[TC] How to get disruptor missiles

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dirk-Jan
x4

How to get disruptor missiles

Post by Dirk-Jan » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 00:39

Any tips on how to get disruptor missiles?
I'm running vanilla so this factory isn't available.
I need a bunch of them to fulfill company missions.
Do I have to kill pirates and hope they drop one per pop?
X4: Let's do this!
(ASUS Sabertooth X99S; i7 5930@3.5; 24GB RAM; RX 580; playing latest vanilla steam version with Split Vendetta on Win10/64, "the young gun''; mogul/captain)
{playing since X-BTF}

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 00:41

Yes, going after Pirates/Yaki/Xenon will result in occasional disruptor missile drops but it will take time get get enough to complete the order.

Pisces1

Post by Pisces1 » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 01:22

Yes, those missions are annoying. Just collect all the ones you find; I've gone on disrupter hunting missions, but I had to clear out almost an entire pirate sector to find one. It is easiest just collect as you go.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 08:17

If you need these for a corporation mission, just abort the mission and wait until you get another mission offer...corp missions (apart from the very first one for each corporation) are always random, so you don't have to do them!

sazanami
x3tc

Post by sazanami » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 08:42

Well, aborting missions, I hear that you'll get those you skipped eventually. Anyway, more than one corp offers the same disruptor mission, so it's best to collect.

The mission remains the same if you never accept it, so you can take your time to collect, accept then complete it instantly.

vorlonfan

Post by vorlonfan » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 08:42

pjknibbs wrote:If you need these for a corporation mission, just abort the mission and wait until you get another mission offer...corp missions (apart from the very first one for each corporation) are always random, so you don't have to do them!
Is there any loss of rep for aborting corp missions?

PabloRSA
x4

Post by PabloRSA » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 09:14

You get at first about 5% drop in rank. Once you are past the first title your rank increases randomly for 10-20% it also drops the same way.

I found myself going 2 forward then 1 back.

Personal I would recommend you save all missiles from drops so you can use them in the other corp missions.

krapht
x4

Post by krapht » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 17:01

If you dont want to abort missions you can also reload to before the mission spawned and it may spawn a different one. I have used this on some occasions. You need to have a save before it spawned to reload to though.

From my observations it always spawns the same kind of mission, but the details are different

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”