Xadrian: Factory Complex Calculator for X3TC and X3AP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Mon, 10. Aug 15, 00:36

Is that Java 8.4 upgraded from 6 or from JRE7+?

I ask as I didn't have problems before running JRE 7 or 8 when it had been upgraded from 6 - or perhaps I just think that was the case, I never looked that closely before but I was updating JRE when prompted and didn't get this error.

If it was just one machine then I'd think it was a config issue locally but on a new OS install on two machines? I re-downloaded Xadrian and have tried letting Xadrian installer do the JRE download as well as downloading direct from Oracle.

Will take another look at it later and try different versions of each, just curios if anyone else has had this error.

Cheers
Marv
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!
X3AP 3.1 Printable Universe Sector Map

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Mon, 10. Aug 15, 00:44

It shouldn't matter what the previous version was, although if you've been automatically accepting the upgrades, you should have had Java 7. Unless Oracle has specifically identified functionality that isn't brought forward to newer versions, everything in Java that worked before should still work. The code you posted is common to core usage, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't deprecated.

scoutster
x3tc

Post by scoutster » Mon, 10. Aug 15, 01:51

Got the same error - after updating jre today.

edit: Happens mostly when pressing the up/down for factory counts, but sometimes it also seems random

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Sat, 15. Aug 15, 06:13

I've raised an issue in Github so fingers crossed this is picked up. Otherwise I'll have to look for an IDE and learn a bit of Java ;)

EDIT: Klaus responded to the Github issue and discovered it was a Java bug, updating JRE to at least 8u51 will fix this - thanks Klaus!

dipac001
x4

Problem with custom sector

Post by dipac001 » Wed, 8. Jun 16, 07:27

I am trying to use Xadrian but I'm building my complex into a custom sector that was added with a mod. Is there a way to add the sector statistics into Xadrian? By that I mean suns and asteroids.

MarvinTheMartian
x4

Post by MarvinTheMartian » Wed, 8. Jun 16, 11:27

You can edit the xml files if you're up for it.
open \xadrian-1.5.1\lib\xadrian.jar with 7-Zip or similar
and edit \de\ailis\xadrian\data\x3ap\sectors.xml for a start

I've not tried myself but it looks simple enough.

kayahr
x4

Re: Problem with custom sector

Post by kayahr » Wed, 8. Jun 16, 14:07

dipac001 wrote:I am trying to use Xadrian but I'm building my complex into a custom sector that was added with a mod. Is there a way to add the sector statistics into Xadrian? By that I mean suns and asteroids.
It is not necessary to select a sector. You can manually change the sun percentage. And the asteroid yield list is just an info text. You have to enter the mine yields manually anyway. So as long as your sector doesn't have a sun percentage value Xadrian doesn't know about and your mod doesn't change the factory values then you don't need to mod Xadrian.

dipac001
x4

Post by dipac001 » Sat, 11. Jun 16, 07:21

kayahr - Thanks for the quick reply; that solved my issue =)

Raider480
x4

Problem with yields dialog window

Post by Raider480 » Wed, 21. Sep 16, 03:25

I'm having kind of an odd issue with trying to get the asteroid yields dialog window to appear. I've used this program for a long time, but never had this happen before. Whenever I try to add asteroid mines, the split dialog window that usually appears and lets you enter your yields doesn't show up. The main xadrian window still loses focus though, and pressing escape brings me back to it, so it's almost as if the window is just not visible for some reason.

This is with jre 8u101 by the way, on Win8.1 64-bit. I built from source (with jdk 8u101) after the binary available online didn't work for me, but I still ended up experiencing the same issues. Looking through the repo, it seems like this file might be the one responsible for what should be the correct behavior in this context. However, I am not really familiar enough with the xadrian codebase, or the intricacies of newer java releases, to be able to debug beyond that.

Senor Pez
x4

Post by Senor Pez » Tue, 27. Sep 16, 19:44

Are you running multiple monitors? Java has issues in snapping windows to currently-visible monitors, and will sometimes leave windows off the screen.

To get them back, you can use this old trick. If you want to practice on a visible window, you can; it's just using keyboard shortcuts.
  • Hit ALT+Spacebar.
  • Hit the "M" key.
  • Hit one of the arrow keys. This moves the window, but more importantly, "glues" the window to your mouse.
  • Move your mouse and position the window where you'd want it.

Raider480
x4

Post by Raider480 » Wed, 28. Sep 16, 12:15

Senor Pez wrote:To get them back, you can use this old trick.
Ah, much better! Thanks; I often use dual monitors (though this was happening even with only one connected) but I never thought of using the context menu to get at the window like that. It definitely fixed my problem though.
Now I don't have to use a VM to run xadrian anymore :P

RustInPieces
x4

Energy cell free calculation?

Post by RustInPieces » Fri, 14. Oct 16, 00:14

I am interested in using the Energy cell eliminator script, was wondering if there is any way to disable solar power plant/ e-cells in xadrian's calculation for stations needed. I want to remove crystal fabs etc, and the needed food for them.

birthofgenesis

Xadrian C++ Conversion

Post by birthofgenesis » Tue, 11. Jul 17, 22:32

This not much of an issue as it is more of an interest. I have been doing a personal project in C++ revolving around your software and I am attempting to reconstruct it in a completely different language. I am aware you have given the software for free and anything can be modified just as long as there were conditions. Though the conditions do not say anything about modifying it to another language with its own data structure. What is your policy for that? Thanks in advance.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”