Carrier bug + fix - Ships getting stuck INSIDE a carrier

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Cpt. H. Elmes
x4

Carrier bug + fix - Ships getting stuck INSIDE a carrier

Post by Cpt. H. Elmes » Mon, 23. Mar 09, 23:03

I had noticed, when docking one of my wings to my Collossus, that if I ordered them to dock again (One of my other fighters in the wing was not responding and so I sent the order again) and that if they had entered the hanger but not disapeared and docked, they would try to circle out and get stuck inside the ship, ramming it on the inside.

So, before losing my fighter to the bug, I decided to jump out the carrier and try entering the fighter when it flew out from the ship, thus fixed. I tested this again just to be sure and I had recreated the bug successfully with another fighter of the same wing and was able to get it free once more.

So if you encounter a fighter bugging inside your carrier that you are in, eject and enter once the ship has flown away.

It was an odd bug, but a bug nontheless, so I thought that I should report it and I hope that it'll save any of you losing ships to the possiblity of this bug and hopefully see it fixed in the future. :D

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”