[Script][Mar/13/2009]Station Storage Extension

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Khensu
x3tc

Post by Khensu » Mon, 9. Nov 09, 10:20

I use this with the 2.5 patch :)

works fine, but the % part is a bit confusing, a normal number would be better in my opinion, like a range of quantity :D

Azalyn
x3tc

Post by Azalyn » Sun, 29. Nov 09, 00:05

Tim,

Can you re-upload the 2nd version, download seems to be broken. Or if someone could post it up so I could d/l it would work just as well. Beta 1 d/l's ok so something things wrong with the 2nd version.
The surest way to make something easy to use, with few errors, is to make it impossible to do otherwise
- Donald Norman

Tim-O
x3tc

Post by Tim-O » Sun, 31. Jan 10, 11:50

Sorry for answering so very late. Haven't been playing for quite a time and probably won't for quite another time. I'll probably move the download location to another file hoster, though.
Jeraal wrote:I'm a little lost on the min/max% settings. If I have a complex that produces extra crystals that I want stored while leaving some in the complex, what would I set these to? If I have another product that I'm stockpiling(chips), how would I set it to store all of the product produced?
The Min% setting tells the complex when to take wares from the storage extension ships.
The Max% settings tells the complex when to put wares into the storage extension ships.
When the complex's cargo is somewhere in between, nothing happens.

If you want to store extra produced crystals but leave, say 20% of them in the complex so the production doesn't stop. You can for example use the following settings:

Crystals min: 20% max:25%

This will put crystals into storage when the station's crystal cargo is more than 25% full. Which should happen regularly when you are producing more crystals than the complex needs.
However, if you take crystals out of the complex so the cargo is below 20%, the complex will take crystals from the storage extension until it is 20% full again.

If you want all of a certain ware to be put into storage without leaving anything in station cargo, just set min and max of this ware to 0%. That way any ware that is produced will instantly be transferred to the storage extension.

wispborne

Post by wispborne » Tue, 6. Jul 10, 05:36

I'm about to give this a shot, will be useful; I'm also using it for a flail/barrage complex. Thanks a lot for this.

Windows ReadyBoost, anyone?

Rekalty
x4

Post by Rekalty » Thu, 28. Jun 12, 22:06

Sorry about possibly necro'ing, was not the intention.

Is there any current plugin that does this as well? Seems like a pretty handy feature, but the links no longer work, and it seems pretty outdated, not sure if it would even work with AP.

Magewolf
x3tc

Post by Magewolf » Sun, 25. Nov 12, 18:03

This seems like it would be a great help to me.Does anyone know of another script like this that is that is available and up to date?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 25. Nov 12, 21:17

Magewolf wrote:This seems like it would be a great help to me.Does anyone know of another script like this that is that is available and up to date?
I use Station Camper for this purpose, although it does not fully automate the entire job, as Tim-O's script appears to do.

Perhaps someone who has a copy might upload it?

Tim-O
x3tc

Post by Tim-O » Sun, 9. Dec 12, 20:32

I've discontinued the development of this script, but I've uploaded it to GitHub to make it easier for others to continue working on it. You can find the GitHub project here: https://github.com/merlinthered/plugin. ... .extension

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 9. Dec 12, 20:46

Presumably that includes your permission to maintain or enhance the script?

Thanks, Tim-O!

Tim-O
x3tc

Post by Tim-O » Mon, 10. Dec 12, 07:01

It does indeed. You can make your own versions of it and modify it however you want.

afterglowefx

Post by afterglowefx » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 02:12

If anyone's curious the script runs fine in AP 3.0--all functionality seems to be intact.

A little late to the game but it's an amazing script and provides some much-needed relief from the micro-management headache of puny storage bays!

Germi
x3

Post by Germi » Sun, 25. Jan 15, 10:27

Iam using this script with AP3.1/XRM. Works fine, especially with SOM :)

Thx for it Tim-O
Wenn´s nicht flüchten konnte, war´s wohl zu langsam ;)

AG139230

Post by AG139230 » Thu, 19. Apr 18, 18:34

I'm struggling with this like an idiot. :oops: Short question: does this actually allow me to increase the max amount of product in a complex?.

I sussed it, thanks for the mod.

:D

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”