[IDEA] Minerva Class Battleship From Gundam Seed Destiny

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lord Dakier
x4

[IDEA] Minerva Class Battleship From Gundam Seed Destiny

Post by Lord Dakier » Fri, 6. Mar 09, 19:51

Watching through the Gundam Seed Destiny episodes I noticed how the Miverna class ship would be an excellant ship to fly in the X-universe.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

The Photon Cannon known as the Ton Hauser is just below the bridge. Being a enormeusly powered photon cannon it devastates enemy capital ships however it can only be fired once before requiring routine maintanance.

As you can see in the first picture the main cannon battery fires huge shells which also devastate forward enemies.

On the left and right side of the bridge in the second picture, the smaller side batteries can be seen. These are used to fire upon enemies flanking from the side.

The ship really lacks defence from the back however and is supported by other pilots ordered to protect the ship.

EDIT - Here is some armament info from Wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minerva_class_battleship

Armament: QZX-1 "Tannhäuser" positron blaster cannon x 1
XM47 "Tristan" dual beam cannon x 2
M10 "Isolde" triple 420 mm naval rifle x 1
40 mm mutli-barrel CIWS x 12
"Wolfram" M-25 torpedo launcher
"Neidhart"/"Parsifal" heavy missile launcher x 16
"Dispar" intercept missile launcher x 16
Anti-beam depth charge launcher x 2
Last edited by Lord Dakier on Tue, 10. Mar 09, 01:01, edited 1 time in total.

kithsakhai

Post by kithsakhai » Fri, 6. Mar 09, 22:35

that would be interesting to see, use like gauss cannons as the main cannons, and probably a point singularity for the tanhauiser, etc.

if someone does do this, the archangel would also be a nice ship to compliment this one.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sun, 8. Mar 09, 02:18

Well the Tan Hauser and other weaponry could be custom made I suppose. Personnally Im not too keen on Archangel but yeah seeing the Miverna go against it would be kinda cool lol.

linuxman25

Post by linuxman25 » Sun, 8. Mar 09, 10:24

there is one word for this idea... EPIC!!!!

damn, i with i knew how to make ships, i have quite a few ideas, oh well best to leave it to the pros

The minerva is a great choice, and more realistic than the arcangel
GTFO MY STATIONZ

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Sun, 8. Mar 09, 20:02

Yeah I only wish I could model... Got 3DS max but still learning on how to use it.

The Minerva's Tan Huser ripping into a Collossus. When I have picked up the how to on modding I'll see to it that the Minerva and Gundams go into this game :D

Gundams I know could be brought into the game they just need to be done right. And the Minerva once it has its custom weapons would be ace.

aquemnun

Post by aquemnun » Sun, 8. Mar 09, 20:13

does that 3ds model have textures or is it the model only? if so then i may be able to help you get it ingame (not the scene file though but i can get the model workin for you)
There once was a buggy AI
who decided her subject must die
when the plot was uncovered,
the subject discovered
that sadly the cake was a lie.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Mon, 9. Mar 09, 18:38

Im not the owner of that 3D model I found somewhere online where this person has placed his work. If I can get the model from him then it would only need to be skinned and brought in game.

aquemnun

Post by aquemnun » Mon, 9. Mar 09, 23:08

ah ok, i would be happyto help but if I were to texture it it would be a bit of a bodge job using the normal TC textures, alas I am no texturer :lol:

Either way this is a very interesting ship design, i wish you the best of luck with this and if you need any help getting the thing ingame finised or not) then feel free to drop me a PM.

AQM
There once was a buggy AI
who decided her subject must die
when the plot was uncovered,
the subject discovered
that sadly the cake was a lie.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Mon, 9. Mar 09, 23:19

Well I'll see if I can get the 3D model of it. Just finished watching up to episode 39... shame the site I watch it from does'nt have the japanese dubbed ones.

So yeah give me a minute...

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Mon, 9. Mar 09, 23:33

I sent the mesage now guys, the work the project leader made looks real good. http://anaheimmachines.blogspot.com/sea ... el/Minerva

If the texture is already added then its party like its 1999! :D

Could we throw in our own custom weaponry for the Tan Hausser and Tristans and so on?

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Tue, 10. Mar 09, 09:46

Seems the project leader cant help us :( Guess its back to the drawing board again lol.

KELMAR
x3tc

Post by KELMAR » Tue, 10. Mar 09, 16:39

would be cool to get the arch angel also
That was my health bar?

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Tue, 10. Mar 09, 18:07

Yeah but c'mon TanHausser is kick ass :P

semiliterate

Post by semiliterate » Tue, 10. Mar 09, 18:20

can i just point out the horrendous impracticality of a combat ship with a weapon that can only be fired once?

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Tue, 10. Mar 09, 19:14

Im not sure how coding works in TC but couldn't you make the Tanhausser think its the bottom turret and make it so its manually controlled only?

As the Minerva has no bottom deck weaponry lets say we trick the game to think the Tanhausser is the only turret carrying only one gun. The problem I was wondering is the firing arc supported by the game or can it be modified.

semiliterate

Post by semiliterate » Tue, 10. Mar 09, 19:29

the problem is that any turret has an ability to run a turret script on it. fire arc is fixed but the position and direction of it isn't.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Tue, 10. Mar 09, 20:04

Hmmm well the player would have to leave that turret blank.

E.G.

Front Attack All Enemies
Top: Attack All Enemies
Back: Attack All Enemies
Bottom: No Command

Im not sure how the new turret scripts work but I remember some from X3: R, and you could always have none set.

semiliterate

Post by semiliterate » Tue, 10. Mar 09, 21:21

you can, but unless you could script it to only fire once there'd be no scripting or anything to do - it'd just be player choice. and i can't see why you'd choose it particularly.

it'd also need some work.

why not add the gun as a main weapon? give it just one slot in the main guns with decent turrets and a custom weapon the only mountable main gun.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Wed, 11. Mar 09, 00:42

Hmmm I know for X2 you could make it so the Energy recharges very very slowly?...

I could imagine asking it to fire at a Xenon J in auto turret and missing when I need it to hit lol... would add to the realism factor.

Bloody_Kain
x4

Post by Bloody_Kain » Thu, 12. Mar 09, 11:22

By the Minerva you forgott something:
1. she can only fire the Main Canon when it is out of the shell
2. all the tiny flak MGs for Rocket Defense.
3. the big Rocket Launchers in the back of the ship.
4. the ship has 2 Attack Modes and an Fly Mode.
4.1 Attacmode is without the Maincanon
4.2 is With the Main Frontcanon but then its a Weakpoint because it is so big. (The Maincanon was killed with one shot 2 times in the animeseries)

And the Hangars, in all Ships are open, but the Minerva flys not with open Hangars, so someone must make a script for them to open and i don't think that its Possible in the Game.

Same by Archangel and the other Ships from GSD.
By Archangel comes the Two Variant Canons and the Helldarts to the other weapons. It will be very difficult to make for §D Modelling Guys to take this Ships ingame. BSG was there Much easyer!!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”