Shadows

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

NeverSnake
x3tc

Shadows

Post by NeverSnake » Sun, 8. Feb 04, 01:35

Shadows seem to be casting in the wrong places and sometimes missing altogether. This problem is especially noticable in stations and cutscenes but happens in open space too.

Any info on this problem?

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Sun, 8. Feb 04, 02:07

Can you oblige with a pic (less than 50k please :wink: ) posted? Bear i nmind that there is often more than one primary light source for shadows in most systems.
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Sun, 8. Feb 04, 23:20

http://www.zen23686.zen.co.uk/x2screen25.jpg

Ordinary Argon Free trading station.

1. There is no big light source in the middle or on the other side so my ship is casting it's shadow in the wrong place.

2. The cage isn't casting any shadow.

3. (not in the picture) the other ships or cages weren't casting any shadows either.

Is there any easy way to fix this or will I have to wait until the next patch/video card driver?

I have an ATI 9800pro so I doubt it's an outdated video card.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 8. Feb 04, 23:34

I'm not sure why, but the light source in a trading station (or any other station, for that matter) seems to move--you can see the shadows flitting up and down on the wall while you're parked motionless in the docking bay. I suspect this is deliberate, but I don't know WHY it's deliberate...

Rurouni Storm
x3

Post by Rurouni Storm » Mon, 9. Feb 04, 00:09

Well, the trading station does rotate.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”