X - Beyond The Frontier Help ..

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

evilweeja
x3

X - Beyond The Frontier Help ..

Post by evilweeja » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 13:00

Jus thought I'd load up this game onto my pc again after so many years of not playing it seeing as I'm loving X2 & especially X3 .. Cant remember if when you complete the story XBTF carries on eternally trading an building factorys etc like X2 does or not ?

Any help would be mega appreciated !
May the " X " be with you .. Always !

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sat, 4. Apr 09, 17:45

x-btf carries on running after the plot, just like every other game. However, it rather limited in what you can do compared to even X-Tension.

I know I gave up on X-btf after finishing the plot and started X-Tension.

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Sun, 5. Apr 09, 01:48

moggy2 wrote:x-btf carries on running after the plot, just like every other game. However, it rather limited in what you can do compared to even X-Tension.

I know I gave up on X-btf after finishing the plot and started X-Tension.
I carried on and destroyed *everything* except the shipyards.

It was most amusing. I had such a large fleet of fighters following me that if I wanted to stop I had to hide behind an asteroid or the following ships would crash into me.

I remember also once I thought I'd lost a fleet of fighters in Xenon space, only to have them turn up a week later in friendly space, still obeying their 'follow me' order.

The game was seriously limited when compared to the current X games, but at the time, having only played Elite 1, it was an awesome experience that I still remember fondly.

Ah, great times...
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”