[TC] Poisoned Paranid

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Zayoungb1
x4

Poisoned Paranid

Post by Zayoungb1 » Fri, 27. Mar 09, 16:48

So a couple days ago I decided to run the Poisoned Paranid start. At first I looked at the requirements for it and was a little thrown off. After several attempts I finally got a good start down in the south eastern part of the universe map.

So I am about 18 hours in or so and have now got an ore and silicon mine and my starting ship is off as a starting ut. I have a Boron m4 as a combat ship at the moment due to lack of 25mj shields at the moment. I only have about 800k in my personal account and that's about it.

So I am planning to get my silicon mine tractored and set up a closed energy loop when I get the money. Do any of you have any other suggestions of what money producing options I should be running to get my money flow up. I am trying not to get the free items in the universe and would prefer not to go pirate.

Thanks in advanced.

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Fri, 27. Mar 09, 16:54

I did the mini plot mission very easily doing mainly combat missions (protect station, patrol, etc.) They are very profitable. You also can upgrade your personal ship with the second hand offers, just keep moving among different sectors. You are even able to take some build station missions close to shipyards' sectors.

You may want to start one of the plots too, to boost up your income, but not required really.

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Fri, 27. Mar 09, 16:55

Get a TP, buy some marines. . . .combine it with your combat ship (might be an idea to wait till you have an M3). . . use it to capture a pirate M6.

Use your M6 to capture almost anything else. . . . good first one is a Hyperion. . . . . take over universe. . . .

Once you have a TL the "Build" missions can be very profitable but do require a fair bit in the bank as starting capital.
Last edited by Bishop149 on Fri, 27. Mar 09, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.

Zayoungb1
x4

Post by Zayoungb1 » Fri, 27. Mar 09, 17:15

Not a bad idea. If i run through the terran plot I can get a little of the first and a little of the second. Wasn't too sure if the time crunch would give me enough time but with my mines I just need an extra TS for some MORTing and I should be able to be kicking some money while doing the plot.

cezarip
x3tc

Post by cezarip » Fri, 27. Mar 09, 17:20

Or mine a certain expensive mineral with the TS you have got.
Provided that the laws of mathematics are
related to reality, they are not reliable. And if
they are reliable, they aren’t related to
reality.

Albert Einstein

Zayoungb1
x4

Post by Zayoungb1 » Fri, 27. Mar 09, 17:26

Yeah was going to get my split rep up a bit and just get a Caimen Miner and start harvesting some of that in the sector my two mines are in. Wouldn't be a bad idea to start that sooner than later.

Black Gryphon
x4

Post by Black Gryphon » Fri, 27. Mar 09, 17:49

I fly my TS down to Loo's and grabed the Mamba. Then used it to cap enough Paranid TS's to make the $25M in 2 days...

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Fri, 27. Mar 09, 17:59

Well, he said he wouldn't get any free ships and wouldn't do piracy.

1muvwndr
xr

Post by 1muvwndr » Fri, 27. Mar 09, 18:58

Just search for station defense or assassination missions. I made 25m in less than 8 in-game hours.
And then I restarted as a Teladi. :)

Black Gryphon
x4

Post by Black Gryphon » Fri, 27. Mar 09, 20:05

vbruzual wrote:Well, he said he wouldn't get any free ships and wouldn't do piracy.
It was war mot piracy... :twisted:

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 27. Mar 09, 20:15

Last time I did this start I got up to my first couple of million just trading...the freighter you start with is pretty OK. Got myself a Kestrel and did some asteroid scan missions (they're pretty lucrative if you have a decent trade rank and not much money!), then was lucky enough to find someone selling a beat-up Nova Raider for pennies--bought it, repaired it, gunned it, and started doing patrol and station defence missions.

Missions are the real money earners in TC, but you need good ranks to get the good money, and you improve your combat rank by doing combat missions--you DON'T generally improve your trade rank doing trade missions, which is a bit of an imbalance IMHO. Anyway, that means you get a nice feedback loop going where the more combat missions you do the higher the payouts get...so long as you don't get to a combat rank so high that the opposition is too tough for you there's good money to be had!

Zayoungb1
x4

Post by Zayoungb1 » Fri, 27. Mar 09, 22:05

Yes I did a little trading at first until I could get something to fly in. Then moved over to combat missions. I guess I don't need to be all that cryptic now that this is in the spoilers section. So I started in Heavens Assertion and was able to get a couple trades in while in split space.

Got my mines in the unknown sector south of Menelaus' Oasis. The issue with this is getting explorer software as well as just a simple trading extension. For some reason finding adv sats and 25 mj shields is very difficult at the time mostly because they disappear once I get in to the sector they where in.

I have plans at this point to start the terran plot for some more ships. Been kind of lucky with a couple caps. Got a nova and was going to fly around in that for a while but with the lack of shields that idea went out the window. With a little more money I should be able to get the ball rolling it was just that I had gotten to a point where I didn't quite have enough money to really get running. Thanks for the suggestions guys and hopefully by the end of the weekend I hope to have this done with and start on some bigger goals. That is if my D&D group will let me sneak away.

mcflurey667
x3tc

Post by mcflurey667 » Fri, 27. Mar 09, 23:34

build a solar power plant in argon prime a very nice little money maker
Glory Be To The Sajuuk Khar

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 28. Mar 09, 00:14

I went and hired every TL I could find, then did multiple Build missions simultaneously. I could gather the required money in about 20 hours.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 28. Mar 09, 08:50

VincentTH wrote:I went and hired every TL I could find, then did multiple Build missions simultaneously. I could gather the required money in about 20 hours.
Presumably you must have earned some money first, though...build missions tend to cost a bit up front!

Fragile Ego

Post by Fragile Ego » Tue, 1. Sep 09, 02:11

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I just had to comment on this topic. Ever since I beat the Tormented Teladi start to get the Poisoned Paranid start open I've been avoiding it, thinking: "How would I ever make 25 million in 72 hours?"

And yet, my current game just passed the 3 day mark and my personal account is at about 62 million and I must have another 40 million in ships and station cash! I'm in total shock! I haven't even really been trying to make money for the last day or more in this game.

And no, you don't need to mine nividium, or sell off the abandoned ships or any of those 'cheats'. I've made roughly 30-40 million just from trading. Another 30 or so million from missions. And the rest from capping.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 1. Sep 09, 02:12

Fragile Ego wrote:Sorry to dig up an old thread but I just had to comment on this topic.....
No, you didn't.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”