X3TC: Advanced vs. Regular Satellites

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

fOSSil
x3tc

X3TC: Advanced vs. Regular Satellites

Post by fOSSil » Thu, 5. Mar 09, 18:40

What's the difference in terms of features for the player, e.g. me?
Last edited by fOSSil on Thu, 5. Mar 09, 18:54, edited 1 time in total.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Thu, 5. Mar 09, 18:45

Advanced sats have a larger scanner range and you can turn on the sector camera when you are in the sector 'hotkey - k'. I think they also have more shields.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

fOSSil
x3tc

Post by fOSSil » Thu, 5. Mar 09, 18:49

Numbers for the scanner ranges? What is a sector camera? Hotkey 'k' is assigned to auto aim innit?

Edit: Whooohey 100th post! More than I've ever posted in all other internet forums together :o.

Goodfeller
x3tc

Post by Goodfeller » Thu, 5. Mar 09, 19:05

fOSSil wrote:Numbers for the scanner ranges? What is a sector camera? Hotkey 'k' is assigned to auto aim innit?
I had a chat about that the other day over here:

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Thu, 5. Mar 09, 19:19

fOSSil wrote:Numbers for the scanner ranges? What is a sector camera? Hotkey 'k' is assigned to auto aim innit?

Edit: Whooohey 100th post! More than I've ever posted in all other internet forums together :o.
The regular satellite has a little over duplex range (so a little over 20km radius) and the advanced satellite has something over 30km.

What the sector camera means, is that if you have an advanced satellite in the sector, you can open up the sector map and press K, where you'll get a top down view of everything in the sector. This feature only works if you're in the same sector as said satellite.

There are other instances of the same key doing 2 different things depending on the context.

fOSSil
x3tc

Post by fOSSil » Thu, 5. Mar 09, 19:40

30km, not a lot. I mean, it's a satellite! It should do at least twice the triplex scanner range...

Sector camera sounds fun, never knew that. Will try tonight.

Cheers for clearing this stuff up for me. I've wondered ever since the beginning of X3:R all those years ago :).

Merroc
x3tc

Post by Merroc » Thu, 5. Mar 09, 19:48

Now if only there was a way to mass upgrade (for a cost ofcourse) your normal sattelites for advanced ones!

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Thu, 5. Mar 09, 21:38

Sector camera isn't fun. It would be better if the map dissapeared first!
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Thu, 5. Mar 09, 23:36

fOSSil wrote:30km, not a lot. I mean, it's a satellite! It should do at least twice the triplex scanner range...

Sector camera sounds fun, never knew that. Will try tonight.

Cheers for clearing this stuff up for me. I've wondered ever since the beginning of X3:R all those years ago :).
Maybe a super satellite with ginormous scanner range would be a nice addition.

But 15K for near-permanent per-sector surveillance, that's not bad I think.

insolent1
x3tc

Post by insolent1 » Thu, 5. Mar 09, 23:39

Stealth sats is whats needed as replacing them is time consuming and it would allow your sats to survive in hostile territory.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”