P and PX needs the PPC capability back?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LTerSlash
x4

P and PX needs the PPC capability back?

Post by LTerSlash » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 03:09

What you think about it? considering how hard is to capture one compared to any other M6 and those dint have a real strong point.

It will be good to have the PPC on a real M6, addicionally, that will make them deadly in AI hands, getting hit by PPC fire is not good.

What you think about?

shilhi
x3tc

Post by shilhi » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 03:25

Well the Q's kind of cover that area..pretty well I might add. I can't tell you how many times I've been wasted by a Q.

Tiedyeguy
x4

Post by Tiedyeguy » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 06:36

The P has a max steering of 24.36 rpm where the next fastest turners are the Vidar at 8.8 rpm and the Yaki Washi at 6.5 rpm. That means it turns at almost 2.8 * faster than its closest competitor and is only slightly slower turning than the Teladi Kea (at 31.0 rpm). This means a player can fly a P more like a fighter with M6 guns.
NUKLEAR-SLUG wrote:A wasp can sting you and that just hurts, a hundred stings can be fatal.. and that's before you consider most wasps don't come armed with flamethrowers.
Former Commanding Officer of "Hellbound Handbasket" M7 Panther light Carrier in the mighty fleet of Admiral Leo 'Steve' Kayean.

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 07:25

The X3:R Ps only mounted Alpha PPCs. 14.3K shield/4.2K hull damage per second. The TC version of the PPC is basically a GPPC (46.5K shield/8.2K hull damage for the TC PPC vs. 47.9K shield/8.4K hull damage for an X3:R GPPC).

The Ps in TC can spew Ion Shard at you, those do 10.2K shield and 3.7k hull damage per second. With a much faster shot speed (420 m/s vs. APPC's 285 m/s). Not quite as deadly over time, but harder to dodge in a big ship.

TC's PPCs just... don't belong on a Corvette IMO, and TC's Corvettes have a smattering of weapons that are designed and pretty well balanced for them... Ion Shard, CIG, IPG, M/AM launchers.

LTerSlash
x4

Post by LTerSlash » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 07:34

Sure, but the P is not only slow, but also poorly shielded.

Addicionaly, both the P and PX cant load CIGs, EBCs or PBGs... those are the only M6s that cant load PBGs even the highly useless Hydra can.

The only good weapon choice there is the EMPCs...

If i going to waste 5 to 10 full trained marines for one of those, they should have something take make them better than other races M6s.

Why should i use a P or PX instead of a HCP, Vidar, Hyperion or Springblossom?

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 08:27

LTerSlash wrote:Sure, but the P is not only slow, but also poorly shielded.

Addicionaly, both the P and PX cant load CIGs, EBCs or PBGs... those are the only M6s that cant load PBGs even the highly useless Hydra can.

The only good weapon choice there is the EMPCs...

If i going to waste 5 to 10 full trained marines for one of those, they should have something take make them better than other races M6s.

Why should i use a P or PX instead of a HCP, Vidar, Hyperion or Springblossom?
Because those others you listed are no where near as hard to get. It's kinda like bragging rights. The Vidar is given to you, the Springblossom can be bought, the Hyperion and the HCP are exceptionally easy to cap, finding them is the only hard part.
[ external image ]
***modified***
"You can get more of what you want with kind words and a gun, than you can with just kind words" - Al Capone

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 10:38

One of the most amuseing things I ever did in X3R was loading up a P with pandora tuneings. Ended up with an oversized M3 fighter that shot PPCs. Very fun clearing a Xenon sector in it.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Snowship
x3tc

Post by Snowship » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 11:54

Tiedyeguy wrote:The P has a max steering of 24.36 rpm where the next fastest turners are the Vidar at 8.8 rpm and the Yaki Washi at 6.5 rpm. That means it turns at almost 2.8 * faster than its closest competitor and is only slightly slower turning than the Teladi Kea (at 31.0 rpm). This means a player can fly a P more like a fighter with M6 guns.
What is a Yaki Washi? I've yet to come across that :!:
[ external image ]
Vanilla Malt Gamestarts
"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire"

Tiedyeguy
x4

Post by Tiedyeguy » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 12:00

Snowship wrote:
Tiedyeguy wrote:The P has a max steering of 24.36 rpm where the next fastest turners are the Vidar at 8.8 rpm and the Yaki Washi at 6.5 rpm. That means it turns at almost 2.8 * faster than its closest competitor and is only slightly slower turning than the Teladi Kea (at 31.0 rpm). This means a player can fly a P more like a fighter with M6 guns.
What is a Yaki Washi? I've yet to come across that :!:
The YAKI WASHI is their own M6. I have seen them twice in my game, one from a Station Defense and one as a guard to an Akuma Assassination target.
NUKLEAR-SLUG wrote:A wasp can sting you and that just hurts, a hundred stings can be fatal.. and that's before you consider most wasps don't come armed with flamethrowers.
Former Commanding Officer of "Hellbound Handbasket" M7 Panther light Carrier in the mighty fleet of Admiral Leo 'Steve' Kayean.

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 15:01

LTerSlash wrote:The only good weapon choice there is the EMPCs...
Eh? EMPCs do less damage than PACs, HEPTs are a better choice.

I think the P is fine, with it's turning you should be comparing it to an M3 rather than an M6.

The PX suffers along with most M6s next to the 'super-m6s' like the hyperion, springblossom and vidar. Compare it to a heavy osprey or heavy nemesis and you'll see it's an great ship. Excellent maneuverability, good shielding, good speed, amazing weapon recharge and an excellent cargo bay.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 15:49

Er, you want to make the P and PX *more* dangerous than they are already :headbang:

Tiedyeguy
x4

Post by Tiedyeguy » Wed, 1. Apr 09, 15:50

brucewarren wrote:Er, you want to make the P and PX *more* dangerous than they are already :headbang:
Yes.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”