[REQ-IDEA] Buyable Jump Beacons

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DarkCorp
x3tc

[REQ-IDEA] Buyable Jump Beacons

Post by DarkCorp » Mon, 2. Mar 09, 16:31

Hello,

Here's the idea:

In the main plot, there are beacons that are used jump back in a sector as a portal.

Would it not be possible to make them buyable (even at a prohibitive price) and to deploy as a satellite and to use them ?

It would be great for travel in the terran sector...

spacefueladdict
x3tc

Re: [REQ-IDEA] Buyable Jump Beacons

Post by spacefueladdict » Mon, 2. Mar 09, 16:35

DarkCorp wrote:Hello,

Here's the idea:

In the main plot, there are beacons that are used jump back in a sector as a portal.

Would it not be possible to make them buyable (even at a prohibitive price) and to deploy as a satellite and to use them ?

It would be great for travel in the terran sector...
I too would like to see them used 'in-game'.

why not make them essential to jump travel, you cannot jump to a sector unless there is a jump beacon to lock onto.

And make them perchasable ftom an equipment dock for say.... 1500Cr...ish. :)

gandy|UKCS|
x3tc

Post by gandy|UKCS| » Mon, 2. Mar 09, 17:17

What about adding the jump beacon features to the advanced satellite, that way it makes the thing even more useful :)

KELMAR
x3tc

Post by KELMAR » Mon, 2. Mar 09, 18:32

jump beacons shouldn't be required for jumps, it should be required for location specific jumps. normally you exit through a gate, jump beacons should be used to exit jumps at a specific location. which should give more depth to m5's scouting capabilities
That was my health bar?

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Mon, 2. Mar 09, 18:51

I'm not so secretly anymore currently developing them to be deployed by Drones as part of a development. Hopefully have them added soon.

Peladors Drones

The jump drones will deploy shortcut beacons which will be one way jump beacons. And you can only have one active at a time, details to follow soon when I've finished testing.

DarkCorp
x3tc

Post by DarkCorp » Tue, 3. Mar 09, 09:42

pelador wrote:I'm not so secretly anymore currently developing them to be deployed by Drones as part of a development. Hopefully have them added soon.

Peladors Drones

The jump drones will deploy shortcut beacons which will be one way jump beacons. And you can only have one active at a time, details to follow soon when I've finished testing.
:D

Thanks a lot !

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”