[TC] what ships can mount tractor beams v2.0a

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

stevePg

what ships can mount tractor beams v2.0a

Post by stevePg » Fri, 10. Apr 09, 23:45

Hi,

I need to move an ore mine closer to a big complex but don't know what ship to put it in. Thought it would go in Boreas but don't get an option to install it. Whats best for the job?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 10. Apr 09, 23:49

Probably an M6.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sat, 11. Apr 09, 00:20

I tend to use the Heavy Hydra. Mind you that is only because I always buy one to try boarding with in a fit of optimism, try, fail and then have to find something else to do with it. Happens every game! But it also has an OK cargo bay, OK speed and so on.

M

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 11. Apr 09, 07:47

The in-game Encyclopaedia will tell you what ships can mount a tractor beam in the entry for that weapon. Note, however, that a tractor beam requires a certain minimum laser energy to fire, so most TS class ships can't fire one even if they happen to have a compatible weapon slot.

stevePg

Post by stevePg » Sat, 11. Apr 09, 09:00

I've got that mine moved now. Is it possible to move complexes? I've 2 more mines in that sector that are connected but just too far to connect to my main plex in that sector. Do I need to break the tunnel then drag them or can I just target each mine and drag. It didn't seem to work last night although I was on the spacefuel :?

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sat, 11. Apr 09, 10:53

Haven't tried complexes - but if they are near but not quite near enough you can 'chain' complexes together. Build another one in between them, join the mine complex to it, then it to the main complex. 25km is apparently the magic number.

M

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sat, 11. Apr 09, 14:03

20km (unless it's changed in 2.0).

You can't move stations that are in a complex (although you could always blow up the complex, move them, and then reconnect everything).

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”