[TC] Help... Cant find any Heavy Hammer Torps.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DukeFlame
xr

Help... Cant find any Heavy Hammer Torps.

Post by DukeFlame » Mon, 16. Mar 09, 19:31

As the title suggests, Ive flown through almost every sector and have yet to see a Hammer production station...... Weirdly I did manage to pick up 4 from a military outpost somewhere so there is a factory out there. Im at a loss now as to where to search. Any ideas ?

LTerSlash
x4

Post by LTerSlash » Mon, 16. Mar 09, 19:41

It will be better to produce them yourselft....

DukeFlame
xr

Post by DukeFlame » Mon, 16. Mar 09, 19:49

That plan is in place...... cultivating elite marines atm (no way im paying for a TL !) In the meantime I want to take my Ares out and try boarding using the pods.

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Mon, 16. Mar 09, 20:43

I found a few Hammer Torpedo Fabs in -
Patriarch's Keep
Two Grand
CBSE
Priest Rings
Akeela's Beacon
Queen's Retribution
Rhonkar's Trial

There may be ones in -
Black Hole Sun
Rhy's Desire
Depths of Silence
Sacred Relic

I also did a few build station missions that required a Hammer Torpedo fab but I think they were for the pirates and got destroyed.

TL's are very useful in build stations missions (rented ones tend to cause problems or get into trouble, at least for me).

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Mon, 16. Mar 09, 23:52

Have you checked you encyclopedia as it will list all known places to buy them?
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

insolent1
x3tc

Post by insolent1 » Tue, 17. Mar 09, 00:12

Every military outpost sells them but they are not in stock much. Military transports are also a good source for them as they buy stuff for the MO's.

Tha_reaper

Post by Tha_reaper » Tue, 17. Mar 09, 00:37

the only decent way to get enough torpedos for an M7M is building your own factory... else you risk going into battle with not enough ammo, and running out of ammo in the middle of a fight is not what you want.

The thing that you could try is outfitting an TS with a jumpdrive, more than enough initial E-cells, a good refuel setting, supply command software, transporter device, and set it to resupply your ship with a lot of torpedos. As long as you dont wander off into enemy sectors it should do its job fine by getting torps from outposts, refueling itself (most outposts have e-cells), and jumping back to deliver to your ship.
but honestly... that will cost you just as much money for the ship and upgrades as you would pay for a factory, and a supplyship gets destroyed easely, while a station is pretty safe.

DukeFlame
xr

Post by DukeFlame » Tue, 17. Mar 09, 20:04

Managed to find one in Akeela's Beacon :oops: Must have overlooked it in my manic search.....
That said though, I havent yet seen another one.....
Managed to get 4 torps and took my Ares out for a practice, came back with a slightly dented Elephant :).
Time to start build missions and setting up my missile supplies.
Cany anyone suggest a good sector for the complex or should i just plump for a sector with good roids ?

Tha_reaper

Post by Tha_reaper » Tue, 17. Mar 09, 20:07

the Unknown sector east of montalaar is always nice. good 50 yield ore roid there, and plenty of space for future plans.

DukeFlame
xr

Post by DukeFlame » Tue, 17. Mar 09, 20:16

Thanks Reaper. I just read up a bit about the HUB plotline so I'll use the sector you suggest, damn i suck at building complexes, HUB plot is gonna hurt :P

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”