone for your answers :D

ediko

Post by ediko » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 20:17

Just don't be like me and don't build a self sustaining complex with them.
No one ever buys them even at minimum price. And the only use i got for them is drop all 216 that are made when complex is full and drop in a pirate sector. Boom all 216 explode and guess what 1 pirate buster killed. Real nice ..... :lol:

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 21:47

Odd - my SQUASH mine fab is usually at least half empty. Not as good as chips but I found they sold OK in small (1-2 factories) amounts.

M

ediko

Post by ediko » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 22:36

Mine is in family Tkr . And in its whole existence time it didn't even sell 1 :lol:

insolent1
x3tc

Post by insolent1 » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 22:52

Military outposts are good sources for squash mines. Military outposts have their own freighters that travel all over the universe buying stuff)they only buy things that are sold at MO's) and bringing it back to the MO. They are easy to spot as the are called "race" military supply transporter.
So if you have a squash mine factory these are the guys that will buy your mines :wink:

insolent1
x3tc

Post by insolent1 » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 23:08

ediko wrote:Mine is in family Tkr . And in its whole existence time it didn't even sell 1 :lol:
Tbh, I think you put it in the wrong place, as there are only 2 military outposts in that region and 2 out of 3 of the main ways to travel to your factory is through xenon sectors and iirc there is a squash mine factory in ghinn's escape. You could sell them still yourself at corporation headquarters and military outposts. Use a fast freighter with a jumpdrive and set jump range to 50 and best sell at average or average -1 and it should sell everything your factory produces.

Hatikvahs faith is a good place for squash mine fab but you have competion nearby.
Last edited by insolent1 on Sun, 1. Mar 09, 23:10, edited 1 time in total.

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 23:08

Mine don't sell on their own (I think I have about 5 fabs in the complex? Not sure anymore as I use the Complex Cleaner Mod), and I've never seen them sell on their own. So I have a freighter with a jump drive and auto jump enabled in order to sell them, Pirate Bases seem to soak them up quite a bit.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”