[X3TC] How do I land at PBG forge?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jon_k
x2

[X3TC] How do I land at PBG forge?

Post by jon_k » Tue, 31. Mar 09, 16:53

I would like to buy some PBGs. I've found that the only place that sells them are the Plasma Burst Generator Forges in Loomanickstrat's Legacy, Danna's Chance, and an unknown sector next to the PTNI HQ. The only thing is they are owned by pirates, and they are red, and I can't land on them. I can, on the other hand, land on pirate bases, which I don't really understand.

I even did a few missions from pirate bases to try and gain reputation, but it isn't working. There apparently is no "pirate reputation" to gain levels in. I've also tried changing the "show as enemy if enemy to me" to NO, but even after that it still won't let me land.

How can I get it so I can dock at these stations?
AthlonXP 2100+ | XFX GeForce 6800GT | 1 GB RAM | SB Audigy

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Tue, 31. Mar 09, 17:02

Technically there is Pirate & Yaki rank/rep but it remains hidden from the player in vanilla.

Since pirates are a coalition of factions (I believe Duke's is part of this as well) each cluster of pirate space seems to be seperate (mostly) from the others. Either do missions from the bases or have a station hack the reds so they become friendly to you.

A recent post by N-S told of him aquiring a PBG forge from a capped TL in this topic.

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Tue, 31. Mar 09, 19:27

Station hack is the way forwards. I did a load of missions and very few stations went blue to me - a lot of ships, few stations (if any). Look for a lightbulb mission within 3 sectors of the stations and if they ask if you want help with a station then that is the badger! Just say yes and select the PBG forge - it will go blue.

M

jon_k
x2

Post by jon_k » Tue, 31. Mar 09, 21:34

Alright I figured it out. After doing enough missions at the pirate base, a new mission appeared, and I could "bribe" them 100k credits to let me dock at the base.

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Tue, 31. Mar 09, 23:32

jon_k wrote:Alright I figured it out. After doing enough missions at the pirate base, a new mission appeared, and I could "bribe" them 100k credits to let me dock at the base.
It's got nothing to do with doing missions, the hack mission you got is random and you just happened to get one at that point.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

gamer993
xr

Post by gamer993 » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 01:40

Or you could get them for free. I got 24 and they cost me nothing. The paranid weapons transporter gave them to my cause.
A person is smart, people are dumb, stupid panicky animals, and you know it.

X2 and TC the best of the X games!
My X2 M6 Uses guide

jon_k
x2

Post by jon_k » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 03:19

Hey, whatever works.

It's pretty cool that there are like 4 or 5 ways of accomplishing a goal in X3

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 04:37

i started to blow up the "red ones" put a tail to every single Teladi albatros in the system. from what i gather it seems teladi uses the hand of god to put stations back.

im in the search of both IBL and PBG , wont be bad if i can get a anarchy port lol :)

i will post my findings.

palm out.
X gamer , one at a time.

Naferius

Post by Naferius » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 11:09

Strange, they are all red to me and I can still dock and buy and sell stuff (got 5 PBGs ^.^)
One down... millions to go.

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 12:36

Naferius wrote:Strange, they are all red to me and I can still dock and buy and sell stuff (got 5 PBGs ^.^)
Check your global settings, Pirates are probably set to 'Foe', which means that regardless of what they think about you, they'll show up as red, even though you can dock and trade with them. Set it back to 'Friend', and they'll turn blue. (In your case)
[ external image ]
***modified***
"You can get more of what you want with kind words and a gun, than you can with just kind words" - Al Capone

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 14:21

Naferius wrote:Strange, they are all red to me and I can still dock and buy and sell stuff (got 5 PBGs ^.^)
Pirate stations let you dock and buy stuff whatever your reputation technically is.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”