repair laser and tractor beam

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Antmark155
x3tc

repair laser and tractor beam

Post by Antmark155 » Sun, 22. Mar 09, 01:07

where can I get a repair laser to install on my ship and the tractor beam
?

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sun, 22. Mar 09, 02:04

Repair laser - you can't. Not in vanilla anyway. Just the one on your spacesuit. It's listed as compatible with some ships, but that's just because it is the same class as the tractor beam.

Tractor beams? Available from tractor beam fabs, and equipment docks. Check your encyclopedia. God often removes the fabs as they don't do much trade, but you should still be able to hunt one down (not easily) from one of the equipment docks.

Cheers.

Tim

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Sun, 22. Mar 09, 02:22

Third Redemption sells tractor beam factories if nobody's selling tractor beams.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 22. Mar 09, 07:38

Note that tractor beams can't be used on TS class vessels--although many of them can mount the device, because it's in the same class as the Repair Laser and the Mobile Drilling System, they don't have the laser energy to actually fire it.

Gothsheep
x3tc

Post by Gothsheep » Sun, 22. Mar 09, 10:47

perkint wrote:Repair laser - you can't. Not in vanilla anyway. Just the one on your spacesuit. It's listed as compatible with some ships, but that's just because it is the same class as the tractor beam.
So the next logical question: Where can I get a tractor beam for my spacesuit? >.<

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Sun, 22. Mar 09, 10:52

Gothsheep wrote:
perkint wrote:Repair laser - you can't. Not in vanilla anyway. Just the one on your spacesuit. It's listed as compatible with some ships, but that's just because it is the same class as the tractor beam.
So the next logical question: Where can I get a tractor beam for my spacesuit? >.<
I would like to see someone trying to drag an ore mine across a sector in their space suit. :P

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 22. Mar 09, 11:05

Superman could.
I think he pushed the Earth on a different orbit once although I never understood how he could get enough purchase with a man sized area.
This force would have turned granite or steel into plasma right there so I'd have expected him to just punch a hole right through the planet instead.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Gothsheep
x3tc

Post by Gothsheep » Sun, 22. Mar 09, 11:20

Gazz wrote:Superman could.
I think he pushed the Earth on a different orbit once although I never understood how he could get enough purchase with a man sized area.
This force would have turned granite or steel into plasma right there so I'd have expected him to just punch a hole right through the planet instead.
Mumblemumble solar shield mumblemumblemuble Reverse the polarity!

SIMON POPPLEWELL
x3tc

Post by SIMON POPPLEWELL » Sun, 22. Mar 09, 12:57

Gazz wrote:Superman could.
I thought he just flew round the planet really fast causing it to spin the other way. Maybe he played a very early beta version of an X3 game and found a way to stop stations spinning when you tractor them. :lol:

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sun, 22. Mar 09, 13:00

That was in Superman 1 when he reversed time to save Lois.

*cough* but, let's try and keep this vaguely on topic :p.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”