CIG - How can I remove the 'Push' effect

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Scoob
x4

CIG - How can I remove the 'Push' effect

Post by Scoob » Sat, 7. Mar 09, 14:23

Hi,

I want to remove the 'Push' effect of the CIG - I constantly see larger ships chasing a TS or the like across the sector as each CIG hit pushes it further & further away but never manages to destroy it.

Ultimately I'll most likely add some other effect to keep the CIG 'special' but currently it annoys the hell out of me.

I can see in tBullets values for Reducing target speed and weapon energy on a hit but I cannot see anything related to the 'push' effect.

What am I missing or is the 'Push' effect handled differently?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Scoob.

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Sat, 7. Mar 09, 18:48

I'm not sure but it's either the bullet's impact effect (70) or the body file (bullet_push). If changeing either of these does not work then the effect is hard coded.

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 7. Mar 09, 18:57

Hi,

Thanks for the information Euclid, I shall check out those two entries in more detail.

I had thought that Impact Effect was purely the graphical effect so discounted that, as I did with Body File assuming it was again just cosmetic.

I will post my finding to confirm.

Cheers,

Scoob.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 8. Mar 09, 12:10

Hi,

Just tried your suggestion and Impact Effect was indeed the one to change.

I updated it to the same as HEPT (17) and no more annoying Push effect. I will tweak further to ensure the CIG does something useful still...maybe jsut balance the damage based on how much they cost.

Cheers for the assist, slightly annoyed at myself for totally discounting that particular option previously though Lol.

Cheers,

Scoob.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”