[TC] Aldrin Expansion Mission Finale?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

farmerboy
x3tc

Aldrin Expansion Mission Finale?

Post by farmerboy » Sat, 11. Apr 09, 14:52

I am unclear if I have completed all stages of the Aldrin Expansion Missions.

The last thing which happened was the connection of the neptune gate to the new sectors next to Aldrin 2 after reconfiguring the hub.

I expected these missions to finish with the usual "congratulations" and fireworks cut scene but so far have only had a message about terrans hopefully soon improving relations with the commonwealth.

Have I finished the aldrin missions and therefore the entire game main story missions (ie goner, earth, final fury, hub and aldrin expansion) or is there more main mission starts.

Exactly how many new sectors are unlocked in Aldrin expansion? I count five (including the new zenon sector but obviously not Perpetual Sin). Any more?

Pity there isn't a water production fab for those ice roids...!

Thanks for reading this blurb!! Views appreciated.

darkhorse
x3tc

Post by darkhorse » Sat, 11. Apr 09, 15:35

What you got was exactly what I got. The message log also said that a new shipyard was available in terran unknown sector one.
This shipyard appeared while I was towing the mining ship through this sector to Aldrin 2 ( prior to reconfiguring the Hub but has since vanished.

Did you manage to complete the mission towing the ship? Every time I tried to enter Aldrin 2 the mining ship was destroyed through collisions with other ships. I tried at least 5 times but it seems impossible to me.

Darkhorse

Stu Austin
x4

Post by Stu Austin » Sat, 11. Apr 09, 17:56

darkhorse wrote:Did you manage to complete the mission towing the ship? Every time I tried to enter Aldrin 2 the mining ship was destroyed through collisions with other ships. I tried at least 5 times but it seems impossible to me.

Darkhorse
What you have to do when you start towing the Mobile Mining Ship is give your towing ship (playership) the command to fly to Aldrin 2, save before going thru the first gate. After passing the first gate with the ship in tow give it the command again to fly to Aldrin 2. This is the only way I could get it to work for me. It would wait for the other ships to clear the gates so there would not be an collision.
Transcend Mod Team - AP, TC, Reunion

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 11. Apr 09, 21:38

Never had this problem on the Level3 tests. towed to Aldrin 2 ,no problem.

However there are times when you have to avoid outgoing ships ,very quickly, just as you enter a new sector. This has been worked on so is not as often as it was.

ubica

Post by ubica » Sat, 11. Apr 09, 23:20

I could't get the ship through in one piece either, but that didn't seem to matter. The plot just continued and the Shipyard was there just the same. And it didn't blow up...

WellMad
x2

Post by WellMad » Sun, 12. Apr 09, 01:10

The way I did it was To take over it(use Spaec suit beam on it to make it red) then use marines to take over it(GOOD fight training) then Jump it to system you need then give it 2-3 second tug on the Towing. =]

Pisces1

Post by Pisces1 » Sun, 12. Apr 09, 10:33

I got it through ok the second time. The first time I flew through the gate then thought it didn't come though, tried again and it didn't come through, then tried again and it blew up on the gate when I went to get it. Loaded again this time I autopiloted and realised it just took a really long time for the ship to come through. Next gate I just flew through and waited. Not sure if its the other people's problems but it solved mine.

PS. Where is the gate to the new xenon sector?

farmerboy
x3tc

Towing ship

Post by farmerboy » Sun, 12. Apr 09, 11:56

I decided it was not cheating to capture the mining ship. As it has no marines, no shields and no hostile weapons it is easy to say the least..! Five semi-trained marines took two minutes. I also thought there was a clue in that the freight includes a jumpdrive. Dropped and swapped a few energy cells, jumped to A2. Job done......except have I messed up the mission sequences by doing things the wrong way hence my original question.

( as a side issue I did try for ten minutes to tow the ship but found it always wanted to drag sideways through the gate. Doesn't fit. I was unable to reangle the ship by "pushing" on the very front or back to twist it round. It just keeps pushing or pulling sideways. Not based on physics in the real world!

To come back to my original question......Have I finished the main game missions. I was expecting a big military ding-dong with the paranid super-weapon we kept hearing about.

I still remained surprised there is no firework Congratulations cut scene as on every other mission completion which is what bothers me...!

Thanks

Also to repeat how many new sectors?

Orion1632
x4

Post by Orion1632 » Sun, 12. Apr 09, 12:34

I towed mine through okay, just have to wait and wait and wait until gate traffic clears enough for the ship to get through the gate.

So that's it?

And.... can I realign my hub gate?

splc
x4

Post by splc » Sun, 12. Apr 09, 15:56

Orion1632 wrote:I towed mine through okay, just have to wait and wait and wait until gate traffic clears enough for the ship to get through the gate.

So that's it?

And.... can I realign my hub gate?
Yes you can realign the gates, do so very quickly as you will have nasty things rampaging through your hub very soon.

Re towing the 'miner' I just used the command 'fly through gate' and your ship will wait for a suitable gap in gate traffic before proceeding - I had no problem getting the 'miner' to aldrin 2 by this means.

Re number of sectors - 4 - delivered by the plot.
If you feel the urge you can explore TUS 3 - who knows what's out there.
Bespoke Gerbil Pilots’ Guild
‘If you think training is expensive, just try ignorance’

Choublanc
x3tc

Post by Choublanc » Mon, 13. Apr 09, 14:30

I'm on the same point: Neptune's gate is activated, i've got the message that a new shipyard is available in TUS1, but no shipyard there.
BTW I was unsuccessful in towing the TL. Could it be the reason why there is no shipyard?

Or am I missing something?
Thx very much in advance for help.

farmerboy
x3tc

Post by farmerboy » Mon, 13. Apr 09, 14:41

Sorry I can't help on this one. I had a shipyard spawn as expected. I did have two messages though; one said there was a new shipyard with some fabs. Then later on another message saying the range of fabs was increased. It is there and I have used it ok but it has no complex construction kits so you have to bring them from a confederation sector.

I suggest you just keep trying to go back progressively further in the mission and retrying. Note I gave up with towing altogether and just capped and jumped the ship to Aldrin 2. Didn't seem to upset the mission sequence.

Still was hoping to use that nividium planetoid destroying super weapon we kept hearing about so feel the generally good aldrin missions ended with a fizzle rather than a bang.

Going back to my original question I am still not completely sure I have finished the game anyway.

Anyone had anything else to do beyond activating the neptune/TUS 3 gate?

Bengunn
x3tc

Post by Bengunn » Mon, 13. Apr 09, 16:40

Choublanc the shipyard in my sector is up by NE of sector but a bit further E than the gate. Flew to N gate gate turned left and carried on for a while hope that helps.
Live long and prosper.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 13. Apr 09, 17:40

- Towing the TL is easy, just use the autopilot, especially before and after going thru the gate. Your ship will speed up after going thru the gate, then stop - by itself. That provides enough clearance for the TL to follow through the gate. if you interfere with that, the TL may be stopped, and won't cross the gate.
- The TL will be given to you if you succeed the mission, otherwise, you only have mission completed, and no TL
- You can use an M5 and explore UTS1 to find the shipyard. Mine is way off the center of the map, and I wouldn't find it without the explorer M5. On the scan sector dialog, enter the amount which is 1/2 of the size shown in the sector map. (Say the sector map is 512km, then enter 250).
Last edited by VincentTH on Mon, 13. Apr 09, 18:15, edited 1 time in total.

Bengunn
x3tc

Post by Bengunn » Mon, 13. Apr 09, 18:09

My shipyard in TUS 1 is 46.4 k, 38.0 k, 21.3 k.
Live long and prosper.

Choublanc
x3tc

Post by Choublanc » Mon, 13. Apr 09, 18:53

Thx very much for the replies, but still no shipyard in TUS1 in my game.
I will try again the TL mission with an older save.

falconmst
x4

Post by falconmst » Thu, 15. Jul 10, 07:11

I believe I have the same issue, I had no problem with the tow and completed everything I can find on any walkthrough. I just never got the cutscene & shipyard in TUS 1.

Any help would be appreciated.

Retiredman
x3ap

Post by Retiredman » Thu, 15. Jul 10, 08:59

Aldrin campain end after the Neptune gate become active. No foreworks but the message of a shipyard where you can buy factories appear.

Not a big fanfare with this part. It's support to be an expanion from the Terran campain. Or what comes later.

Now you just need 400 mil for that one special sector.

djduality

Post by djduality » Thu, 15. Jul 10, 09:12

400mil?? im not sure what thats for but i better start saving.
i just completed it myself, i did have a little trouble getting the mining ship tugged safely, second attempt was a success for me.

falconmst
x4

Post by falconmst » Thu, 15. Jul 10, 15:38

i got the message and the gate is active but no station to buy from & steam achievment did not complete

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”