Xadrian: Factory Complex Calculator for X3TC and X3AP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Mon, 11. May 09, 18:16

Xadrian is great for math and shopping lists (I often print it so I have a paper copy and don't have to alt+tab) but when your complex grows, it quickly becomes messy due to lack of colours and sorting.

That's why I do my complexes in both Xadrian and the old Calc for Reunion.

Here's how a big complex looks like in Xadrian:

[ external image ]

It would be much clearer with colours and sorting by Race and Type...

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 11. May 09, 21:44

In another thread someone gave the link for an updated version of the Reunion one. It includes X2,R and TC.You ust select the module you wish. Not checked to see how far it's updated for TC though.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Mon, 11. May 09, 21:58

The guy who did old FCC for Reunion now is busy with Model Viewer.

Also, I like Xadrian and I'd much prefer it improved. :-)

Hence the feedback.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 12. May 09, 21:51

Yeah,I see your point.

After a while it begins to look like a statistics chart rather than an at-a-glance guide.

The latest does have a little more user-controlled variables though,so when I have moved on a bit in TC,I'll move over to that.

The bit I like particularly is seeing clearly the hourly production cycles,without having to slide the page across the screen. (even if you do have to scroll up or down,which is my choice of preference).

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Tue, 26. May 09, 11:16

Is this tool still developed?

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Tue, 26. May 09, 13:46

I just downloaded this tool and it really is very nice. Not sure how it runs on Windows but I am using it on my Mac, so I can have it open parallel to playing. :p In regards to updating, any chance you could leave the xml uncompiled instead of wrapping it into a jar? It would then allow other users to do some work on it, i.e., update content without you having to do all the work. :)

kayahr
x4

Post by kayahr » Thu, 28. May 09, 07:57

delray wrote:Is this tool still developed?
At least I'm still alive but currently occupied with other projects. But hey, Xadrian is Open Source. So if someone feels the urge to improve Xadrian and knows how to program in Java and knows a little bit about the Swing API then download the sources, develop a cool new feature and send me patches and if I like the new feature I could apply them. And even if I don't like the the patch then you can still distribute the modified Xadrian yourself according to the license. ;-)

kayahr
x4

Post by kayahr » Thu, 28. May 09, 08:13

KiwiNZ wrote:I just downloaded this tool and it really is very nice. Not sure how it runs on Windows but I am using it on my Mac, so I can have it open parallel to playing. :p In regards to updating, any chance you could leave the xml uncompiled instead of wrapping it into a jar? It would then allow other users to do some work on it, i.e., update content without you having to do all the work. :)
Yes. I could place them outside of the JAR the next time. I'll think about it.

But for now you could simply modify the files anyway. JAR files are just ZIP-Files with a different file extension so you could open and modify them with a ZIP archiver. Don't know how it works on a Mac. If you can't open a JAR directly then maybe you could create a symbolic link from xadrian.jar to xadrian.zip and then double-click this zip file.

On Linux I can simply double-click the xadrian.jar, navigate to de/ailis/xadrian/data, right-click one of the XML-files and choose to open it with the text editor. When I change something and save the file then the archiver asks if I want to update the ZIP file. So I simply click OK and when starting Xadrian then it will use the modified XML file.

KiwiNZ
x4

Post by KiwiNZ » Thu, 28. May 09, 13:42

Ah, interesting point. Looking back at it, the unarchiver was actually the second choice of application my Mac offered and I just ignored it. :oops:

You must be German, the xml file is so tidy. :D

Great job with the tool, btw. I abandoned all my plans of making something like that myself, as there is no need having seen your utility.

kayahr
x4

Post by kayahr » Thu, 11. Jun 09, 22:17

A new version (1.2.1) is available. No new funky features. Just added the new crystal fabs of size L which were introduced in X3TC 2.1

As usual the new version can be downloaded here:

http://www.ailis.de/~k/projects/xadrian/download.html

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 12. Jun 09, 00:34

kayahr wrote:A new version (1.2.1) is available. No new funky features. Just added the new crystal fabs of size L which were introduced in X3TC 2.1

The L size protein paste fab was also added in 2.1 but it is missing from Xadrian.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

kayahr
x4

Post by kayahr » Fri, 12. Jun 09, 09:11

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote: The L size protein paste fab was also added in 2.1 but it is missing from Xadrian.
Ah, I missed that one in the ChangeLog (and still can't find it there). I'll add that this evening or this weekend.

Any other changes which were made but not announced? Unfortunately I can no longer use my data dump script to simply export the data since X3TC 2.0. Would be nice if Egosoft would create a special Game Start which starts the game with the Aldrin plot already finished. Than I could use this start as reference start for the export.

JFJohnny5
x4

Post by JFJohnny5 » Fri, 12. Jun 09, 16:39

Wow. Really nice app! Well done man. Just wanted to offer my thanks. Will be using this a LOT. :)

kayahr
x4

Post by kayahr » Sun, 14. Jun 09, 21:31

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote: The L size protein paste fab was also added in 2.1 but it is missing from Xadrian.
Sorry, but where the hell is this fab? The terran ship yard still only has the M size protein paste fab. The data dump also does not contain the L version of this fab. So it looks to me that this fab is a myth. Or is it a bug and it does not appear when I have finished the Aldrin plot with X3TC 2.0? Maybe the patch forgot to add it to an already existing terran ship yard? Can someone confirm that this fab exists?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Sun, 14. Jun 09, 22:17

kayahr wrote:
Sorry, but where the hell is this fab? The terran ship yard still only has the M size protein paste fab. The data dump also does not contain the L version of this fab. So it looks to me that this fab is a myth. Or is it a bug and it does not appear when I have finished the Aldrin plot with X3TC 2.0? Maybe the patch forgot to add it to an already existing terran ship yard? Can someone confirm that this fab exists?
Just double checked in my 2.0a completed game and verified it was there and it is... in the logical place too rather than shoved to the bottom of the list as with the Commonwealth Crystal Fab Ls.
Spoiler
Show
Have you rewired to the non-Kha'ak TUS#2 and linked this to Neptune?
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

kayahr
x4

Post by kayahr » Sun, 14. Jun 09, 22:29

After I have repeated the Aldrin plot (I was lucky and had an old save game where I just had to fly to the Neptune gate) the Protein Paste Fab L is now available in the ship yard. Looks like a bug that some savegames are not correctly updated by the 2.1 patch (maybe it's a Steam issue, who knows...)

So I added it to Xadrian and released version 1.2.2.

BlueSwede
x3tc

Post by BlueSwede » Tue, 16. Jun 09, 19:06

Very nice complex calculator. Thanks for your hard work.

Wip3out (Bru)
xr

Post by Wip3out (Bru) » Sat, 4. Jul 09, 00:38

Brilliant Calculator! Thanks alot! 8)
Intel i7 4820K @ 3.9GHz
32GB Corsair Dominator 2133MHz DDR3 RAM
Palit Super Jetstream Nvidia GTX980Ti

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Mon, 17. Aug 09, 03:25

Very nice work. There is one thing it needs to be perfect. An hour-by-hour simulation of the complex running.

This old complex calc still gets alot of use from me because of it's simulation feature. Mostly for tracking energy and ore/silicon useage over a long period of time.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

nponoBegHuk
x4

Post by nponoBegHuk » Sat, 12. Dec 09, 17:13

I don't know java but shouldn't be too different from C# I use: I will give it a spin

edit: well it seems I won't have free time anytime soon because of work so I'll let any volunteer correct the "automatically calculated base complex" algorhitm to something more correct, since xadrian currently does it wrong. Here is the correct algorhitm:

For most factories that come in M and L sizes, where L produces 2.5 times as much of product per hour as the M-sized one (pretty much every intermediate product factory like BoFu, BioGas and such), the correct way to determine how many M and L stations you need is as follows (kinda excel format so most of people would understand):

Code: Select all

UnitSize = "M-sized fac. production per hour" / 2
UnitsNeeded=roundup(TotalProductNeededPerHour/UnitSize;0)
LFactoriesNeeded=if(and(isodd(UnitsNeeded);UnitsNeeded>4);1+rounddown((UnitsNeeded-5)/10;0)*2;rounddown(UnitsNeeded/10;0)*2)
MFactoriesNeeded=(UnitsNeeded-5*LFactoriesNeeded)/2
Spp Factories calculation algorhitm:

Code: Select all

UnitSize = "M-sized fac. production per hour" / 2
UnitsNeeded=roundup(TotalProductNeededPerHour/UnitSize;0)
LFactoriesNeeded=if(and(isodd(UnitsNeeded);UnitsNeeded>4);1;0)
XLFactoriesNeeded=rounddown((UnitsNeeded-5*LFactoriesNeeded)/10;0)
MFactoriesNeeded=(UnitsNeeded-10*XLFactoriesNeeded-5*LFactoriesNeeded)/2

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”