[TC] Aldrin missions : WELL DONE!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

palm911
x4

Aldrin missions : WELL DONE!

Post by palm911 » Sun, 5. Apr 09, 22:20

well had a chance to play the campaign. and i have to say very well done egosoft.

however i wa expecting a nice thor or fenrir as reward. (no way to have one of those ships, in a unmodded game. (un-cappable)

looking forward for new missions :)

i can also tell the new sirokos. is awesome ... (have not fly it yet) but in the paper is better than the popular cobra.

where is the new xenon sector? hehe..
X gamer , one at a time.

Storm666
x3tc

Post by Storm666 » Sun, 5. Apr 09, 22:34

Gotto agree with the poster here, its a massive update to the story line etc... Good job lads, enjoy your pizza

shanrak
x4

Re: Aldrin missions : WELL DONE!

Post by shanrak » Sun, 5. Apr 09, 22:35

palm911 wrote: i can also tell the new sirokos. is awesome ... (have not fly it yet) but in the paper is better than the popular cobra.
Mind posting the stats or a link to the stats? :D

Just make sure it has spoiler tags or something.

mad_axeman
x3tc

Post by mad_axeman » Sun, 5. Apr 09, 22:37

I disagree.
NOT well done.
Thank you for ignoring the peaceful (trade/Exlpore) aspect of the game and going for the easy option of implementing content that can only be reached through doing a large amount of fighting.
Again!
:evil:

Dragoongfa
x4

Post by Dragoongfa » Sun, 5. Apr 09, 23:16

mad_axeman wrote:I disagree.
NOT well done.
Thank you for ignoring the peaceful (trade/Exlpore) aspect of the game and going for the easy option of implementing content that can only be reached through doing a large amount of fighting.
Again!
How much more peaceful content can they put into this game?

Back in the X3:R days people complained of too much trading not enough fighting.

Chealec
x3tc

Post by Chealec » Sun, 5. Apr 09, 23:55

TBH - I'm really enjoying the Aldrin missions expansion... granted I'm a bit of a gun jockey in X; I just love missile spamming M2s in my Hyperion :)

However, my game was beginning to stagnate a little - billions of credits, hundreds of factories and ships and so on.

While the whole open-ended thing is great, it's definitely nice to have some set, sequential missions to go back into when you need a break from calculating factory complexes, clearing Xenon sectors or just picking up little one-off missions here and there.

Overall I think TC has greatly improved on the "storyline" bits, not so much the main Terran campaign (as it incorporates a lot of tutorial) but the addition of the other plots like the Goner or Final Fury missions. The Aldrin missions expansion continues this and gets a big "thumbs up" from me ;)

... and I've now kitted out my Spitfyre with EEMPCs; w00t!

The problem with the storylines in the X3 games (only have R and TC) is that they've, by necessity I suppose, incorporated a lot of tutorial stuff in the campaign, so much so that it feels, not so much like a plot, but more like an extended tutorial (with a couple of irritating missions thrown in for good measure). Then, as soon as you've gotten to grips with everything there's a bit fight and that's the end of it.

The Bala-Gi missions in R added something pleasant after the main story - and TC takes this even further. 2.0 is a good continuance.

I just wish the mission director XML wasn't so impenetrable; we might see some community plots/stories then :)
[ external image ]

... old skool

Gothsheep
x3tc

Post by Gothsheep » Mon, 6. Apr 09, 00:33

NOT well done.
Again!
Dude, you have the Hub/PHQ missions. They would have to put in enough fighting to match all of WW2 in order to equal the amount of trading you have to do for those missions.

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Mon, 6. Apr 09, 00:51

I like how the Aldrin missions wove some things together -- can't get into details of course (as this is not the Spoiler forum) but aside from one mission which seemed like a complete non-sequitur, I liked the expansion.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Mon, 6. Apr 09, 02:32

Gothsheep wrote:
NOT well done.
Again!
Dude, you have the Hub/PHQ missions. They would have to put in enough fighting to match all of WW2 in order to equal the amount of trading you have to do for those missions.
what he said.
X gamer , one at a time.

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Mon, 6. Apr 09, 03:07

When I completed the Aldrin missions in ver 1.4 it felt very anti-climatic, it left me feeling like "is that all there is?" So hopefully I won't have the same feeling this time around.
And fwiw I feel like the fight/trade is pretty balanced with the missions that are offered thru station comms.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

philip_hughes
x3tc

Post by philip_hughes » Mon, 6. Apr 09, 03:32

I'd like to see some intrigue, with unique sectors and goods etc. But I cannot complain.
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Mon, 6. Apr 09, 03:41

Dragoongfa wrote: How much more peaceful content can they put into this game?

Back in the X3:R days people complained of too much trading not enough fighting.
Some people forget that in X3R if you want more fighting there are sectors you can go to as a choice, and if you want to trade is possible becuase balance is more thoughtful - I agree with Mad Axeman, the game has been hijacked by war-mongering weapons manufacturers :P
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

Gothsheep
x3tc

Post by Gothsheep » Mon, 6. Apr 09, 05:04

ThommoHawk wrote:
Dragoongfa wrote: How much more peaceful content can they put into this game?

Some people forget that in X3R if you want more fighting there are sectors you can go to as a choice, and if you want to trade is possible becuase balance is more thoughtful - I agree with Mad Axeman, the game has been hijacked by war-mongering weapons manufacturers :P
By that token I could say that some people are forgetting that in X3: TC, if you want more trading you can just leave Aldrin and go to any number of stations to do some trading.

LTerSlash
x4

Post by LTerSlash » Mon, 6. Apr 09, 06:17

No, what the game needs is improve the trading missions, give some REAL timing, considering that a trade pilot will take the mission and them go to get the goods and deliver them... "deliver 250 units of space weed, in 30 minutes" yeah right... i got an idea but i gona post this in the ideas forums.

Anyway, the game dont need a "trading plot". A good trading pilot dont even use the missions.

the game still needs A LOT MORE fighting... no just one o two fights in the plot...

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Mon, 6. Apr 09, 07:29

i just found , when flying it , it does not support any kind of flails & hammers. so.. nevermind about sirokos.

hehe.. me back to cobra.
X gamer , one at a time.

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Mon, 6. Apr 09, 10:09

No, what the game needs is improve the trading missions, give some REAL timing, considering that a trade pilot will take the mission and them go to get the goods and deliver them... "deliver 250 units of space weed, in 30 minutes" yeah right... i got an idea but i gona post this in the ideas forums.

Anyway, the game dont need a "trading plot". A good trading pilot dont even use the missions.
Or a trade pilot will just com one of his complex TS's to bring the stuff over right away. :wink:
250 spaceweed is that all you want 2500 might be a little better.
well I can produce that in one cycle at my complex. :roll:
How about 175 slaves in 15 mins, thats what I had to supply to a slave trader in the trading station in Home of Light of all places but no problem thou all my TS's trading illegal stuff have cargobay shielding anyway. :fg:
Certacy of are old friend the duke ofcourse.
See you got to get rid of those useless marines somewere now haven't you, so slave trade missions makes for an ideal outlet. :wink:

Once your assets reaches around 10 billion like mine has you wont be to bothered about trading missions any more. :wink:

BeidAmmikon
x3tc

Post by BeidAmmikon » Mon, 6. Apr 09, 11:22

Spaceweed Adict wrote:I had to supply to a slave trader in the trading station in Home of Light of all places but no problem thou all my TS's trading illegal stuff have cargobay shielding anyway.
I really HAVE TO ask: what's with that "cargobay shielding", anyway? :roll: Something different from the ship's shields? I might need it badly, but I don't know it... Thanks.

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Mon, 6. Apr 09, 12:35

I really HAVE TO ask: what's with that "cargobay shielding", anyway? Something different from the ship's shields? I might need it badly, but I don't know it... Thanks.
Arr yes well cargobay shielding prevents local police ships from seeing whats in your ships cargo bay so making it ideal for your TS's trading in dodgey gear. :twisted:

You can only aquire it from the Dukes HQ so get on his good side if you want some.
:wink:

ThommoHawk
x4

Post by ThommoHawk » Mon, 6. Apr 09, 18:23

Gothsheep wrote: ....snipped.....

By that token I could say that some people are forgetting that in X3: TC, if you want more trading you can just leave Aldrin and go to any number of stations to do some trading.
:) well, I was not talking about dashing out to get load of Argnu Beef myself. lets see; er... UT's? ST's? (that work?), a trading empire with lots of UT's, ST's TS's etc, mostly staying alive and healthy trading for their stations without being disintergrated? (fingers crossed the fix in X3TC-aldrin will be affective). Able to create a solid income of billions of credits without missions - just on your own.... I guess I really love to circumvent plots/missions wherever possible/practical... I like to fight too. but I still think it should have been given more grease in the (mission free/plot disabled) trading capacity too.
[XTrilogy]: Holy Argnu cows! I have found it! An asteroid of pure ore - 100% - I am rich! Now, I just need to find one like that made from silicon. hmmm, where do I want to go today?
X REBIRTH? "JUST A TOURIST until X4 IS RELEASED! Because That SUPERNOVA sure went FUBAR" (Quoting T.Hawk. Read all about it at: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=353678) :x3:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”