Mod that makes SETA not turn off when going through a gate/coming close to a 'Roid?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

KFJ
x3tc

Mod that makes SETA not turn off when going through a gate/coming close to a 'Roid?

Post by KFJ » Mon, 2. Mar 09, 13:40

Hey all,

I've been trading manually recently, and the one thing that holds me back is when I go through gates, I have to restart the SETA drive, are there any scripts that restart it for me, when I'm on autopilot?
The X is a lie.
The above sentence is a lie.

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Mon, 2. Mar 09, 13:53

Can't be done, I'm afraid.

KFJ
x3tc

Post by KFJ » Mon, 2. Mar 09, 14:10

Aww :( But do you know how I sell an object to a station? Is barter the only way?
The X is a lie.
The above sentence is a lie.

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Sat, 7. Mar 09, 12:30

Dude, this might be an OFF thread from scripts and modding, but learn the basic gameplay first. Barter is the secondary trading. You can trade with any station with the TRADE button, and you will get the aditional resources/wares to sell/buy there.

Katorone
x3tc

Post by Katorone » Sun, 8. Mar 09, 05:19

Just an idea, not sure if it's possible in X3, and what the effect would be on SETA.
-> create a new SETA command which wraps the original one
-> in the wrapping command, create a timer which checks how near the player is to each asteroid/factory/gate, and disable the clipping of the objects getting near.

Or, instead of creating a wrapping command... try to bind SETA and another command to the "j" key. (I've noticed I can strafe and cycle through targets with the same key, though this is highly impractical)

I read in another post that X3:R isn't really event driven, so I guess there isn't even a clean way to find out if SETA is active or not.

If all else fails, SETA should be able to be detected by comparing the playing/flying time with the system time. It's crude, but should work, even if SETA executes scripts 1000x faster. (once every ms instead of once every 1000ms on SETA Factor 1000)

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”