[Script] Apocalypse 1.3 25/2/10

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 5. May 10, 17:41

lordmuck wrote:I was thinking , ONCE I have a nice "fleet" with X3tc 2.6 and the ANH completed I would move every ship I own to this sector, stop my UTs and so on.

Then start to reclaim places lost. Can this work like this ? or will the ANH reward be riddled with enemy's ?
Not quite sure what you mean and if ANH is plot related i have not got a clue as i've never touched the plot.

If you know what start sector your going to be put in you can move your ships there and they should not be claimed by the enemy if that helps
Crathes wrote:Is it always Veil of Delusion you get in the beginning? cause i seem to have some problems with that sector :(
Depends on the starting difficulty
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

entity7742
x4

Post by entity7742 » Tue, 20. Jul 10, 17:22

Very nice plug-in, been going for a few hours now and am finding it really challenging. was able to break it a few of times though with 2 unique ways during the setup and once after. :D

During the set-up; if the player is docked at a station then the player is not transported into the new start ship and then isn't transported into the start sector. (A nice way of keeping a ship but means that you have to run the gauntlet and prey that you can make it back home in on piece.)

Also during the set-up if the player runs the plug-in from the sector that they will start in i.e. veil of delusion or sanctuary of darkness then the stations that you are given in that sector are all turned into enemy stations. I assume that this isn't for added difficulty.

Final feature: when I tried to dock my mammoth, that I moved to the sector first, to the Allied Supply Dock it would just disappear.

Still a cool plug-in though.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 20. Jul 10, 19:10

There will be ways of abusing the start if you want to, I could have built in some safeguards but decided that people can start and cheat what they want in anyway so i'm going for self discipline

Onto the other query, yes, it's not a good idea to start in the start sector ;)

Mammoth, no idea, was it IS or OOS e.g. had the autopillock taken control or did it go all David Blaine on you?
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

entity7742
x4

Post by entity7742 » Tue, 20. Jul 10, 19:32

Both, the time I did it IS personally, I docked at the station, 2 seconds later , Game Over. didn't blow up, just disappeared without a message, doubt its a conflict as I don't have anything else installed apart from the bonus pack

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 20. Jul 10, 19:56

Is it just this mammoth, any ship, all the time etc

i've seen the kick from game without "The End" so there is certainly the potential for it to be script related but i can't hunt bugs without a map ;)

entity7742
x4

Post by entity7742 » Wed, 21. Jul 10, 02:22

just seems to be mammoths, just tested it with with a M3/6/2 and a different TL, its just the mammoths that disappear.

I'm not much of a scripter but the only thing I can think of is the script that prevents the mammoths multiplying in other docks are destroying mine. Should the call discriminate between the players mammoth and the universes one's

EDIT: just tried changing the mam.kil script by changing it to:

Code: Select all

$owner = $s -> get owner race
if $owner != Player
    $s -> destruct: show no explosion=[TRUE]
end
seems to work as they now don't disappear until I undo the changes.

corvisrex
x3ap

Post by corvisrex » Thu, 19. Aug 10, 01:41

Firstly, I love this idea, started playing with it last night, and man.... the endless waves of Kha'ak though not hard to kill, do drain your endurance...fun!

But I have questions/problem. Are there any incompatibilities?... Because I am not sure if I am just stupid and missing something simple, or if something is actually wrong...(usually it is the former)

The page says there is a "Take Sector" command? I never see anything like that, the only command I see is "Storm Station" and it does not seem to do anything. Either nothing happens, or I get a new message, that is either blank, or simply says "Test". Now I am thinking that this means there is some conflict. Yes I have marines onboard. I've tried removing every mod and script to see if it is a conflict and does not seem to change anything.

Is there some requirement, ship, or software for the command to show up?

X3tc v 2.7.1, Apocalypse v1.3, Imperial Libraries v2.5.

I am going to start a new game, do over and try again. See if it something I am just missing...

------------------
Edit:
Before anyone responds, seems like I got this working now....

Cleared every script and mod I had (not that many really) started new game, run 'pocyclypse, and "Storm Station" now seems to work. slowly re-installed all of the mods one by one to see if I could find the conflict, but it still works. Odd, but that's the way it is, no Computer problem is reproducible once you ask for help... But who cares...

Time now to show the Kha'ak the colour of their livers...
extalis inconcessuss sunt - Author Unknown

brantyr

Post by brantyr » Sat, 18. Sep 10, 20:16

It's looking good so far though I've just realized I have to restart as free argon trading stations and the Kha'ak corvette do not like each other at all (impossible to dock)! Thanks for this mod, I like the idea of capturing/liberating sectors and building up a fleet with that goal in mind much better than the standard X3 scenario

narn
x3

Post by narn » Mon, 25. Oct 10, 22:31

I like the idea but I was wondering if you could implement a few things.

1 make it so they try to take sectors back that you reclaim (then its more like a war strategy or a chess game)

2 make it so there are no stations in the parts they took over just their ships and stations.

Igor.tverd
x3ap

Post by Igor.tverd » Wed, 10. Nov 10, 23:06

mr.WHO wrote:Is there a chance to have a "Battlestar Galactica" survival scenario of this script?

I mean:
1) whole universe is taken over by Xenon virus transmitted by Gate network, exept Terran space where is only one/two normal gates and they were isolated so long that Xenon are infamiliar with their computer systems
2) You start at random sector at the bottom of universe map.
3) You cannot use Jump drive or you are limited to 1 sector away (emergency jumps) due to virus interference.

4) you choose starting fleet options:

Race:Any Commonwealth race, Yaki, Pirate, Terran USC, Terran ATF, multirace rag-tag

Fleet size: small, medium, big, custom (you would select the type, numbers and loadout of the fleet).

Fleet organization: Fully equipped battlefleet, battlefleet with low supplies, rag-tag fleet (with almost everything but most things would be useless), custom.

5) Your objective make a run to the Terran space with as many ships as possible (idel would be to have some kind of high score board)

6) Exept combat ships there would be civilian ships loaded with a lot of passengers, every survived passenger that make to the terran space would add bonus points.

7) there would be also utility ship like:
- minning ships that would mine ore and sillicon
- Repair ships that would repair using ore and sillicon.
- refinery ship - ship that would produce EC (for jumps and other stuff)
- botanic ship - ship would produce food for passengers using sillicon, ore and EC. It would require a script to reduce micromanagement. SHip would have a large cargo hold filled with food that would dissapear at rate deppending to passengers count. If cargo hold has no food, the script would start killing passengers. This way the only thing needed would be to provide needed resources to botanic ship and all the rest would run in the background (no manual food rationning across the fleet due to......)

.....8) Random events:
- survivors (civilian, military, diffrend race etc.)
- Cylon... I mean Xenon attacks (from fighter raids to full fleet).
- Terran fleets, sometimes you would run into Terran expeditions (USC and ATF) who try to solve what is going on. They won't ecsort you back home but can help you with Xenons in the sector, provide supplies or even spare some fighters.

of course there would be also virus captured ships that roam across universe.

9) Supply raids:
Because all stations will be still intact you could make raids near those stations to capture supplies (guns, ammo, EC, even fighters from shipyards).
LV, is you ever get the time to implement this you will be my god!!!
Fantasy is the impossible made probable. Science fiction is the improbable made possible.

rpetiger
x3tc

Post by rpetiger » Thu, 11. Nov 10, 23:04

This keeps crashing me, every time I try to play the game.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 11. Nov 10, 23:19

I'd suggest not using it then, i'm not in a bug hunting mood for this mod at the moment

rpetiger
x3tc

Post by rpetiger » Thu, 11. Nov 10, 23:42

Not sure if it is a real bug. All I know is after trying to load the game with this mod on, the game stops responding for minutes at a time. Is this normal?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 12. Nov 10, 00:08

then it is not crashing, it's freezing, how about being more descriptive please ;)

does it work/stop start, not work at all, pause every x minutes.

the intitial setup is very heavy on the cpu, are you running other scripts that could be killing the cpu? (you've already sent peeps on one wild goose chase with this my force powers tell me with your rep loss thread) the forum is much more forgiving than I am :)

Think carefully
LV's TC Scripts

rpetiger
x3tc

Post by rpetiger » Thu, 18. Nov 10, 09:16

It is just frozen. I just made a new run with only this script enabled. All I get to is the start ship, then it simply freezes, and my CPU doesnt seem to be working very hard.

Still frozen, even after hours of nothing

expnobody

Post by expnobody » Thu, 2. Dec 10, 22:02

i installed it, went ingame, start a new game, nothing happened.. :?

(I have CMOD4 and SRM installed)

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 3. Dec 10, 00:33

LV's TC Scripts

expnobody

Post by expnobody » Fri, 3. Dec 10, 02:14

uh..guess not...thanks mate..

i think it would help alot for others if you put this on the download page 8)

expnobody

Post by expnobody » Tue, 7. Dec 10, 21:21

Why can't i storm certain Station:
In Queen's Harbour
Bofu Chemical Lab M Gamma
and Stott Mixery M Alpha

i used the storm base command, but it says command rejected, then i got a message from unknown, the only thing written in it is "test"

the storm base command worked for all other bases in that sector, all enemy units except space suits are cleared.

PS: destroying those 2 bases won't help either, the sector is still belong to the enemy.[/i]

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 8. Dec 10, 18:21

that appears to trigger something i never finished, i've taken a look through the code for a message flag with "test" but can't find anything at the moment. I'll take another look next time i'm in X

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”