[REQ] M7M/M8 Barrage ships by class

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

lordmuck
x4

[REQ] M7M/M8 Barrage ships by class

Post by lordmuck » Tue, 24. Mar 09, 17:05

Hey guys,

I recently got my greedy hands on the Minotaur :)
after doing a few test Grand Theft SpaceShips :P I decided to go to Weavers Tempest to "obtain" a Shuri so I arrived found the little bugger and said to my self,

"hmmmmmm better shoot a few warning shots so it will launch its fighters to kill them all and be able to concentrate on the Shuri"

everything went as planned roughly calculating barrages needed (after a reload or 10)

The point to this wall of text is this, as I didnt save after killing his fighters, this job was getting boring and slow having to select each target and launching "L" by using next target "Page Up" or selecting them through the sector map.

The Request is can somebody create a script which the player selects from a list of options :
Fire barrage M3/M4/M5/M8
Fire barrage M6/M7
and so on
( or just each separate class is up to the script'er)
that is in range of the selected missile/in scanner range
then asks input amount to fire
If there are still roaming missiles, NOT target anything else than the inputted class so they don't start eating everything else and dropping our ranks more by hitting stations or targets(anything in red) that we don't want to harm

And also perhaps a UI shortcut icon near our other buttons to the left hand "menu bar" that opens the barrage input amount with the currently selected ship as target

sorry for the long post but I am trying not be confusing
(which results in being more confusing)

Thanks
Lord Muck

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Tue, 24. Mar 09, 17:24

Yes, barrages are rather annoying when you have to repeatedly bash the missile shortkey.

I'd love to see a scrip where ships could have several missile bays which fired all the missile bays at the same time or just one bay.

Tim-O
x3tc

Post by Tim-O » Tue, 24. Mar 09, 18:12

Adding a button to the menu bar isn't possible.
However, there Is a Script that should roughly do what you need. I'm using it and it works quite well: The MEDUSA

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=218502

It adds a hotkey to fire a missile on every enemy in 10 km range or to fire a certain amount of missiles on the selected enemy. It also adds commands to the ship's console so you can use it if you're not in the ship.

lordmuck
x4

Post by lordmuck » Tue, 24. Mar 09, 21:36

:) thanks Tim-O that does much more than I asked for, I already read the description of what it does but I thought it a little cheatish in some places, but as so far no one has mentioned other scripts I shall try it out

Thanks again
and if anyone knows of something else please scream :)

Lord Muck

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”