[TC] Enhanced Electro-magnetic pulse cannon (EEMPC)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DaveyP
x3tc

Enhanced Electro-magnetic pulse cannon (EEMPC)

Post by DaveyP » Tue, 24. Mar 09, 11:22

I need 14 of them for my Springblossom. Is it just a case of
Spoiler
Show

manually getting all the resources to the weapons factories in Aldrin and waiting until they build them
or is there another way?

Cheers.

natha
x4

Post by natha » Tue, 24. Mar 09, 11:44

This should move to spoiler forum, because there's not "exploit" forum anywhere to be found.:roll:
Spoiler
Show
Ppl around talk that if you go to an Equipment dock which has as product the weapon you want, but its empty that moment, if you sell him some, and then buy some ships and equip them alltogether, the same EQ weapon pool will be used. So if you sell 2 eEMPC in the Uknown base and order 10 spitfyres in Shipyard you will be able to equip them all with eEMPC ... thus you'll have as much as you want
I haven't try it tho, if you search you'll find lots of stuff about 'cloning"
edit:
Spoiler
Show
To feed those Aldrin bases and acquire the guns normally, you need alot of effort, due to distance and the large amounts.
I was talking recently to another thread that i plan to put 10 sector traders there and examine the results

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Tue, 24. Mar 09, 12:17

The EEMPCs are bugged, they are not produced in the factories. But you are really loosing the potential of the Springblossom with EEMPCs, mount PMAML and PSSC intead. EEMPCs are more for the Spitfyre

DaveyP
x3tc

Post by DaveyP » Tue, 24. Mar 09, 12:42

vbruzual wrote:The EEMPCs are bugged, they are not produced in the factories. But you are really loosing the potential of the Springblossom with EEMPCs, mount PMAML and PSSC intead. EEMPCs are more for the Spitfyre
I've got both the other wepons mounted, but I wanted to give these a go, too.

Think I'll have to do a bit of manual trading.

cheers, all

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 24. Mar 09, 13:18

EEMPCs are about the worst weapon you can fit on a Springblossom--they do a fraction of the damage of the other options. There's really no reason to use them except possibly in the side turrets as missile defence.

radionotme
x3tc

Post by radionotme » Tue, 24. Mar 09, 13:37

I use two of them for keeping the shields down on TL's I'm capping, but other than that its M/AM all the way. Can't get the PSSC's yet as my rank isn't high enough, but a Spaceweed complex in Heretic's end should help with that.

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Tue, 24. Mar 09, 13:54

radionotme wrote:but a Spaceweed complex in Heretic's end should help with that.
No, it won't, I'm afraid. I haven't observed a single Terran buy fuel or weed from my Heretic's vice complexes, ever. Outside of Aldrin, none of their factories use Fuel as a resource, and none of them use Weed. There aren't any Terran Courier ships to run the stuff to Pirate Bases either.

Do taxi and buy ship/return ship missions for Terran rep... it goes up very quickly.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Tue, 24. Mar 09, 13:56

pjknibbs wrote:EEMPCs are about the worst weapon you can fit on a Springblossom--they do a fraction of the damage of the other options. There's really no reason to use them except possibly in the side turrets as missile defence.
Agree, most of the time, however in certain circumstances a relatively low powered, high rate of fire weapon is useful.

For example, last night was capturing a Tokyo & didn't want to send the marines in until I'd trashed life support (there were well over a dozen, mostly mid-high level marines on board). My fighter drones seemed unusually useless for this (most of them kept shooting into empty space in front of the Tokyo).

After numerous attempts, in the end the only way I managed to trash life support was to turn the Springblossom round & give it a sustained barrage from the 4 rear EEMPCs normally used for missile defence - if I'd used either of the other weapon options (both high damage, relatively low rate of fire) they'd have destroyed the Tokyo far too quickly, while not getting in enough shots per second to be effective at destroying installed equipment first.

DaveyP
x3tc

Post by DaveyP » Tue, 24. Mar 09, 15:12

In that case, I won't bother. I've got 14 of each on it atm.

For capping a TL, I mounted 1 Shockwave thingy on the front. Used missiles for the main bit of shield dropping, then switched to guns. Got it with hull fully intact.

I can feel a lot more mamoths coming my way. Now, where are those "Heavy Lifters"?

1muvwndr
xr

Post by 1muvwndr » Tue, 24. Mar 09, 15:52

BTW, it's EXPERIMENTAL, not enhanced.

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Tue, 24. Mar 09, 16:24

DaveyP wrote:I can feel a lot more mamoths coming my way. Now, where are those "Heavy Lifters"?
Atmospheric lifters? They're that dot in the distance when you're flying through terran sectors.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”