Mysterious passengers!!!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

whiteknightr1

Mysterious passengers!!!

Post by whiteknightr1 » Thu, 2. Apr 09, 18:07

Set up a base of operations in Heritics End, and running some protect station missions to earn some extra creds when i get a protect mission rated "Hard" so what the hell let's take it. So not to suprised a Yaki Carrier Jumps in and i figure no worries i've done this before but just as i set course at high speed to intercept and start my attack a second Yaki Carrier jumps in and i about dook my pants and spin around like a dog with my tail between my legs. I figure theres no way i can take on two of these things in m little spitfyre in a timely manner so luckily i have 4 missle boats and a Terran Capital ship (name of which escapes me) on stand by. Now fighting a Yaki carrier is like swatting a bee hive, hit it once a it spits out 10 fighters all poised to kick your butt. At this point i have all ships engageing the battle and both Yaki carriers have been hit so at least 25 Fighters swarming about what a targeting nightmare. finaly i notice one of the Yaki carriers is losing his shields and i figure what a nice oppertunity to try out a Marine boarding pod so i fly in close to one of my missle boats at 450km and transport myself to the ship and take command i fire 2 boarding pods in sucession the both reach the target and commence operation unfortunatley thats the last i heard of my marines the Yaki Carier meets it demise in a barrage of Hammer missles from my other missle boats...DAMN IT!!!. After the two Carriers are destroyed the fighters wander aimlessly shooting at everything in a panic just realizing they've lost thier home base. After clearing these i start assessing the damage and checking freight on my missle boats in preperation for replenishing the ammo i notice some strange passengers on one of my boats. 6 passengers not listed as marines where did these guys come from??? :? From my experience info will tell you if they are marines but no info on these 6 passengers they just appeared aboard my boat. what happened during the battle are these captives from the fight are they Marines that failed on the boarding mission and found their way aboard? So strange any suggestions?
"THE EARTH IS THE CRADLE OF HUMANKIND,BUT ONE CANNOT LIVE IN THE CRADLE FOREVER"

Kapakio
x4

Post by Kapakio » Thu, 2. Apr 09, 18:11

I think it's a known bug. Marines that fail boarding return to the ship as normal passangers sometimes.

Tiedyeguy
x4

Post by Tiedyeguy » Thu, 2. Apr 09, 18:15

That's a documented bug. It has something to do with Marines returning to an M7M and M7Ms not being able to conduct regular boarding (podless). It's really annoying when a group of 3 all 5* marines get turned into useless passengers.
NUKLEAR-SLUG wrote:A wasp can sting you and that just hurts, a hundred stings can be fatal.. and that's before you consider most wasps don't come armed with flamethrowers.
Former Commanding Officer of "Hellbound Handbasket" M7 Panther light Carrier in the mighty fleet of Admiral Leo 'Steve' Kayean.

whiteknightr1

Post by whiteknightr1 » Thu, 2. Apr 09, 18:16

strange...i couldin't train them at a military post so i had to enslave them and sell them to a pirate base. poor unfortunate souls..lol 8)
"THE EARTH IS THE CRADLE OF HUMANKIND,BUT ONE CANNOT LIVE IN THE CRADLE FOREVER"

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Thu, 2. Apr 09, 23:15

strange...i couldin't train them at a military post so i had to enslave them and sell them to a pirate base. poor unfortunate souls..lol
No there Traiters.
Should of kicked them out the airlock and had them exicuted.
Thats what I do if that happens. :twisted:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”