[Script] Apocalypse 1.3 25/2/10

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

expnobody

Post by expnobody » Thu, 2. Dec 10, 22:02

i installed it, went ingame, start a new game, nothing happened.. :?

(I have CMOD4 and SRM installed)

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 3. Dec 10, 00:33

LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

expnobody

Post by expnobody » Fri, 3. Dec 10, 02:14

uh..guess not...thanks mate..

i think it would help alot for others if you put this on the download page 8)

expnobody

Post by expnobody » Tue, 7. Dec 10, 21:21

Why can't i storm certain Station:
In Queen's Harbour
Bofu Chemical Lab M Gamma
and Stott Mixery M Alpha

i used the storm base command, but it says command rejected, then i got a message from unknown, the only thing written in it is "test"

the storm base command worked for all other bases in that sector, all enemy units except space suits are cleared.

PS: destroying those 2 bases won't help either, the sector is still belong to the enemy.[/i]

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 8. Dec 10, 18:21

that appears to trigger something i never finished, i've taken a look through the code for a message flag with "test" but can't find anything at the moment. I'll take another look next time i'm in X

Neeros
x3tc

Post by Neeros » Wed, 23. Feb 11, 23:39

Will this also cause khaak and xenon stations to spawn in their respectively controlled sectors? It would add a whole new level of difficulty in combination with the improved races mod for khaak and xenon race ships in the sectors as well trying to take everything back from you again!!!! :o

edit:

Also, I already have all the plots completed so what would happen to the hub and home sectors? We would need to cap them back?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 24. Feb 11, 10:02

i THINK (it's a while since i wrote it) that it hits every sector bar 1 sector for each race and the start sector so it may well do but i'm not 100% sure

x3tc

Post by 150147 » Mon, 14. Mar 11, 18:24

Hi LV. I've used a number of your scripts with great success but I'm having triuble downloading Apocalypse. The egosoft links take me to a site where I can download the spk version (got pluginmanagerlite installed) and there appears to be two links next to each other.
Click on first and can't open rar file.
Click on second and I get a window opened with a picture showing "SPK".

Please explain in simple words for a non-scripter how to download and install.

Grateful for your help.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 15. Mar 11, 10:04

for some reason i only released a spk version which is installable by using the plugin manager found stickied at the top of this forum ;)
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

x3tc

Post by 150147 » Tue, 15. Mar 11, 11:57

Thanks for your reply.

I have Cycrow's Plug In Manager Lite installed (recently) so I think it is version 2.12 (this is the latest version availble on his web site.

I also have your Imperial Libraries script installed (V2.6).

http://www.arcl07.dsl.pipex.com/x3tc/pl ... .3.spk.rar http://www.arcl07.dsl.pipex.com/x3tc/plugins/spk.png SPK version

is the link I am using to try to download The Apocalypse.

Clicking on the second part of the link http://www.arcl07.dsl.pipex.com/x3tc/plugins/spk.png SPK version then selecting "open" opens the Plug in Manager Lite and then selecting install gives me the above error message.

I have also tried clicking on the first part of the link http://www.arcl07.dsl.pipex.com/x3tc/pl ... .3.spk.rar
and saved it to my X3Terran Conflict directory then Unzipped using WinZip. Started Saved Game and can not find any options to switch on Apocalypse. Perhaps I need to start a new game. Will try this now.

Am I missing anything?

Would like it to "work" with Plug In Manager if possible.

Edit: Nope new game makes no difference. No ALP option to turn it on.

Help please.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 15. Mar 11, 14:34

follow the link in my sig to all scripts by LV

bottom one ;)
LV's TC Scripts

x3tc

Post by 150147 » Wed, 16. Mar 11, 10:23

Thanks LV.

These look really really helpful.
I need to find some time after work to understand and use these.

x3tc

Post by 150147 » Fri, 18. Mar 11, 13:56

OK...............All seems to be working --- Great Fun!

Trying to retake Faded Dreams. Darn Weapons platform keeps respawning!
Now left with OWP and a few Kha'ak Clusters.
Sent my Scarab with 10 5* Marines to within 3 km of Military Outpost and selected Storm Base from my own command menu. Nothing happens! Scarab remains stationary and Marines stay on board. Took MO shields down to 0%. Tried again - Nothing happens.
Tried transporting to Scarab to launch from there. No "Storm Base" command in menu. Tried Launch Marines command but MO not avaialble for selection.
How do I storm the base? and also, where should the "Take Sector" command be? Its not in my combat menu. So I'm stuck. Help Please.

Edit....... Well............. now that you have read this far............after further experimentation............sorted! I must have the marines in the player ship and everything happens after STORM BASE command issued!
Yahey!!! Just taken my first sector. Exhilarating! Great!

Hold on! Why was the STORM BASE command not available in my Scabbard? Edit: Answer - it just isn't! But it is available on M6 and M7's so no problem.
Last edited by 150147 on Mon, 21. Mar 11, 10:22, edited 1 time in total.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 18. Mar 11, 15:13

I don't know why I never noticed this script earlier, but when I read the title of this thread I instantly thought: "Whoops Apocalypse".

Looks like definitly a script from the Dark Side of the Forum ;)
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 18. Mar 11, 21:16

dunno 150

either my code is playership only or your doing something wrong

x3tc

Post by 150147 » Mon, 21. Mar 11, 10:24

thanks for the reply again LV. Please see my edit in my previous post.

x3tc

Post by 150147 » Thu, 24. Mar 11, 13:32

Argon Prime not returning to Argon when cleared (Race name remains Kha'ak).
I cleared AP of enemies (OOS since frame rate IS not good!) and stormed all stations (except my own, OOS and using 1 marine only). AP remains under Kha'ak control even when I return IS.
No "Take Sector" command available in Combat Menu.
I am now IS with all 4 gates defended and Kha'ak fighters keep respawning and I'm about to have a nervous breakdown!
Have I found a problem or is there something else I should be doing?

Edit: I have now stormed my own station in AP (OOS, IS and Playership) and sector race has been returned to Argon!!! BUT got a message sayinjg I would get no credit for this - boohoo!

Edit2: Found my error - When Marines stormed stations then turned green (stations turned blue) I assumed wrongly that the station was "redeemed". Found out that you need to wait until shields fall to zero.
When this is done the sector race is reinstated.

x3tc

Post by 150147 » Mon, 28. Mar 11, 14:08

LV.

New Issue. Some time after Faded dreams is liberated, the Military Base turns Red again. I have no ships (except NavSat) in the sector. Tried restorming but not accepted. Station remains hostile. Any thoughts why?

x3tc

Post by 150147 » Mon, 28. Mar 11, 17:06

LV.
Another issue. I popped into Legend's Home (to say hello to a few friends) and found myself surrounded by ZILLIONS of Kha'ak Capitals.
Frame rate 1 every 10 secs.
I reloaded and from OOS sent in my Valhalla fully loaded with P2Ps etc - QUICK DEATH.
Seriously - this is not do-able! Did you mean this to be impossible? Because with this number of enemies this sector is just not available for recapture.
Or is there a bug? or something wrong with my installation.

x3tc

Post by 150147 » Fri, 8. Apr 11, 12:39

LV, this is seriously such an awesome idea and as someone said earlier, a great way to proceed after completing the plots/missions.

However..

I have tried the Imperial start after completing the plots and the Easy start with a new game. Great fun until ........... Several hours/days into the game everything seems to just slow down. Frame rate reduces. Lag on mouse movement becomes seriously annoying and game becomes no longer enjoyable. I have no clue as to the cause (I am no scripter or programmer).

I have notice similar comments earlier on in this thread.

Is there any prospect of fixing this?

Another issue: If the Kha'ak Command centre is capped before killing off all enemies, then all the Kha'ak ships (including the capitals) in the sector turn green!!!! Wow a great reward! Did you mean this to happen?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”