Winning The Lottery

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Should EGOSOFT make a patch making it possible to win the lottery?

YES!
75%
NO!
25%

Total votes: 48

Blade168
x3tc

Winning The Lottery

Post by Blade168 » Mon, 30. Mar 09, 06:46

in my last forum i realised just how much money id spent on lottery tickets that i cant win.
so now i want to see if i can make EGOSOFT write a patch that makes the X2 lottery winnable.
so if you want to win that lottery plze comment and vote!

Fanchen
x4

Post by Fanchen » Thu, 2. Apr 09, 20:07

I believe it's possible to win in the lottery in all X games. At least in X3 Reunion I once won (I should have a screenshot of that somewhere, but there were also other forum members who won).
I don't think there should be a patch, the chance is very little, but that's normal, isn't it? ;)

Fanchen

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 2. Apr 09, 20:11

I don't know that the X2 lottery was ever winnable. I never won it, and I did win the X3 Reunion lottery a couple of times after one of the patches. However, you might check the X2 Scripts & Modding forum for a user made script that does what you want. I highly doubt that Egosoft is ever going to release any more content for X2.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Sp@c3Ch!mp
x3tc

Post by Sp@c3Ch!mp » Thu, 2. Apr 09, 22:12

When I started on X2 (the only X game I really played) I have bought a load of those infamous lotterynumbers in the hope of assembling millions so I could buy an M3. Unfortunately that never came to pass and since I checked this forum, I also knew it would never come... :cry:

Naferius

Post by Naferius » Thu, 2. Apr 09, 22:37

Well a patch that contains all the previous stuff like donating money to races, lotary tickets and station repair
One down... millions to go.

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Fri, 3. Apr 09, 08:46

maybe there should be a poll for 'have you ever won the X# Lottery?' Yes/No.......
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

semiliterate

Post by semiliterate » Fri, 3. Apr 09, 14:53

i read a solid statistical analysis that said, probabilistically, that every player of X3 would have to log a thousand hours before one of us would win.

so it's mostly like the real lottery apparently.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 3. Apr 09, 15:07

ThommoHawk wrote:maybe there should be a poll for 'have you ever won the X# Lottery?' Yes/No.......
Er, there have been dozens of such polls. They tell you approximately nothing, though, since there's nothing to stop people from just saying "yes" even if they've not won.

- No-one has ever offered proof of having won the lottery in X2.
- Plenty of people have won smaller prizes in X3R but I don't remember seeing anyone who has offered proof of having won a jackpot prize.

Oh, and any kind of patch for X2 is extremely unlikely, and if there ever were one it would almost certainly be for technical reasons and not to change the gameplay.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”