Xadrian: Factory Complex Calculator for X3TC and X3AP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

flobz_uk
x3tc

Post by flobz_uk » Wed, 16. Apr 14, 18:24

Hello would it be possible to get this onto Android? could this would be good to use on my tablet while playing game??

thanks great app

flobz

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 16. Apr 14, 19:13

Code: Select all

Choose your platform:

Windows (Installer)
 Windows (ZIP)
 Unix / Linux
 Mac OS X
Xadrian is written in Java and needs at least the Java SE 6 Runtime Environment.
these are the current options available at this moment in time...

http://kayahr.github.io/xadrian/
or see sig.

No idea if he will work on an Android version.
But yes,it would be useful to have on either a second monitor(like I do) or run in the background and use Alt/Tab to check, if using a single monitor, as I used to.

NewColours
x4

Post by NewColours » Fri, 23. May 14, 01:34

Is there data available for XRM? (http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=304158)

I love this tool but I am starting a game with XRM and I want to be able to calculate complexes for the new areas!

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Fri, 23. May 14, 02:25

According to this link, you can mod the data files to include XRM data.

NewColours
x4

Post by NewColours » Fri, 23. May 14, 05:32

Yeah, I've seen that, but that means I have to find all the data or figure out how to export it, I thought being as both the mod and this tool have been out a long time someone may have done this already

Browser_ice
x4

Xadrian in French ?

Post by Browser_ice » Mon, 29. Sep 14, 02:19

Hi, I need Xadrian in French. My game is in French, my X3 Models viewer can be swtich into French but not Xadrian. It is a bit a pain trying to find which English station matches what I see in French in the other 2 tools.

It says in Xadrian I can use the system language but it does not work. My Win-7 is already in French but Xadrian just stays in English.

How can I have Xadrian switch in French ?
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Wed, 22. Apr 15, 19:15

Having a bit of a problem with a complex that I planned out in Xadrian 1.5.1. It seems that I am always running out of certain items, usually (iirc) food items such as Meatsteak Cahoonas, Nostrop oil, etc.

When I planned the complex in Xadrian, I made sure that every intermediate good was produced in surplus by including things like a spare Cattle Ranch M when all I really needed was the 9 Cahoona Bakery L and 9 Cattle Ranch L.

When I built the complex, I stuffed it with massive amounts of ECells to jumpstart production, but after several hours noticed severe lacks of food items, so I then started stuffing the complex with bought-up food items. And yet, that was not enough, as those food items should never have run out once being stocked up. I made sure the CLS/CAG traders were not allowed to sell intermediate products unless there was a huge surplus (over 80% stockpiled).

Still, the complex runs out.

These issues arise around the production of items that have greater than 1h cycle times, which begs the question, does Xadrian correctly calculate intermediate requirements on factories/forges with cycle times greater than 1h? Is there a way to change Xadrian's calculation time period to something like 4h or 12h so that I can check the production statistics (which now display Produced, Needed and Surplus as zero for each of these >1h cycle time forges)? Right now I only get the option of per hour or per minute.

TIA
bibo ergo sum

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 23. Apr 15, 11:56

when using this calc,which is imo the best for ease of use and additional utilities, I tend to make all my stations with as large as available,ss that I am always rounding up.

What may start off as 10 station complex in Xadrian, often ends up being 5 or more stations bigger

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Thu, 23. Apr 15, 16:14

Unless you overproduce intermediate products, it's not uncommon for production to stutter a bit due to the different production cycles.

The biggest problem is, while looking at the list of your stations, determining which stations have real problems and which are stuttering. This can be resolved by having an automated trader bring in a small surplus of resources and intermediate products on a recurring basis. Another way to solve it is for future complexes, build separate complexes for food and end product.

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Fri, 24. Apr 15, 13:50

As I said, I have the intermediate surpluses, they are built into the complex. Every intermediate product is built in excess of the need.

I also have 5 Mistral CAG (had 6, one died) and 5 Mistral Super Freighter ST/LT/UT traders set to buy intermediate goods that are in deficit (under 20%), sell intermediate goods that are surplus (over 80%), and sell end products, all home based to the complex. I may add more CAGs as I have just trained up another half dozen Logisticians and they are more than I need for my Silicon and Ore mines "east" of Legends Home.

Eventually (as in last night) I spent several hours just stocking every intermediate product to over 60% of capacity (quite a bit more than a small surplus) and letting things settle, which appears to have done the job but I am going to keep an eye on it for a few days.

Still, it would be nice to be able to switch Xadrian to a 4 hour or 12 hour production mode. I would attempt it myself but Java gives me seizures.
bibo ergo sum

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Fri, 24. Apr 15, 18:01

Well the intermediate products are hammering me again.

Here's a couple of screen shots that I found curious:

http://home.cogeco.ca/~glassdeviant/xadrian_stats.jpg

http://home.cogeco.ca/~glassdeviant/com ... ttings.jpg

The in-game complex info page shows a deficit in production of ECells, BoFu, Majaglit, Meatsteak Cahoonas, Nostrop Oil, Ore, Rastar Oil and Soja Husk while Xadrian says everything is just fine.
bibo ergo sum

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Sat, 25. Apr 15, 07:33

Try plugging the stations you have built into the Online Complex Calculator. You should come up with roughly the same thing as Xadrian or you may find that what you built is different from what you planned. You could do the same thing in Xadrian if you prefer, a new complex with stations built rather than planned.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Sat, 25. Apr 15, 10:43

I'm wondering what is eating all those Majaglit, considering that only the satellite factory uses them. And without an economic makeover 1 M-sized Jewellery usually produces enough to support 2 fabs.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 01:18

...just a thought...have you stopped npc trading?

kgkosio
x4

Post by kgkosio » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 02:37

Stop the selling of intermediate products. A Minstral freighter can deplete a resource in a single load.
Fan of the save game manager by badger
Best Steam DiD death: Fly into a TL repeatatly while repairing it

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 03:26

It's off. That is one of the first things I did when I couldn't get the complex stable. Only my own traders can add/remove intermediate products, and they are restricted to only selling when there's over 80% stock of the item in the complex. They are also set to buy any intermediate product that goes below 20%.

The only way npcs could be depleting the resources is if my sector traders were selling them off, but...there are no stations demanding Majaglit within their trading range, except maybe the trading stations, which have both low demand and prices higher than my set price in the complex.

I'll try assigning them (the STs) some place far away for a while and see what happens.
bibo ergo sum

GlassDeviant
x3tc

Post by GlassDeviant » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 03:29

ancienthighway wrote:Try plugging the stations you have built into the Online Complex Calculator. You should come up with roughly the same thing as Xadrian or you may find that what you built is different from what you planned. You could do the same thing in Xadrian if you prefer, a new complex with stations built rather than planned.
You've never seen me building a complex :)

I am a checklist maker; I plan them out, order the list to make it easier to build, tick off each station first when I buy it then again when I build it, and then I go through the list in the sector map before I run the Complex Cleaner, so they are triple checked.
bibo ergo sum

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 04:41

That complex screen says it all, you are not producing enough by a wide margin.

You're only producing 40% of the needed Majaglit, 69% Cahoonas, 40% Nostrop, 40% Rastar Oil, 80% Soja Husk, 40% Bofu

Unless you're modded there's been a mismatch between what you've planned in Xadrian and built in the complex - do you have a screen shot of the number of stations in the complex in-game and the "Factories and Sector Settings" section of Xadrian?

You shouldn't need to overproduce food, unless you want to sell it or use it elsewhere, so long as you have a small food buffer then the production cycles won't be an issue.

You can balance a complex very well: 1 tech fab e.g. 200MJ shield needs 1/5 of the output from an L food fab, so you could have 5x 200MJ shield fabs to 1 Cahoona Bakery L so long as you have 1 Cattle Ranch L behind that. You can of course use a mix of tech fabs that use Cahoonas as a resource to make up the 5.
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 07:42

From his calculated stats he has 2x Snail Ranch M, suppling 1x Jewellery M, supplying 1x Adv.Sat.Fact.

From his complex consumption stats he has 2x Snail Ranch M, supplying 1x Jewellery M, supplying 5x Adv.Sat.Facts.

But those 4 extra Adv.Sat.Facts wouldn't explains why he is low on all the other resources except 60 EC's/min. So there must be more stations build in the complex then calculated.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Sun, 26. Apr 15, 07:55

Exactly my thought in suggesting using the OCC with stations actually built. Identifying what stations are in the complex so someone can verify what is happening is another option.

What inbound ships are there? NPCs with buy orders?

Without knowing the composition of the complex, what the orders are for supporting transports, and what the orders are regarding NPC trading and intermediate products, all anyone can do is guess at what's happening.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”