Split from release thread - Fly To: object.name@L2M011.Aldrin 2 Gate

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

IceDrugg

Split from release thread - Fly To: object.name@L2M011.Aldrin 2 Gate

Post by IceDrugg » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 00:45

OK, here we go with new patch and new tonnes of bugs... Who can tell WTF with this Aldrin mission? I've just transported a guy to station and get this...
[ external image ]

That was the main bug, so I can't play the story line with it... Small bug: we can see smth like graveyard, ships has zero speed and has no movement, funny to watch
[ external image ]

P.S. waiting for patch 2.0.1 I guess, or smth... :(

{retitled to be a bit more descriptive - Carlo}

cale_online
x3ap

Post by cale_online » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 00:49

shouldnt the gate by high lighted anyway?

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 00:50

IceDrugg wrote:OK, here we go with new patch and new tonnes of bugs... Who can tell WTF with this Aldrin mission? I've just transported a guy to station and get this...
[ external image ]

That was the main bug, so I can't play the story line with it... Small bug: we can see smth like graveyard, ships has zero speed and has no movement, funny to watch
[ external image ]

P.S. waiting for patch 2.0.1 I guess, or smth... :(
If the indicator does not show you where to fly - search for a jumpgate in the Aldrin sector or sectors near Aldrin. At least that's what I read from that variable which seems to not have been replaced with the proper text.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 00:51

@IceDrugg. Running any script or mods or unpacked cat/dat files?
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 00:52

Split and moved.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

IceDrugg

Post by IceDrugg » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 01:09

I got a "cheater menu" installed with X Plugin Manager and self-modified types\hq.xml file. All saves and features works fine except this. I've updated 1.4 -> 2.0 without any troubles. Also I've killed files in "mov" folder for optimization purposes :lol:

enenra, when I fly to other sector, the pointer is always on Aldrin 2. When I go to Aldrin 2 I see the same, and the pointer is on this station anyway =(

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 01:18

Ok. The type of gate which should have been created is new, and would not have been in one of the previous types files. I am guessing that the game could not find the information it needed, and failed to create the gate.

The file which holds the gate change is types\TSpecial.xml. If you have an outdated file in the main directory, that will cause the problem. You may experience other issues. You could wait for the mods you are running to be updated for 2.0, or attempt to remove the mods yourself, although I can't tell you how many problems that could cause your savegame.

Either way. Back up your savegames just incase.

IceDrugg

Post by IceDrugg » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 01:33

So, how many gates are in Aldrin 2?.. I got two gates with destination "Aldrin". Btw, I've explored Aldrin 2 before I took this mission. Is this thing important, maybe?..

I got only one file "hq.xml" in "types" folder, the other settings are default.
Well, thanks any way, I'll try to replay it with backuped saves.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 01:38

Spoiler
Show
Two gates to Aldrin. One inactive gate to the east. Looking at the screenshot though, it doesn't exist.
The gate is attempted to be created when you enter Aldrin during the mission. If you have a save before then, that is the best place to test.

IceDrugg

Post by IceDrugg » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 02:19

OK, I guess problem has gone. Here we go with mission but without exploration the Aldrin 2
[ external image ]

Now the 3rd gate is successfully created.
[ external image ]

Well, donno what is was... but I'll be happy if you check your logic with this gate again for sure :) Thanks for fast feedback again ;)

FordGT90Concept
x3tc

Post by FordGT90Concept » Fri, 15. May 09, 21:25

I saw this same error, manually deleted the Cycrow Cheat Menu script, loaded my save before talking to the Lt., and the problem is now fixed (says Fly To: Gate which doesn't exist/isn't created if the Cheat Menu is installed)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”